Boiler Room Scams

I am new.. Give me a break

hi

I have had success and wanted to share it and I am new to this forum, the fact is i didnt see my post listed at the bottom and thought it had not worked I always copy and paste , how many times have you lost an e mail you wanted to send due to internet failure ?

How can i be a scammer ? talk about suspicious

Fact is these guys have helped if you dont beleive me or dont want to know by all means dont reply but please dont call me a scammer.

Regards

Jamie

Here's an idea.....

Why not just post the method you used and how you/they went about it and everyone can go from there.

I can understand some folks on here getting a tad sceptical about your type of posts specifically when you request that they send you their details, one way to clear that up is by taking the action as suggested above.

Cheers

GR.

I just cant get my head round this

I have logged on in the hope that some people here can benefit from my success limited but none the less success, all i was going to do was to say how they helped. They need details and have asked me for them but i was scammed by one company and so were three of my friends , this forum makes it clear how many companies are at it . I was just trying to help others. I can only speak for the one that did it to me hydrogain technologies and the loss i had AUD10,000

I was helped and I am glad, but now I am bombarded with questions of my validity with a clear coercion to get information that I have offered anyway. What is that about ?

You want help E mail this guy [email protected] and leave me out, oh by the way there was no percentage based fee, these guys were as much a victim as I was.

Jamie

If you don't want to sound dodgy, some details of what you did would clear it all up. Offering a free email address amid emotive language like 'coercion' and 'bombard' do absolutely nothing to dispel this impression.

After falling for a scam, it's common for the scammer to call back under a different name offering to make sure the money is returned. They'll pretend to be lawyers or regulators -maybe even other victims. This sounds rather similar to 'I got my money back; give me your details and I'll tell you how'. Why wouldn't anyone post details of success in public if it was above board? You should be proud.

what is the issue

I just thought I could help my spelling isnt perfect neither is my judgement either way thats not what this is about

You want help there it is, if not i could not care less

Jamie

I don't think anyone has criticised your spelling.

Just pointed out that you won't post details of what you did in public so that everyone could benefit.

You're playing a cruelly abused victim. I don't think you are. Post the details of how you got your money back and I'll laud your altruistic efforts. Otherwise I'm sorry, but it still looks like you're after a list of scam victims for less honorable purposes.

Pritish

It's hard to take these people to court because most of the time they operate through made up name companies. You should first check that the companies you've been dealing with are who they say they are and if so where are they actually located.

Also, why can't the FSA do anything if the firm you've been dealing with is authorised by them?

One tip for everyone here is if you buy shares and you pay the money to a different company's name, especially if the firm is not in the same country and the brokers say they're calling from it's a massive red flag that you're being scammed.

Of course the ultimate tip is NEVER TO DO BUSINESS WITH A) A COMPANY THAT COLD CALLS YOU AND B) BUY SHARES OR FUTURES/OPTIONS IN THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Pritish

I don't know anything about the German financial regulator but I do find it hard to believe that they don't offer customers any protection or help when there is possible fraud.

If this is the case what is the point of the regulator?

Prit

Yes, I see your problem but it is still very strange that the regulator is not helping you when clearly there is the possibility of fraud.

The trouble I think you're going to have with legal action is twofold -

1) Language. I'm sure Germany has something similar to the UK with a small claims court but unless you speak and write fluent German any claim is going to be very hard.

2) The cost of hiring a lawyer. The amount of money you have paid is what £2,140 and while on one hand that's a large amount of cash, the other suggests it's possibly too small to get a lawyer involved, maybe his/her bill would be £1k-£2k if you win (assuming the otherside doesn't pay your legal fees etc).

So to be honest I don't think there's much you can do with this case, possibly just put it down to bad luck and experience.

I'm really sorry I can't be more helpful and suggest some other strategy, perhaps some other poster can.

Good luck if you do try and go for them because I really hate these kind of scammers.

Can't find your reply!

There wasn't one. I just thought that it was funny you asking about a brokerage company operating out of Botswana. I'm sure it's a nice country and the people are great but with so many scams around in the finance world probablities would strongly suggest that doing business with them is not a good idea.

Morgan Financial Advisors

Hello together.
has anybody any news about Morgan Financial Advisors? Are they still doing their Business.
Thanks alot for your replies

ZRG Holdings

Anyone know of ZRG Holdings? Yet another US based 'company' offering a 'guaranteed' return on my Linsure shares. Looks like yet another scam. I'd appreciate any information on them. They can probably be added to the list of scammers and it would be useful to have more details.

Linsure Holdings

In case there are any others still looking for Paul Taylor of Linsure, you will probably find he has recently disappeared and so has all reference to Linsure. Their website has been 'under reconstruction' for weeks and you won't get a reply from any of their so-called offices. I've been looking at the website for Operation Archway set up by the City of London Police and would like to encourage others who have been scammed by Linsure to view the site and send details to them. I'm sure they won't act on individual cases but maybe they would act if they can see the extent of this scam. The people involved left a fairly good trail and maybe Operation Archway would be interested enough to take action to stop them if they can get enough information from the people whose lives have been ruined by these thieves.

Operation Archway

Anley,
Operation Archway is, according to what I have read, a taskforce headed by Detective Chief Superintendent Wilmot, the head of the City of London Police force's economic crime department.
It has been set up to pool resources from the FSA, Serious Fraud Office, Serious Organised Crime Agency and various branches of Government and my understanding is that they are trying to tackle the problem of international boiler room scams by working with agencies in the relevant countries. I've only seen newspaper articles and had a look at the website for City of London Police, but if they have the capacity to take down just a few of these thieving b-----ds, I would personally do whatever I could to help.

ZRG Holdings

Following my earlier posting, it looks almost certain ZRG Holdings is a scam.
One of the names being used by this scammer is 'Chris Roberts'.
Their phone number is 1+404 592 5106 and the address they use is 44 Broad Street Suite 410, Atlanta Georgia. This is almost certainly just a serviced office.
Their scam involves the usual pre payment to an escrow account for selling shares to a client looking to use them for a 'tax loss'. Maybe the IRS would be interested in checking them out.
I would suggest you put the phone down if they call with their extremely attractive offers. Its going to cost you money.

E1 Asset Management

Hi all,

I just looked around the Internet after receiving a cold call at about 8 pm from E1 in New York. Unfortunately, the guy woke me from my peaceful sleep in front of the TV, so he got pretty short shrift. But the whole thing interested me, since it was obviously some kind of scam (who tells other people how to make big money fast, if they can make it themselves?), and this became more interesting to me as I looked around:
- I am in Switzerland, and found nothing about these people being active here before. I found warnings in Jersey, Netherlands and Isle of Man.
- I invested for the first time (a lot of money) in funds early this year via a very reputable Swiss bank. Surely they would not give out any personal details?
- How did these people get my name and phone number, and know that I could be interested in investments?
- It really was E1, because the call-back number was right: 001 212 425 2670.
- It is now illegal to make advertising calls in Europe, if you opt that way. But probably difficult to do anything about it internationally.

I now wish that I had listened to this guy and played along for a couple of hours, just to save someone else having to do it. Being woken up did it for me, because I normally like to play such things out.

E1 Asset Management seems to be a reputable company too, at least apart from the boiler room forums. So why do these companies do it? Sorry, dumb, it is clear why they do it ... money.

Ciao Johnno

Ei

And I wrote back to them and said I do not agree with their methods and am going to let it go so easily.