Boiler Room Scams

Thaj

Yep, they could keep the money but they might be legit. Are they registered by the American SEC, if not then that's a big warning light.

Also, get more details on the US Senator. Personally I would call his office up in Washington (he'll have a website) and ask whoever answers the phone if he is indeed the founder.

Overall the probabilities suggest that most people involved in the pink sheets market are suspect to say the least. So proceed with the utmost caution and if they EVER ask for money off you you'll know it's a scam whatever excuse they use (and it will likely be a good one that makes sense).

One more point, try and find out where their bankers are. If in the US then good but if offshore then very bad.

e1 asset management

Got a phone call (one of two so far) from E1 Asset Management, plugging Apple stocks. A quick search throws up loads of advisories (as linked to on here) even from the Nederlands, Jersey and IoM.

Told them to get stuffed after getting an email from them and finding out who they were.

Superb sales patter though.

Loads of warnings, some quite old, on this name E1 Asset Management found on the net.

Argus Global Info.

IMPORTANT NOTICE to anyone who has had the misfortune to have invested money in/through ARGUS GLOBAL (Formerly ARGUS GLOBAL EQUITIES)
There is presently a gathering in operation,in fact it has been for a while now, but with a new zeal & determination. I have recently come across a number of big investors in the afore mentioned company-mainly in the US from what I gather -but that´s not certain.Fact is:that anyone who has had anything to do with:ARGUS GLOBAL-PHARMA HOLDING (formerly Pharma holdings inc.)-NHC-POSEIDIS-ECHO-actually the list goes on..........You should certainly make it known at the e-mail address given below as there is a rapidly growing number of responsible people who are gathering data with the express purpose of taking legal steps to right the wrongs done through lies and fraudulent misrepresentation and try to retrieve the investments that people have made over the past 8 years or so. The more people who are known to us,clearly the stronger the action will be.So far there are 85 "victims" with an investment valued at well over $4 million. There are at least 11 people I´m aware of (some of whom I´ve been in touch with already) but don´t as yet know this information, so please contact
[email protected] as soon as possible.

Afternoon all

New to this site, just wondering if there is any further update on Apex management ltd. ??

Looks like I have also been done for a large amount,

But at the moment my last trade is still running, so no crime has been done as yet ?

Trade on Palladium due to run our september.

I'd appreciate it if anybody has any information that might be of any use to myself or other people in the same situation.

But at the moment my last trade is still running, so no crime has been done as yet ?

Sorry Cardi but there never was a trade on your part everything you were told and did was a lie and a scam.

My advice is to go after their bankers, without them they wouldn't be able to be in business . So start asking the bankers (most probably in Hong Kong) why they are conducting business for scammers and thiefs.

Talking of boiler room scams, do the Brisbane based Micro Corporation still flog that "Star Trader" software, the one that featured on watchdog :rolleyes: :LOL: for about £7000 or something ridiculous?

Does any one knows this company?.. they rang me the other day, persuading me to buy shares in Apollo Resources (AOOR.OB) . Could not able to get any more details about Ashton Young (never saw their website working) http://www.ashton-young.com)

I did my own investigation to the accounts of the company, and the auditors have a qualified opinion as to whether the company can be classified as going concern.

Just wondering has any one else got similiar calls?

Regards
I have been contacted by Adam Walker of Ashton Young, He is trying to get me to buy shares in Palisades Petroleum. Their website tells you nothing about them. Have you heard any more about them?

99.9% of the time when a company calls you trying to sell you shares in a little known company usually a pink sheet (tickercode then .ob) you're being setup.

Don't say you weren't warned.............

PS. Who's to say that the companies these scammers are promoting aren't 100% legit but the money you 'invest' is never actually used to buy the shares, although you'll be told it is. Rather it's spent on the renting of penthouses, flashy motors, hookers, coke et al?

Wish I could get some people to finance my lifestyle as above, hookers and coke excluded of course :) :)

Took me about 30 seconds when I went to the AY website to find that 80% of their copy is stolen from other legit websites. http://www.ashtonyoung.com/

This is the site http://www.securitiesadvisorygroup.net/ where the copy has been stolen from. But then when I look at the site all sorts of alarm bells start ringing in my head.

Nick, why don't you ask Adam Walker for a comment on this?

Also, ask him why you should do business with a financial firm that doesn't list its address or even a telephone number on its website? Ask him if he would invest with a firm that behaves like this and if he says 'yes' ask him if he considers himself to be slightly retarded or not? If he says no, then tell him that you do (think he's retarded) and am very sorry but only deal with people who you think are sharp and switched on.

Also, ask him why you should do business with a financial firm that doesn't list its address or even a telephone number on its website? Ask him if he would invest with a firm that behaves like this and if he says 'yes' ask him if he considers himself to be slightly retarded or not? If he says no, then tell him that you do (think he's retarded) and am very sorry but only deal with people who you think are sharp and switched on.
QED . That should do it!:cheesy:

30 seconds of good detective work there anley.

To confirm anyones suspicions of ashton, below are the registration details and hosting of their site, China of all places, from a bulk hoster, not a good sign for a "secure brokerage" and guess what?, expires in december, around which time everyone begins to wonder where their money has gone.

Whois Result for ashtonyoung.com @ whois.enom.com
Registrant
Name MetalDragons
Person Luo Chun
Email [email protected]
Phone +86.07562287770
Address Unit 907,North Tower
Address New World Times Centre
Address Guangzhou, GUANGDONG 555555
Country CN
CountryCode CN
Domain
Comment Visit AboutUs.org for more information about ashtonyoung.com
Comment <a href="http://www.aboutus.org/ashtonyoung.com">AboutUs: ashtonyoung.com</a>
Name ashtonyoung.com
NameServer ns1.datacities.com
NameServer ns2.datacities.com
NameServer ns3.datacities.com
CreatedDate 19 Sep 2006 23:50:24
ExpiresDate 19 Sep 2007 23:50:24
Status clientTransferProhibited
AdminContact
Name MetalDragons
Person Luo Chun
Email [email protected]
Phone +86.07562287770
Country CN
CountryCode CN
TechContact
Name MetalDragons
Person Luo Chun
Email [email protected]
Phone +86.07562287770
Country CN
CountryCode CN

Hi shez and giles I am another that has been scammed by vitol capital and intenx they got me for 30k. I am looking into universal trading and its location in china. I think some of thes guys live in Australia I have a mobile number that I am chasing up. Can anyone out there help with info on these guys :devilish:
I can help I worked there .. you are wrong about the above e mail me

The previous post of mine just displays the hosting and domain, which is rarely done in the same country as these people are or purporting to be from. Most of the scam artists are usually located in one of the following,

Spain (barcelona, madrid, marbella, malaga, malaga province)
Thailand (bangkok, phuket, pattaya, chang mai)
Laos
Philippines (where notstupid is from) usually manilla
Holland (amsterdam, rotterdam)
Indonesia (jakarta)
Malaysia (kuala Lumpur)
Costa rica (san pedro, san jose, escazu)

Basically anywhere that a bunch of misfits and losers wearing suits can just about appear to integrate into society in a suit amongst other expats, do coke and hookers daily to forget their sad daily grind and forget the fact they are just theives who cant even face their victims, and that the local government dont really care and have a not on your own doorstep policy.

Rarely has anyone been caught directly through domain hosting details, but it goes along way to showing exactly who is a scam and who isnt. The scam merchants are usually so tight and predictable that they only spend 10 bucks to set up for a year, instead of 90 bucks for 10 years.

Just imagine, a business where you stand little chance of getting caught, costs 10 bucks for the website, and have a bunch of losers that work on commission only and are despensable in an instant and you dont need to pay them!

Tell us publically about your experiance notstupid, I am sure a few people would like to hear!

some facts

It may come as a surprise but quite often people that carry out these scams also scam the people that work for them, in particular ex pats . In the phillipines people that work for them are often locals that consider it just reward for the explotation of their people for many years, and the usage of cheap labour that on more than one occation the mere fact the money they scam goes to the local economy and is just a way of getting back money from people that have taken it in the first place such as retailers selling goods made by cheap labour or hotel owners that emply cheap labour or factories owners that use their cheap labour and sell their good to the western world . I must add I kind of agree with that side of it greed got the money in the first place and greed gave it back.

All said and done every person that lost money using these schemes did so by being greedy and no one can deny that.

Ex pats dont all do drugs and most dont, they dont all know its a scam and they dont all stay when they find out it is . The crime is by the people that run it not the ones making a living .

I will post some facts as and when I have time but as it is greed cost alot of people alot of money but dont forget it was greed that did it and although that in no way excuses the crime it sure as hell puts it in context.

It may come as a surprise but quite often people that carry out these scams also scam the people that work for them, in particular ex pats . In the phillipines people that work for them are often locals that consider it just reward for the explotation of their people for many years, and the usage of cheap labour that on more than one occation the mere fact the money they scam goes to the local economy and is just a way of getting back money from people that have taken it in the first place such as retailers selling goods made by cheap labour or hotel owners that emply cheap labour or factories owners that use their cheap labour and sell their good to the western world . I must add I kind of agree with that side of it greed got the money in the first place and greed gave it back.

All said and done every person that lost money using these schemes did so by being greedy and no one can deny that.

Ex pats dont all do drugs and most dont, they dont all know its a scam and they dont all stay when they find out it is . The crime is by the people that run it not the ones making a living .

I will post some facts as and when I have time but as it is greed cost alot of people alot of money but dont forget it was greed that did it and although that in no way excuses the crime it sure as hell puts it in context.

Good to see you post notstupid, you make some very valid points, I have been an expat now for some 10 years and am not into the drug scene, the statement that people working in boiler rooms dont know its a scam are few and far between, they may not be quite aware at the beginning, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work it out.

As for the justification by the locals that it goes back in to the local economy is very misguided, "ding" or Armand Pastrana as he/she is known and documented by time magazine was a Philippino, taught everything he knew by Sheridan Cox, ploughed a great deal of money into property in the USA to escape the tax man, very little of the purported hundreds of millions he gained, and allegedly still is gaining from these scams went into the local economy, similar story with John Keely of Brinton, now apparently running his bar in Singapore, all made from money stolen, filtered off shore to evade tax, laundered, then into other legitimate businesses. 100 million US is very difficult to move or use unless you launder it and how do you justify being an expat with that kind of money with no job? very difficult!

The fact that it's all driven by greed is very true, I have lost a large amount of money over the years, to start with due to greed, then due to the basic extortion and black mail by these people, but I have found ways to get some of it back, and even make off the back of these scammers in some cases, but just because somewhere is being exploited, does not really entitle one to go and do it elsewhere. "The ends justify the means" is no excuse.

Interesting debate, I am looking forward to your future posts notstupid.

Hi Looker 1 see your reply to " not stupid " I also recieved the original post from him.You have saved me the trouble of working through that one , will be interested to watch the progress.
My posts back late last year gave my sorry story re Vitol et. al.
I had picked up that our Aust. ASIC had jumped into the fray and intercepted a fair sum of the ill gotten gains deposited here in Aus. by some of the party/ies and the funds still remain frozen here in the court system I spoke with a Nancy Williams at ASIC today and she forwarded links to ASIC press releases covering some of the background to this legal morrass ( hav'nt been through them myself to date ). The short story is that ASIC somehow managed to stop transfer of funds from some of our equally gullible / greedy counterparts here in Aus. before the funds were transfered o/s and I presume that these are the funds in dispute, unforunately for the prior participants none of these funds would relate to any chance of redress.
If it is of interest to anyone I have attached ( I think ) a copy of an email from ASIC it come through without the links being active so presume copy & paste is the go.

Attachments

• ASIC.doc
    22 KB · Views: 348