Brexit - in or out

There was a lorry driver on the radio, today, who cannot drive until he gets an EU license. He's been driving for 42 years. Now he has to go on a course, which will cost him 500 pounds. He is voting out. Laudable, perhaps, but self interest, just the same.

You are talking like a 12 year old.............he is voting to be what he already WAS, before your ilk decided to try and take it from him.

Yep......im sick the thought of how many people fought and died to make this country, from right back in history, for a group of people to think they have the God given right to throw it all away, this whole Brexit debate has made me think about peoples integrity and moral fibre, and how many spineless people there are........If we do remain, i hope the 5hit fest hits them first.

Yup, the bully boy brigade

There was a lorry driver on the radio, today, who cannot drive until he gets an EU license. He's been driving for 42 years. Now he has to go on a course, which will cost him 500 pounds. He is voting out. Laudable, perhaps, but self interest, just the same.

I hope that more people vote for reasons like that when they do not understand what GDP and all the other economic terms are. Half the poiliticians don't know, either, so the voter may as well vote for a pracical reasonn.

There is a whole industry built up now, most of it around health and safety and competency. So, before you go to work these days, you have to have a pass for this, a certificate for that, three stamps in your booklet for something else. Nobody pays us to do any of this, we have to fork out of our own pocket and it is compulsory.

I'll give you an example and lets see what you make of it.

Offshore oil worker has to have done a survival course just to fly in the chopper.
3 day course every 2 yrs, no pay and the course costs 2.5k

CCSNG safety passport card.
2 day course every 3 yrs, no pay and the course costs 200 quid.

These 2 are mandatory otherwise you don't work.

On top of this, depending on your discipline, you will have your competency certificates.
eg. N2 pump operator.
2 day course, lifetime cert, no pay and the course cost 3k

That's just an example of what's required, One discipline only, just to go to work.

I think a lot of people who are perhaps retired and not been in the workforce for some time have absolutely no idea what it's like these days and the hoops everyone has to jump through just to make a living.

All of this has emanated out of Brussels.
Oh, and lets not forget the working time directive, which essentially limits the amount of time you are allowed to work.
Ever higher cost outlay coupled with diminishing returns.

More than £20 billion was wiped off the FTSE 100 this morning as investors took fright that Britain may be hurtling towards the EU exit door.

The pound also fell sharply and — in an extraordinary development — investors were so desperate for a safe haven for their money that 10-year bonds in Germany turned negative for the first time ever. The negative yield means that people are in effect paying to lend money to the German government for a full decade.

Irrespective of what we all think, this is the market talking.

Replies on a postcard please do tell us what you think! :|

fwiw In my summary,

1. Pretty much unanimous selloff on UK assets. This is just a small indication of what's around the corner
  2. Capital flight to safety, sell the £ (UK) buy the EU (German bonds)
  3. There will be no reason to invest in the UK, hot capital flows will accelerate. Any new investment will locate to Europe where there is preferential market access, higher disposable incomes
  4. Existing international businesses like the banks will also start re-locating offices and staff to Europe
  5. Fall in economic activity coupled with capital flight will simply exasperate down turn in the UK
  6. Jobs will be lost in 100,000s of thousands literally. If it stops at 3m will be ok. I would hazard a bet it will exceed 3m +
  7. Wages will fall
  8. Social strife will rise
  9. Anti-social behaviour will rise
  10. People will want someone to blame.
  11. Tories will get ripped to shreds.
  12. Labour or Liberals may get in. Corbyn the high probability bet may get elected.

Scare mongering some of you say??? £20bn lost in one day just for starters. Value of UK company stock just lost a dollop of dosh in one day and some of you talk about saving 10bn in a year. :eek:

Who thinks or believes pension funds would do well after Brexit? Anyone?

I have a friend at work who shares some of your thoughts. He simply wants to Brexit because he can and he wants to shake up the establishment and just to give EU bureaucrats a little jolt.

I was thinking he'll be sending more of a thunderbolt up his own ar5e, but I could be wrong. :cheesy:

Scaremongering you say??? I think that's enough guys, coz u lot a scaring the sh1ts out of me. :)

Can you kindly stop and simply vote IN please. Errrmmm pretty please. (y)

Hong Kong Hedge Fund

With a Britain vote out of the European Zone.

We will be long FTSE index market’s.

And short certain European Index markets.
Which will see funding cut’s
Spain and Portugal which offer nothing to the global economy.

The Asian trade deals with the European Union will be null and void with a British exit.
This will allow Britain to negotiate trades deals in Asia on its own.
European Union market has failed with deal’s to Indonesia and Vietnam, both these markets offer more growth than the whole European Union going forward.
We also see deals with South America, Australia and New Zealand, more areas where the Euro zone has failed.
This market’s have wanted trade with Britain but been stopped by the Euro Zone.

Britain has never been allowed to discuss trade or tariffs with these market’s before because of the trade deals where only discussed through the Euro Zone.
The only main concern is the time it will take Britain to put these deal’s together.

Hong Kong Hedge Fund

With a Britain vote out of the European Zone.

We will be long FTSE index market’s.

And short certain European Index markets.
Which will see funding cut’s
Spain and Portugal which offer nothing to the global economy.

The Asian trade deals with the European Union will be null and void with a British exit.
This will allow Britain to negotiate trades deals in Asia on its own.
European Union market has failed with deal’s to Indonesia and Vietnam, both these markets offer more growth than the whole European Union going forward.
We also see deals with South America, Australia and New Zealand, more areas where the Euro zone has failed.
This market’s have wanted trade with Britain but been stopped by the Euro Zone.

Britain has never been allowed to discuss trade or tariffs with these market’s before because of the trade deals where only discussed through the Euro Zone.
The only main concern is the time it will take Britain to put these deal’s together.

:LOL:

If the fears wipe 20bn in one day, imagine what an out vote will do. 2% lost in one day.

Name and Hedge Fund reference would be appreciated so people know who to avoid.

Can we stop the scaremongering plz (y)

Well if you believe in EW theory then a global downturn across all major indices has been forecast since 2014 and it has happened. Brexit will just be another point on the charts that shows either the global downturn accelerated or turned back up into a 5th and final wave before a multi- decade bear market takes hold.

As for the pound (and the Euro) that has been consistently dropping against the dollar since its July 14 cycle high and is heading for the 09 cycle low.

Could hardly blame any of that on Brexit, yet the press and the govt will state that "the market is talking" [emoji849]

If the fears wipe 20bn in one day, imagine what an out vote will do. 2% lost in one day.

Dymon on Asian Business Channel TV over 1 billion under management.

Would have never thought long FTSE

Guess they look at the other side.

cmon lad, grow a pair...be like Alessio and trade the volatility...he dreams of opportunities like this.....:LOL:

cmon lad, grow a pair...be like Alessio and trade the volatility...he dreams of opportunities like this.....:LOL:

Screen-Shot-2016-06-14-at-13.16.38.png

Yeah I know he is a trader and he doesn't care where the market goes.

Yep I know, I should grow a pair.

Yes I know, I should go crawl back under what ever rock I've appeared from.

Usual soundbites :sleep:

As one person said, I doubt we have any undecideds on this thread.

Let's see how much shelf life it has left.

BREXITERS: ‘WHAT WAS THE QUESTION AGAIN?’

Anybody watch the Jack Dee Referendum show? :LOL:

I want to move on, so will only be a reader, here, from now on but, about the payment for courses.

How big an industry has been built up around courses? They never were free. I have professional qualifications obtained before the EU was considered. I paid for all of them.

UK university degrees are paid for. Driving licenses are,too. Even the medicals required for their renewal have to be paid for.

I repeat. Everything that one is told has to analyzed. Both sides want your vote. Is their reason your reason?

I want to move on, so will only be a reader, here, from now on but, about the payment for courses.

How big an industry has been built up around courses? They never were free. I have professional qualifications obtained before the EU was considered. I paid for all of them.

UK university degrees are paid for. Driving licenses are,too. Even the medicals required for their renewal have to be paid for.

I repeat. Everything that one is told has to analyzed. Both sides want your vote. Is their reason your reason?

What you say is very true Splitlink. This is often refer red to as the service industries. It is the circular flow of income.

I have lots of certifications for my industry too. You pay money, train, get a piece of paper for passing exams which doesn't reflect one experience, skill or ability at all. Only ones ability to recall and answer questions (usually multiple question guesses) by eliminating quite a few wide off wrong answers.

Anyhow, these certificates improve ones daily rate. Daily hourly rate is pretty much some peoples weekly income or more.

It's game. You gotta be in it to win it.

Regarding our manufacturing industries or lack of, we don't produce cars, bikes or trains or anything that may require steel or aluminium these days so no need for steel.

In the future when the whole modus of transport changes there will be a great new industries and techno revolutions forming.

Where will the UK be outside of EU and any formation of new techno standards.

Don't worry guv, we'll be trading with the rest of the World. EU is going down the sink hole. REALLY?

Our visionaries and men following them with big pairs have it all in hand. Sure better be right about that.

All the best and feel free to comment. Don't let the young upstarts throw you off your step. imho Your country needs your experience and views now more than ever.

(y)

More than £20 billion was wiped off the FTSE 100 this morning as investors took fright that Britain may be hurtling towards the EU exit door.

The pound also fell sharply and — in an extraordinary development — investors were so desperate for a safe haven for their money that 10-year bonds in Germany turned negative for the first time ever. The negative yield means that people are in effect paying to lend money to the German government for a full decade.

Irrespective of what we all think, this is the market talking.

:

Not getting to another argument with you but had to respond to the few points here. The views are not unique to you I know but I believe they are not accurate, polite speak for absolute tosh.

Dax fell lately more than the FTSE, why because without Britain to sell to German Industry is weaker.

GBP fell a bit, 10 year Bunds turned negative. It is not the same trade. 10 yr Bunds turned negative due to the falls in the Dax, EU weaker without Britain and if you are in the EU the best place to park your dough is Bunds. It is not a flight from GBP to Bunds, it is from dodgy EU locations to Bunds and Dax to Bunds.

Euro fell just about the same as GBP yesterday, so that was missed from your points. Why because without Britain Euro is weaker, EU countries are weaker and ultimately when less enthusiastic members see Britain doing OK they will want out too. The biggest loser is not Britain it will be the start of the end of the Euro project and ultimately the game will be up for the Germans using an undervalued currency to export to their ''partners'' whilst lending them a few quid and insisting they live by their rules.

The last 10-15 years the biggest and only clear winner from the EU are the Germans, no wonder they don't want the game to stop and are threatening the UK. They have more at stake when the EU party stops.

That's what i said......self interest and members of the Spineless club......O'and people who's memories stopped working in 1973.

No Atilla i'm not talking 8ollocks, that is my opinion on the stay campaign...... self interest and spineless....read it twice if it hasn't sunk in.

I see they are trying to throw an increase in tax card at the debate. Osboon better start applying for an EU job because like the rest of the meps, he is useless.

I see they are trying to throw an increase in tax card at the debate. Osboon better start applying for an EU job because like the rest of the meps, he is useless.

Is there anything else negative they can say, they must be close to running out of BS by now......Ebola perhaps.....:LOL:

No Atilla i'm not talking 8ollocks, that is my opinion on the stay campaign...... self interest and spineless....read it twice if it hasn't sunk in.

Self interest I can live with. Term 'Spineless' has no bearing on anything here.

I recognise it is your opinion that's cool (y)

Not getting to another argument with you but had to respond to the few points here. The views are not unique to you I know but I believe they are not accurate, polite speak for absolute tosh.

Dax fell lately more than the FTSE, why because without Britain to sell to German Industry is weaker.

GBP fell a bit, 10 year Bunds turned negative. It is not the same trade. 10 yr Bunds turned negative due to the falls in the Dax, EU weaker without Britain and if you are in the EU the best place to park your dough is Bunds. It is not a flight from GBP to Bunds, it is from dodgy EU locations to Bunds and Dax to Bunds.

Euro fell just about the same as GBP yesterday, so that was missed from your points. Why because without Britain Euro is weaker, EU countries are weaker and ultimately when less enthusiastic members see Britain doing OK they will want out too. The biggest loser is not Britain it will be the start of the end of the Euro project and ultimately the game will be up for the Germans using an undervalued currency to export to their ''partners'' whilst lending them a few quid and insisting they live by their rules.

The last 10-15 years the biggest and only clear winner from the EU are the Germans, no wonder they don't want the game to stop and are threatening the UK. They have more at stake when the EU party stops.

Agree with you partially and yes Germans have benefited tremendously from otherwise a weaker Euro which is a basket of countries some may call a basket case.

The fact that German yields have turned negative however, is a vote of strength by the market place. Ideally you should compare this to what yields the UK would have offer to finance her debt. That'll be the real contrast.

Brexit will impact the whole global economy yes. Some will be far more impacted than others.

Better get those numbers correct.

No more happy faces or thumbs up for you my friend. :cheesy: