Boiler Room Scams

malby2 said:
Goto www.asic.gov.au you can report this scam here. And be assured it is a scam.

By the way who did they say they were calling from?

This I would really like to know.

I was dealing with Tom ONeil at Dubaiex but worked in the Cambridge building, and Martha Lewis who worked for Cambridge Capital Trading. Both spent a great deal of time on the phone. I am glad I dont have to pay their phone bill.
The strange thing is the UK fax number. Are these people working from the UK? with a Polish bank account. All the reported sites mention Malasian banks, not Polish.! They both spoke very good english with a slight accent.
Cheers
Graham

Hi folks, I´ve been away for a few days, but looks like its been busy! I overheard a conversation a few days back in a bar in southern Spain (host to many boilerrooms and salesmen) and overheard an amazing conversation, so much so I thought I would google the person being talked about, and look what I found
http://www.pcij.org/stories/2002/pastrana.html
Now, this is an old article, but the subject was interesting, apparently, this guy is now setting up his own "exchanges" to look as real as possible, none specific were mentioned, but if it is the case, it would go a long way to explain people not being able to verify the existance of the exchanges they are dealing with.
Hopefully this will be some use to someone, it amazes me as to how far these people will go to rip us off!

Good one Looker.

Keep all these posts coming everyone especially the ones naming the boiler room firms and any fake Exchanges because then this thread will appear high up in Google (for those names) and hopefully stop people investing in the scams.

Pioneer Commodities

I have been contacted by a man named Sheldon Brown from Pioneer Commodities.
He asked me to invest guaranteeing major returns.
I sent a wire for money worth £500. He then called and said that I would need to send at least £1800 more if I was to be able to enter the market.
Has anyone got any advice or know anything about this company.
He has shown me all the company details.
The company seems legitimate. But there seems to be something suspicious about it.

Thanks

I have been contacted
you didn't contact him? No reputable financial company will cold call anyone.
guaranteeing major returns.
what a good chap, how does he do that? And supposing he can for a moment, why would he call someone he doesn't even know and let them have all this lovely cash?
I sent a wire for money worth £500. He then called and said that I would need to send at least £1800 more if I was to be able to enter the market.
he will need enough to pay for the mooring on his yacht.

He has shown me all the company details.
The company seems legitimate
.I can set up a legit company in a couple of days. Doesn't mean i will trade honestly.

Has anyone heard of pioneer commodities?
hmm exactly...

Chris

Listen to Peto.

Send the extra £1,800 at your peril. Consider the £500 already stolen from you.

Sorry to be harsh but it was sensible move to do a bit of research via this thread and so hopefully you've saved yourself some cash.

Good luck anyway.

anley said:
Chris

Listen to Peto.

Send the extra £1,800 at your peril. Consider the £500 already stolen from you.

Sorry to be harsh but it was sensible move to do a bit of research via this thread and so hopefully you've saved yourself some cash.

Good luck anyway.
Try asking him to wire back the £500 telling him you'll transfer 5k when it's back. Then change your mind. Don't send any more or you'll lose it.

Boiler Room Scam???

I found this website by searching for information on Intercap Management Group and found a thread that spoke of the exact scenario that my husband had been contacted about...Global Equity Fund blah blah blah - only we are in Canada. He did invest and now any contact numbers (which were all based in Canada) we were given are disconnected. I can not find any information about this being a scam in Canada or the US. I don't know how different the laws and regulations are between N.A. and Europe. Does anyone have any advice/information/etc. for us about this?

Hey guys
Thanks for all the on info on Cambridge Capital Trading for they were bugging me for the last 2 weeks , one guy called Shawn Branson and the another called Ron Jones. Any ID on these two would be a help.

Hello sandgra
No need to worry about Cambridge Capital Trading pestering you, they have been shut down.
If you want the full story go to http://www.abawaba.com/en/countries/UAE/209714.
Apparently they were targeting Australia & Singapore. You can bet another outfit will spring up targeting a different country. There setup was elaborate, they are very good at what they do, even if they are a mob of ********s.

Hello chrisjubber
Pioneer sounds like Cambridge reincarnated. I would recommend that you go back to page 45 & read from there

Rown

Those names will be fictitious as is almost everything about a boiler room operation.

Glad this thread helped you :cheesy:

rowntree said:
Hey guys
Thanks for all the on info on Cambridge Capital Trading for they were bugging me for the last 2 weeks , one guy called Shawn Branson and the another called Ron Jones. Any ID on these two would be a help.

Thanks Anley

I will be more vigilant the next time for now I have to try and recover some of the money I gave them.

rowntree said:
Thanks Anley

I will be more vigilant the next time for now I have to try and recover some of the money I gave them.

It's going to be hard and maybe cost lots of money. Who are they, where are they (maybe they weren't even in Dubai etc). I think your best bet initially is to contact the Dubai regulator (he had an English sounding name) that was quoted in the news articles.

Good luck

Hi Folks,
Whilst I dont know a lot about cambridge capital, I have met a "Ron Jones" who is in this business, met him a few years ago on the costa del sol, well known to adnan koshoggi (famous arms dealer and perported to be behind BCCI many years ago) Jerome, (his family name escapes me, but well known promoter of spantel shares) and frank palombo/calombo (unsure of spelling) These 4 characters were well known on the Marbella circuit in spain, often seen throwing huge amounts of money around, (presumably other peoples). Now as far as i am aware, jerome was arrested and extradited about 18 months ago to germany for fraud charges, has been seen in passing in southern spain, Frank has an enditement apparently from the US, adnan, No idea, But Ron, last known to relocate to the phillippines around september last year. Of course, there are many ron joneses around i'm sure, but this guy could often be heard telling what would appear to be rookie sales staff in bars "what we do is legal, Hell, I even use my own name!" If your ron that called you had a very smooth american accent, it could be him, In general, the haunts for these sales staff years ago, were places like "franks Corner" and the "havana" bar in Marbella, costa del sol. I havent been there now for a few years, but i would think these types still hang out in the same places, and if it is anything like the late 90's, you won't have to sit long before you hear boiler room style conversation. At the time I was there, it sounded very odd to hear, but knowing what i now know a few years on, after losing a fair amount of money to these f******, it makes me wonder if its worth a trip down there all these years later.
Happy hunting Rowntree, the australians found John Keely in Bangkok (brinton group and others) maybe you'll be lucky.

rowntree said:
Hey guys

looker1 said:
Hi Folks,
Whilst I dont know a lot about cambridge capital, I have met a "Ron Jones" who is in this business, met him a few years ago on the costa del sol, well known to adnan koshoggi (famous arms dealer and perported to be behind BCCI many years ago) Jerome, (his family name escapes me, but well known promoter of spantel shares) and frank palombo/calombo (unsure of spelling) These 4 characters were well known on the Marbella circuit in spain, often seen throwing huge amounts of money around, (presumably other peoples). Now as far as i am aware, jerome was arrested and extradited about 18 months ago to germany for fraud charges, has been seen in passing in southern spain, Frank has an enditement apparently from the US, adnan, No idea, But Ron, last known to relocate to the phillippines around september last year. Of course, there are many ron joneses around i'm sure, but this guy could often be heard telling what would appear to be rookie sales staff in bars "what we do is legal, Hell, I even use my own name!" If your ron that called you had a very smooth american accent, it could be him, In general, the haunts for these sales staff years ago, were places like "franks Corner" and the "havana" bar in Marbella, costa del sol. I havent been there now for a few years, but i would think these types still hang out in the same places, and if it is anything like the late 90's, you won't have to sit long before you hear boiler room style conversation. At the time I was there, it sounded very odd to hear, but knowing what i now know a few years on, after losing a fair amount of money to these f******, it makes me wonder if its worth a trip down there all these years later.
Happy hunting Rowntree, the australians found John Keely in Bangkok (brinton group and others) maybe you'll be lucky.

Thanks Looker1
Yes he has a very good American accent and I will definitely go hunting for him and the other guy call Shawn Branson for I dont like to be scam or taken for a ride.

Thanks

Newbridge International

Oh dear. If your message about Newbridge International and IXSV shares is correct then it seems I have spent a lot of money for nothing. IXSV is listed on Pink pages so I thought it was OK. Got any more knowledge about this one?

:eek: I was taken in too. In hindsight, the simplest check is to ignore the email addresses they give you & do a search for the various outfits who will be handling your money. If Google or Yahoo Can't find them, it's a fair bet that they are a figment of somebody's imagination. But they ARE good***.