• Yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would somebody in the UK be happy about a decline in the UK economy? :confused:

:LOL:

Shouldn't all British people be hoping for the success of the nation? :confused:

People should indeed try to keep calm, but it does not need to be Sonic. The Bremainers are making the most fuss. :p

Probably, because they have the most to lose. The wheel that needs the grease is the one that sqeaks.

The little UK pension that I accrued in he first part of my working life and that I bring out to Spain, periodically, is worth less. The ex-pats living on old age pension will not be happy.

That is why I have always argued that one should, always, vote in his own interests. That may sound shallow but it is true. Voting for the greater good is great for the minority. You can, piously, go to church and pray.

A schoolmaster told me, when I was a kid," On American coins it says, "In God we trust." he added, "everybody else pays cash".

Last edited:
Mrs Leadsom said a nine-week leadership campaign at such a critical time for the UK would be "highly undesirable".

Whatever her motives may be, I agree 100% with her words.

Now, the ball is in Cameron's corner. F the hollidays. Get this ratified, if it has to be , resign and let May get cracking.

Question heard just now. How long it be before we know? 2 days, 4 days, a week? ( for May's confirmation)

Answer: It will be soon.:D

Mrs Leadsom said a nine-week leadership campaign at such a critical time for the UK would be "highly undesirable".

Whatever her motives may be, I agree 100% with her words.

Now, the ball is in Cameron's corner. F the hollidays. Get this ratified, if it has to be , resign and let May get cracking.

She obviously hasn't thought her actions through. Has it taken her two weeks to reach this conclusion?

They are all much the same Splitlink. You have to think if someone has suffered a depression, should they be put up to a most stressful job in the country dealing with the Conservative party?

Brexiters think the job is done and dusted. Do they really know what the task ahead of them entails? Farage tells the EU you've never done a days job in your lives.

Criticising and wrecking what other people have achieved is one thing but delivering on promises, results, work and services is another.

All wannabees with no gusto. Go into battle with these turn coats and they'll leave you high and dry?

All we need now is for Theresa May to deliver leadership back to Cameron and call out "as you were"! Everybody stand down.

CV might want to run for it perhaps. His a Conservative party member is he not? ;)

Probably, because they have the most to lose. The wheel that needs the grease is the one that sqeaks.

The little UK pension that I accrued in he first part of my working life and that I bring out to Spain, periodically, is worth less. The ex-pats living on old age pension will not be happy.

That is why I have always argued that one should, always, vote in his own interests. That may sound shallow but it is true. Voting for the greater good is great for the minority. You can, piously, go to church and pray.

A schoolmaster told me, when I was a kid," On American coins it says, "In God we trust." he added, "everybody else pays cash".

Maybe your schoolmaster got it from here. :whistling :whistling :whistling

https://www.amazon.com/God-We-Trust-Others-Cash/dp/0385021747

Lawyers may urge a free parliamentary vote but the government were committed to passing it through based on the referendum result so it wont be a free vote. Also if an MP votes against it from any constituency where the vote was out (Tory or Labour) it will be political suicide which is something all MPs will avoid above anything else. If the vote is lost it will almost certainly result in an election in my view and lead to large demonstrations from Leave supporters further splitting the need for unity within the UK and giving UKIP a real chance of being a major force in the UK parliament.

There's mega dosh for the vultures.

fwiw I'm pleased with outcome.

Delighted to see back of Brexiters.
Happy to see Conservative party coming together.
Theresa May saying all the right things.

Happy for renewed negotiations to take place and deal put to Parliament to vote on.

Let's get the business of running country and governing back on track where it belongs in parliament and off the streets away from half baked referendums and bodies with no plans and big gobs.

Phew! Will politics be ever as exciting as in the last two weeks. We've shown'm how to do it. :cool:

Lawyers may urge a free parliamentary vote but the government were committed to passing it through based on the referendum result so it wont be a free vote. Also if an MP votes against it from any constituency where the vote was out (Tory or Labour) it will be political suicide which is something all MPs will avoid above anything else. If the vote is lost it will almost certainly result in an election in my view and lead to large demonstrations from Leave supporters further splitting the need for unity within the UK and giving UKIP a real chance of being a major force in the UK parliament.

You are forgetting the events and fall out from the last two weeks.

Put the same referendum question today and you'll get a different pulse.

Public have seen the colour of Brexiters. False promises and poor leadership.

Will the public buy into the same lies? I don't think so.

Will the don't knows still remain don't know? I don't think so.

Will the protest vote remain a protest vote?

Some of the elderly will think twice. Assuming they are still kicking around ofcourse. :whistling

I had not thought of the political suicide bit! You are quite right, of course.

Some of the elderly will think twice. Assuming they are still kicking around ofcourse. :whistling

Much as I admired your spirited campaign to remain I think being democratic means playing by the rules and accepting the result. Don't want it to turn into a neverendum like the moaners up North, do we ?

Yes, but, it is still something for the mps to worry about.

Some of the elderly will have kicked the bucket, but that source of supply never dries up. There will, always, be new ones. They like bi elections, it gives them something to do. A kind of therapy and gets them out of the house.

I wonder how Hastings would go?