Boiler Room Scams

Does anyone have any history on a Company named CTL Digital Uk Limted, previously known as CLAIMTRACKER Ltd., i understand that these have a very chequered history and maybe have some Boilefr room involvement.

Any comments

If your unsure or cannot find any credible information regarding the company/s then simply do not trade with them.

Unless of course the deal is too good to be true, wouldn't want to miss a grand opportunity.

We have been scammed of alot of money through Priority venture mgmt They offered to buy our shares in Angelciti Entertainment at a very good price at first we thought it was a scam and we let them know we were suspicious, unfortunatly they managed to convince us they were genuine by giving us the telephone number of a stock regulator in America and also the telephone number of someone who had supposedly received their payment.We know other people have been scammed also, and we are anxious to know if any progress has been made in bringing them to justice

I wondered if my message went through,does anyone have any more information about priority venture mgmt and to how things are going with regards to them maybe been caught, I know their phone number still rings and their emails appear to go through but of course they ignore you when you email .

Sorry bud, think you've been had.

People all the time are being stung and unfortunatley always will until people stop looking for that 'hidden' opportunity or that 'secret formula' that no one else seems to know about other than you and the other 'special' broker you are speaking with.

Advice: albeit obvious. Do not give your money to any one or any company/firm unless it is backed up by governing bodies. NOT phone numbers to their mates who will claim something they are not.

There are plenty of int/national firms and bodies out there to confirm if these people are trading legally and legitamitely.

If in doubt, go without.

Try links for size of where you may be at this moment in time with your 'investment'.

Warning against Priority Venture Management - Finansinspektionen

The Great British Shares Swindle

Television programme on BBC2 this evening at 7.00pm ( 7.30pm in Scotland )

Business documentary series. The Money Programme's Max Flint investigates the growing phenomenon of Boiler Room selling. This scam involves cold calling potential investors in the UK from abroad and inviting them to buy shares. They use flashy websites and paperwork to convince investors that the schemes are legitimate. But the companies are not authorised by the UK's financial regulators and investors have been swindled out of thousands of pounds.

more from BBC News here -

The great British share swindle

:!:

Last edited:
See my post over here -

The Great British Shares Swindle

Business documentary series. The Money Programme's Max Flint investigates the growing phenomenon of Boiler Room selling. This scam involves cold calling potential investors in the UK from abroad and inviting them to buy shares. They use flashy websites and paperwork to convince investors that the schemes are legitimate. But the companies are not authorised by the UK's financial regulators and investors have been swindled out of thousands of pounds.

:!:

Thanks

Keep up the good work - it's nice to know that somebody is looking out for us. If I get any of these calls I will pass them on

Thanks again - Keith

Here are a few more names for the list, all cold callers making offers of 'investments' which could not possibly lose!!

Name Claim to be based Name given

Trenheman and Schultz Barcelona Piers Foley
Sterling Montague Switzerland
Klein International Switzerland Connor Wilton
Armstrong Aquisitions USA
Blue Accent Switzerland Roger Middleton
Vertical Analysis London James Hardwicke
Crestwell Analysis USA James Light
Hoskins Investments London

I receive regular calls and it's very interesting listening to their range of crap but, as a severly damaged 'investor', I only listen for fun these days and strongly recommend people to steer well clear of any cold callers. You will lose your money. I'll keep adding to the list as more of these thieves call me and would encourage others to do the same. At least some people may be saved from losing their hard-earned.

More on Ashtonyoung.com

I've been contacted by a Mr. Adrian Deakes of Ashton Young this week trying to sell me shares in Santeon Corp,current price $2.80, best thing since Microsoft, you know the usual jargon.Anybody any experience in either of above Ashton Young or Santeon Corp.(y)

I've been contacted by a Mr. Adrian Deakes of Ashton Young this week trying to sell me shares in Santeon Corp,current price $2.80, best thing since Microsoft, you know the usual jargon.Anybody any experience in either of above Ashton Young or Santeon Corp.(y)

The shares are restricted in some way, my research on this subject has been the absolute minimum.

Check the share price out....It hasn't moved for many months meaning its not currently tradable or trading.

If you cannot find any decent credible evidence then dont buy.

If in doubt, dont take the trade.

By the way, It took me longer to write this post than it did to research this.

re ctl digital / claimtraker

Does anyone have any history on a Company named CTL Digital Uk Limted, previously known as CLAIMTRACKER Ltd., i understand that these have a very chequered history and maybe have some Boilefr room involvement.

Any comments

I know the company (they owe me money) - they made some redundancies this week, but are still trading, they have a severe cash flow problem at the moment ...

advice

Hi,
I saw your message about shares.
I was wondering you can help me out.
Im new in shares and knows nothing about it.
Last year, an agent called my mobile and pressured me to buy shares WILDJ.PK and its website is Wildwood Management Ltd. - An established international mining / exploration joint venture company.
And now, I checked the Pink Sheets | Electronic OTC Markets - Quotation, Trading Systems and there is a CEASED TRADE ORDER.
Im really worried. Do you have idea about shares or know somebody who can give me advice. I want to sell them because I really need the money. I hope you can help me out.
Cheers

The shares are restricted in some way, my research on this subject has been the absolute minimum.

Check the share price out....It hasn't moved for many months meaning its not currently tradable or trading.

If you cannot find any decent credible evidence then dont buy.

If in doubt, dont take the trade.

By the way, It took me longer to write this post than it did to research this.

Here are a few more names for the list, all cold callers making offers of 'investments' which could not possibly lose!!

Name Claim to be based Name given

Trenheman and Schultz Barcelona Piers Foley
Sterling Montague Switzerland
Klein International Switzerland Connor Wilton
Armstrong Aquisitions USA
Blue Accent Switzerland Roger Middleton
Vertical Analysis London James Hardwicke
Crestwell Analysis USA James Light
Hoskins Investments London

I receive regular calls and it's very interesting listening to their range of crap but, as a severly damaged 'investor', I only listen for fun these days and strongly recommend people to steer well clear of any cold callers. You will lose your money. I'll keep adding to the list as more of these thieves call me and would encourage others to do the same. At least some people may be saved from losing their hard-earned.

Saw this quote above on a reply a couple of pages back and thought I would dig it out to quote from the same, old as it is! Sterling Montague was on the costa del sol, another Mark Dalton outfit apparently, an age old boiler room merchant who did time for his troubles scamming pensioners back in the day about 10 or 12 years ago in the UK. Heard some of his staff here playing it large as they do on the coast, although not been to that part of town for a while. You would think these scammers would make enough at some point to quit, I guess not!:mad:

melmckenzie

Oh dear.

I'll give you what I've got but dont think you'll get away without a bashing. Dont take this personally, it's mainly for others that come and read as you have probably learnt your lesson now.

If your unsure dont touch it.
Dont buy anything or part with any money unless homework has been done.
We know about being pressurised by salepeople, hang up the phone. You dont even have to say bye. (not Buy).

Take it on board and you'll save money. Here's what I've found.

Farmington, New Mexico—April 4, 2008—Wildwood Management Corporation (4IO:Frankfurt))—announced that the company has closed its Canadian Investor Relations offices in Vancouver effective immediately. Wildwood Management will continue to conduct all business activity from their head office in Farmington, N.M and updates will be made available via press release and on the company website: Wildwood Management Ltd. - An established international mining / exploration joint venture company.
The office is located at:
120 Goldenrod Ave.,
armington, New Mexico
Office: 940-612-1481

This company has no dividend yield so your not earning anything, also the shares are suspended so they are only devaluating in time against inflation.
Market Cap is not shown due to an evaluation.(this is not good)
It would seem that the company has used your money to search for gold where theres little present.

GOOD NEWS is your shares MAY be worth more than you paid for them, they have gone up in value from $1.80 to currently held $3.05 over last 12 months due to others like you buying shares, this is evident on the volume spike correction for the stock around Nov 2007. Depends on when you bought them. Maybe around NOV 2007 was you..only you know.
Contact the firm directly to enquire direct from them what to do and how to go about it.
They'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck.

Additional regarding Wildwood Management

melmckenzie,

Just got this in me old mate:

In relation to the post above it may not be as rosey as once thought...Sorry.

The company is now Caveat Emptor, this is a title you never want to hear attached to your shares, if you dont know what this means, your just about to find out and will never forget.

Caveat Emptor means: (in latin)

Buyer Beware.

Adequate information has not been made available by the issuer of the securities. It has been labeled Caveat Emptor for at least one of the following reasons:

Questionable Promotion — The security is being promoted to the public, but adequate current information about the issuer has not been made available to the public.

Spam — The security is the subject of spam promotion having the effect of encouraging trading of the issuer's securities.

Investigation of Fraud — There is a known investigation of fraudulent activity committed by the company or insiders.

Suspension/Halt — A Regulatory Authority has halted or suspended trading for public interest concerns (i.e. not a news or earning halt).

Disruptive Corporate Actions — The security or issuer is the subject of disruptive corporate actions, such as reverse mergers or serial stocks splits and name changes without adequate current information being publicly available.

Unsolicited Quotes — The security has only been quoted on an unsolicited basis since it entered the public markets and the issuer has not made adequate current information available to the public.

That Good Luck I gave you earlier, seems you'll need it.

wildwood

Thanks Lee,
Ive seen them on the pinksheets.com website and Im really shocked when I saw the information.
Ive been emailing wildwood and no reply.
Can you tell me on what actions can I do to get my money back?Really I dont have any idea on how because I have no clue on what to do to get my money. I bought the shares last June 2006 at 0.78 cents per share.I bought 5000 shares. They were selling me more after I bought the first but I declined.
Honestly, I dont know what to do to get my money back.
I hope you can help.

melmckenzie,

Just got this in me old mate:

In relation to the post above it may not be as rosey as once thought...Sorry.

The company is now Caveat Emptor, this is a title you never want to hear attached to your shares, if you dont know what this means, your just about to find out and will never forget.

Caveat Emptor means: (in latin)

Buyer Beware.

Adequate information has not been made available by the issuer of the securities. It has been labeled Caveat Emptor for at least one of the following reasons:

Questionable Promotion — The security is being promoted to the public, but adequate current information about the issuer has not been made available to the public.

Spam — The security is the subject of spam promotion having the effect of encouraging trading of the issuer's securities.

Investigation of Fraud — There is a known investigation of fraudulent activity committed by the company or insiders.

Suspension/Halt — A Regulatory Authority has halted or suspended trading for public interest concerns (i.e. not a news or earning halt).

Disruptive Corporate Actions — The security or issuer is the subject of disruptive corporate actions, such as reverse mergers or serial stocks splits and name changes without adequate current information being publicly available.

Unsolicited Quotes — The security has only been quoted on an unsolicited basis since it entered the public markets and the issuer has not made adequate current information available to the public.

That Good Luck I gave you earlier, seems you'll need it.

melmckenzie,
In previous post you stated that you bought the shares last year, now you say June 2006.
2 and a half years ago. Getting the right information is something I pride myself on as a trader. For me to help anyone you have to give correct details. Something this simple should not be overlooked.

Care to explain so I can may be of assistance further??

So sorry, It was 2007.

[
QUOTE=Lee Shepherd;415965]melmckenzie,
In previous post you stated that you bought the shares last year, now you say June 2006.
2 and a half years ago. Getting the right information is something I pride myself on as a trader. For me to help anyone you have to give correct details. Something this simple should not be overlooked.

Care to explain so I can may be of assistance further??[/QUOTE]