Boiler Room Scams

JonJo

You're being setup again. This time for an advanced fraud scam. Pay any money and it WILL be stolen from ya.

Greetings,

I desire to ask your help to be a guardian or foster parent to me and then help me out in what i want to tell you.

My name is Fillomina Williams. I am 22 years and the only daughter of Late Mr. & Mrs. Ben Collins Williams. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant here in my country Cote D'Ivoire West Africa. My Father was shut death by my uncles due to their intentions to claim all my father's wealth also my mother died when i was a baby.

After My father was shut, Before and before he died in a private hospital here in Abidjan, he secretly called me beside his sick bed and told me that he has the sum of Four Million Eight Hundred Thousand United State Dollars USD ( $4,800.000.00 ) which he deposited in a suspense account in one of the big banks here in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

He also told me that he used my name as the next of Kin when he deposited the money in the bank. He strongly advised me not to seek assistance from my uncles nor his lawyer nor any of his friend here but to seek for a foreign partner from any country who will assist me in the wise investment of the money since the money is in the bank so that i will move out from this country for my safety.

I have also vacated from my father's house for to my safety due to my uncles who has came to claim all my father's properties, and as i am writting to you now, i am currently staying in a church with one Pastor Michael who acepted me to stay in his church for the mean time after i have explained everything that happened to me and my condition of life at the moment. i want to stay here in thisch church temporary until i finds someone that will be of good help to me also I want to transfer this money out from this country and use it for investment purpose.

Because of this i am honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To serve as a guardian to me and then assist me transfer the money into your bank account.

(2) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and then settle there parmanently.

If you accept to stand as my guardian or foster parent to me, i need not to discuss any percentage with you as you have to see the whole money as yours and then assist me invest it. But if you still want a percentage, i am willing to offer you, 20 % of the total money as compensation for your assistance.

Please tell me how you feel about the percentage i offered, if is not ok by you. As soon as i receive your assurance to assist me with the proposal, i will then give you the bank contact information where my father deposited this money so that you can contact them and proceed to transfer the money into your account while i come over to stay with you parmanently after the transfer of the fund.

No matter what your decision may turn out to be,please i plead you to keep this highly secret for my safety, as i believe that those that killed my father are still after me.

Thanks and God bless you .
Best regards
Fillomina Williams

MacMillan Fine International

According to their website they've been in business for 'over 50 years'

However, their website was first bought in March 2009!

Macmillanfine.com - Macmillan Fine

What a joke!

If they call you again, ask them how this can be possible and if they give you some crap ask them what their previous website address was. Then go to Internet Archive and type in the address - this shows what websites used to look like for example you can see Amazon's from 10 years ago. I'd hazzard a guess that there will be no website......

If they say we 'didn't have a web presence before' reply that they cannot be a company that can be trusted then because that in this day and age is technically impossible.

MacMillan Fine International

According to their website they've been in business for 'over 50 years'

However, their website was first bought in March 2009!

Macmillanfine.com - Macmillan Fine

What a joke!

If they call you again, ask them how this can be possible and if they give you some crap ask them what their previous website address was. Then go to Internet Archive and type in the address - this shows what websites used to look like for example you can see Amazon's from 10 years ago. I'd hazzard a guess that there will be no website......

If they say we 'didn't have a web presence before' reply that they cannot be a company that can be trusted then because that in this day and age is technically impossible.

Here is the history of this scam company, I am positive that Macmillanfine.com will not show up on archive.org but you can check them out at morganfinch.net, mitchellfinch.com, or macmillanfine.com - they have changed names 3 times in a couple of years. Everytime any official financial regulatory body puts them on a list of non-authorized brokers, they switch names. But they do not even bother to switch the site!

Anyone who sends money to this "company" is kissing it goodbye forever!

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it probibly is a duck.
If it looks to good to be true ?
It probibly is.

What I also love about the scammers sites is that if you read them they actually tell you NOTHING.

Just plenty of lies saying crap like 'we value our customers' and 'we employ the strictest of ethics'

Corporate propaganda whether the company is legit or not is so crappy these days.

If anyone needs specific help I would be glad to explain it clearly.

What I also love about the scammers sites is that if you read them they actually tell you NOTHING.

Just plenty of lies saying crap like 'we value our customers' and 'we employ the strictest of ethics'

Corporate propaganda whether the company is legit or not is so crappy these days.

Yep... Huge offices, International Advisors, Professional Staff, 500 years experience!!! ... blah.. blah.. blah!! Always the same story with these guys.

I actually took a step back. I have a company that is still in its start-up phase and I have to speak to new investors the same as anybody. With some people, no matter what I say, they are going to call me a scammer because of what they hear. That's the worst part, these guys use the same techniques as anyone raising legit capital so it hurts the people they scam and takes away good opportunities as well. I started out using automated systems, secretary, etc. but I have just gone back to me and a regular phone line! I figure, if you are calling, you want to speak to someone that can answer your question, not get a run around with a secretary, voice mails and presentation.

The sad fact is, more people would rather invest in something that looks good on the surface rather than something that makes good business sense:rolleyes:

I do empathize though, most of these companies offer legit stocks (as far as they are legal - Reg. S/D/144) so to the average investor it looks promising. Rule 144 can be confusing and most people will never understand it correctly. Nobody explains the lack of volume and the dilution that will occur to drive the stock down to par-value!

Nobody explains the lack of volume and the dilution that will occur to drive the stock down to par-value!

The secret to learning about any financial product is what they DON'T TELL YOU.

Go into any high st bank and pick up a leaflet on their mortgages. Plenty of happy smiling faces, easy to read prose, lots of 'advantages' etc. But very little if any of the disadvantages.

Sadly, most people rely on these types of leaflets for their research which will take in all of about 5 mins.

Is it any wonder that the banks make so much money on their retail products when they're selling what are often complex products to the financially illiterare.

Note that 'financially illiterare' does not mean you're either stupid or uneducated. It just means you haven't really got a clue what you're buying and you put far too much trust in the person selling it.

About 10 years ago I got caught out buying some Critical Illness insurance. The fella stated all the advantages and I signed up for about £100 a month.

It was only about 2 years later when I read how expensive and often useless this product was that I cancelled.

So who was to blame for this?

100% me, because I did NO research and so in effect bought the product blind. After that I never made the same mistake and now if I want to buy a product I look mainly at the disadvantages.

research really is the key everyone and now with the internet, the greatest research tool ever invented, we all have NO EXCUSES.

If you get ripped off, as I did, then look hard in the mirror.........

Last edited:
Here's some typical corporate crap from a website, can you guess who the company is -

"Clients know that XXXXXXXXXXXXXX has a personal interest in maintaining the unblemished record of value, fair-dealing, and high ethical standards that has always been the firm's hallmark."

when they called you, you should tell em "your company is actually had better deal than them" ask them if he/she is interested, turn around the situation and pursue him/her buy something..! :LOL:

Hey give me £1000 and I will make you £10,000 by the end of the week.
more info at www.pie/inthe/sky/traders.org

Yes sir we do this every week, that is why im stuck on the phone talking to you in the attempt on making you ritch sir.

Is that ture ?

Yes sir.

So why dont you do this and then you will not need to work ?

Hooo I why did not think of that, probibly becasue Im only 12yrs and have no money to invest yet , but when I get my pocket money I will be investing in this.

from K.Oppong

FROM THE DESK OF
MR. K.O.BAAH.
BRANCH MANAGER
INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK
KUMASI BRANCH GHANA.

Hello Dear,

My name is K.O.Baah, I am the branch manager of the International Commercial Bank (ICB) Kumasi branch Ghana. I got your information during my search through the Internet. I am 45 years of age and married with 3 lovely kids. It may interest you to hear that I am a Man of peace and I don't want problem, but I do not know how you will feel about this because you may have double mind. But I am telling you that this is real and you are not going to regret after doing this transaction with me. I only hope that we can assist each other. But if you don't want this business offer kindly forget it and I will not contact you again.
I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of us, as the regional manager of the International Commercial Bank; it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city (Accra-Ghana) at the end of each year. On the course of the last year 2008 year report, I discovered that my branch in which I am the manager made three million, seven hundred and fifty thousand dollar [$3, 750.000.00] which my head office is not aware of it and will never be aware of. I have since then place this fund on what we call SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without any beneficiary.
As an official of the bank I cannot be directly connected to this fund, so this informed me of contacting you for us to work, so that you can assist and receive this fund into your bank account for us to SHARE. MeanWhile you will have 35% of the total fund, Note there are practically no risk involved, it will be bank to bank transfer, all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of this fund who made the deposit with our branch so that my Head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account.
If you accept this offer to work with me, I will appreciate it very much. As soon as I receive your response, I will give you details on how we can achieve it [email protected]

Best Regards,
Mr. K.Oppong Baah

Some good news from Bloomberg

Police Warn of Increase in Boiler Rooms as Four Face Sentences
2009-04-24 00:01:00.0 GMT

By Caroline Binham
April 24 (Bloomberg) -- Boiler-room scams, where investors are targeted by phony stockbrokers pressuring them to buy worthless shares, are rising in the U.K., with more than 5,000 victims coming forward annually, the City of London Police said.

The financial crisis means more people are taken in by the schemes, Detective Chief Superintendent Steve Head said. The scams defraud Britons out of at least 300 million pounds ($436 million) a year, according to Britain’s financial regulator.

In the latest crackdown, four defendants will be sentenced in a London court today for what police describe as one of the biggest boiler rooms prosecuted in the U.K. The men cold-called investors to pressure them to buy shares in Pantera Oil & Gas, now called Artemis Energy, falsely claiming that it would soon publicly trade shares on London’s Alternative Investment Market.

Boiler rooms are “one of our biggest threats, and one of our priority areas,” Head told journalists. “There are a series of tactics but they can be summed up by there being cold-calling, and high pressure to buy shares that are essentially worthless.”

The defendants in today’s case ran a company called Blackwell Capital Group, which claimed to be in London and was in fact in Barcelona, police said. Artemis Energy isn’t accused of wrongdoing.

Money-Laundering Conviction

Claude Greaves, 51, described by police as the “puppet-master” of the boiler room, was found guilty in March by a juryof money-laundering and breaches of the Financial Services and Markets Act, carrying a maximum two-year sentence. He was found not guilty on the charge of conspiracy to defraud. Greaves already served time in prison for tax fraud in an unrelated case, police said.

Henrik Botcher, 37; Fraser Jenkins, 28; and Roozbeh Yazdanian, 38, face a maximum of two years each for money-laundering and selling shares when unregulated. They pleaded guilty to the offenses.

Mike Brunskill, the lawyer for Jenkins, said his client’s not-guilty plea to a fraud charge was accepted by prosecutors and now he only faces sentencing for “breaching aspects of the Financial Services and Markets Act without acting dishonestly.”

The Financial Services Authority “is very used to dealing with these issues and generally administer a fine for this sort of activity,” Brunskill, a lawyer at Pannone LLP in Manchester, said in an e-mailed statement.

A message left with Bark & Co Solicitors, which is advising Greaves, wasn’t immediately returned. Irwin Mitchell, the law firm advising Botcher, declined to comment before the
sentencing. Police and the Southwark Crown Court couldn’t provide the name of Yazdanian’s lawyer.

Victims, who lost more than 2.4 million pounds, sent checks to ROK International, Greaves’ tax consulting firm in London’s Mayfair district. The money then was sent to Hong Kong, according to police.

Police say that the typical victims of the scams are often retirees who are vulnerable to sales pitches.

“You feel so ashamed and so stupid,” said a victim in a separate scam police introduced as Elizabeth Clarke, 64. She lost 500,000 pounds in a scam, she said. “Yet these people are very, very believable.”

And I thought everything was going smoothly - they bought and sold shares on my behalf and made me a lot of paper profit - then comes the sting, "before we can return your profits you need to pay the tax bill up front, we have paid it on your behalf, so you must now pay us back before we release the funds" it is only now that I realise I have been scammed. The companies concerned our Stanley Equity (with a UK office) and Chartwell Financial

Boiler rooms in Barcelona

Hi everybody i have been contacted by this guy from Macmillanfine consultants and advisers about exchanging my shares in rylp for shares in AHM .They have aledgedly offices in Barcelona also a web site by the name of macmillanfine.com

Hi there,
If you have the addrss in Barcelona send it to me and I will visit it and even take a photo. I have lived in Barcelona for a couple of years now. Same goes for anyone else who needs something checking out in Barcelona.
Glad to help where I can, and let´s get the *******s. I have aleady reported one and got their website shut down they were Chesterfield Union Bank, pure BS and a copied website from a real bank.

I'd bet the address is a Mail drop.

These guys are not stupid, they don't want somebody they've fleeced for everything turning up on their door with a gun or machette.

As for closing a website down, well done. But I think the next day another one will have appeared with a different name. And why not, ALL the names are fake so it's not as if they have to register a new company.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Peter Moore, working in one of the prime bank in my country of residence.
We want to transfer to overseas account ($17,000.000.00 USD) seventeen million United States Dollars) , I want to ask you, If you are not capable to quietly look for a reliable and honest person who will be capable and fit to provide either an existing bank account or to set up a new Bank a/c immediately to receive this money, even an empty a/c can serve to receive this money, as long as you will remain honest to me till the end for this important business trusting in you and believing in God that you will never let me down either now or in future.

I work with the Auditing Department of one of the Prime bank in my country of residence, during the course of our auditing, I discovered a floating fund in an account opened in the bank in 1999 and since 2003 nobody has operated on this account again, after going through some old files in the records I discovered that the owner of the account died without a [Heir/WILL] hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing.

The owner of this account is a foreigner, a great industrialist and he died since 2003.No other person knows about this account or anything concerning it, the account has no beneficiary.

We will start the first transfer with Six million [$6,000.000] upon successful transaction without any disappoint from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining rest amount to your account. The total amount involve is seventeen million United States Dollars only [$17,000.000.00].

I want to first transfer $6,000.000.00 [Six million United States Dollar] from this money into a safe foreigners account abroad before the rest. But I don't know any foreigner, I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money cannot be approved to a local person here, without valid International foreign passport, but can only be approved to any foreigner with valid international passport or drivers license and foreign a/c because the money is in US dollars and the former owner of the a/c is a foreigner too, and the money can only be approved into a foreign a/c.

I want us to meet face to face to build confidence and to sign a binding agreement that will bind us together immediately after the first transfer before we fly to your country for withdrawal, sharing and investments.

I need your full co-operation to make this work out fine because the management is ready to approve this payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this account, which I will give to you upon your positive response and once I am convinced that you are capable and will meet up with instruction of a key bank official who is deeply involved with me in this business. I need your strong assurance that you will never, never let me down.

At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 35% of the total amount, 60% will be for me, while 5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of transferring.

I look forward to your earliest reply through my email address for more information ([email protected])

Thanks and God bless

Yours truly,
Peter Moore.
[email protected]

LOLED at this one.

Greetings,

I know you would be surprised to read from someone relatively unknown to you before. My name is SGT. Larry Downs, a member of the U.S. ARMY USARPAC Medical Team, which was deployed to Iraq in the beginning of the war in Iraq.

I would like to share some highly personal classified information about my
personal experience and role which I played in the pursuit of my career serving under the U.S 1st Armored which was
at the fore-front of the war in Iraq.

Though, I would like to hold back certain information for security reasons for now until you have find the time to visit the BBC website stated below to enable you have insight as to what I'm intending to share with you, Believing that it would be of your desired interest one-way or the other, BBC NEWS | Middle East | Stash of money found in Baghdad

Also, could you get back to me having visiting the above website to enable us discuss in a more clarifying manner to the best of your understanding. I must say that I'm very uncomfortable sending this message to you without knowing truly if you would misconstrue the importance and decides to go public. In this regards, I will not hold back to say that the essence of this message is strictly for mutual benefit of you and I and nothing more.

I will be vivid and coherent in my next message in this regards, meanwhile,
could you send me a mail via my private e-mail address:([email protected]) confirming you have visited the site and we can partner in the project i have .

Thanks,

Best Regards

SGT. Larry Downs
[email protected]

typical..

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am sorry for contacting you through this medium without a previous notice; I had to use the e-mail because it is an easier way of making contact with people around the world. My name is Barrister Hassan Bin Ahmed, a Senior Advocate and legal consultant; I had a client, and a contractor who is now deceased. My client lost his life alongside his wife and only child in (Beirut-bound charter jet) plane crash on the 25th December 2003.
Prior to the Death of my Late Client, He secured a contract of US$13,500,000..00 million from the Kingdom of Bahrain, following which was successfully executed the contract, but the balance of S$13,500,000.00 Million contract payment was in the Process of being transferred into his Account which he submitted to the Bahrain Government before he lost his life in the plane crash.
Three Months after his sudden death, the Government effected the transfer of the balance of his Contract Funds into the account that my deceased Client has on his file with the Government. As his consultant and personal lawyer, I have been officially notified and instructed by the bank where the money is currently deposited that I should provide and forward the particulars of my deceased client's next of kin so that the funds in his account can be remitted into his Next of Kin's account.
However, as his personal lawyer and close confidant, I want you to know that my late Client died intestate, i.e. he died without leaving a Will and d all my efforts to locate any of his relatives whom I can present to the Bank has proved abortive.

Therefore I am seeking for your consent to present you as the relative/next of kin and subsequently the beneficiary of the fund so that the proceed of this account valued at US$13, 500,000.00 million can be paid to you based on as the next of kin.

I contacted you for two reasons. As his legal consultant I have been officially notified and instructed by the bank to provide and forward the particulars of the deceased next of kin so that the funds in his account can be remitted into his Next of Kin's account in accordance with the Laws here.
If you find yourself able to work with me, contact me immediately, if you give me positive signals, I will initiate this process towards a conclusion. I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail. ([email protected])
I wait to hear from you.

Yours Faithfully,

Barrister Hassan Bin Ahmed Esq.

re ATSSPECIALISTS.

[F][/FONT]
Like you, I am also an ATS Specialists share holder - still not sure whether I am in a scam or on to a good thing.

Been with Oxbridge for a year now, and they seem to operate professionally.

Have checked out ATS Specialists best I can as well; some of the companies they list as their clients do in turn name ATS as their representative/partner and the "big names" joins their Advisory Board also have a history one can find on the web.

Anyone have any solid proof one way or another?

Hi I have no solid proof as such, except they no longer answer the phone or emails.And that the company stopped trading in 2006. THE SCUM BAGS HAVE RUN OFF WITH THE "SHARE HOLDERS"MONEY.
The Website is still up and running no doubt to fool the unsuspecting people they are still touting shares to. I wish I had checked them out on T2W before my husband bought shares. If you do find anything on them do post it on T2W ......scorpio

Yes, they're thieves and scammers plus low-life scum for good measure.

They'll be using the advance fee scam - promise people big money but first they have to pay a 'bond' or some 'release fee' etc. Pay that and a) it will be stolen from you and b) the big money will susrprise surprise never happen.

You've ALL been warned.

I am writing to you because I have just read the blogs on subject scam, of which I almost became a victim. Some 12 years ago I was a gullable victim whereby I purchased shares, swapped shares and dished out lots of money, never to be seen again.

This week I was contacted by phone from a certain Allen Jones from New Asia Business Consultants Ltd with an address in Tokyo. They said I still held shares in Arc Communications and they had a client that would buy them. They sent me documentation by e-mail which I filled out and signed. Then he called again and said my shares are class B and to change them to class A another company would contact me. That turned out to be an invoice for USD$3,520.00 from United Success Financial Ltd. in Hong Kong. I got suspicious and did a google search for "New Asia Business Consultants". This resulted in a blog from Trade2Win that announced the scam. Obviously I did not pay, but I am angry at myself for almost falling for it again and for the fact that I had already e-mailed them my bank account information.

Today I did the same google search and there are two more blogs from your site.

Here is more information on these fake companies:

NABC Ltd., 32nd fllor, St. Luke's Tower, 8-1 Akashi-Cho, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-8518, Website: NABC, e-mail: [email protected]

USF Ltd., Flat H, 13/F, Blk4, Kwun Tong Ind. Ctr., 436 Kwun Tong Rd., Kowloon, Hong Kong, Website: http://www.usf-online.com, e-mail: [email protected]

Smith & White Transfer Agents Ltd., Website: Smith & White

Hopefully the right law institution will take notice of this scam and do something about it. You are welcome to publish this message and to forward it to institutions you deem should know about it.

Novaro

This is what the thread is all about - helping people such as yourself. Glad you had the intelligence to use the internet.

The internet is the number 1 tool to use for defeating these scammers like "New Asia Business Consultants Ltd".

If the guy calls you again tell him that he is nothing but a low-life thief and should be ashamed of what he does for a living. Also, ask him if his parents know they've raised scum. Don't hold back, because he was only too willing to con you.