Boiler Room Scams

I got the same speel from this Cambridge Capital Trading mob.
Does anybody know anything about them?

Rudane said:
Hello everyone,
I also have been contacted by Cambridge Capital Trading, by a chap named Richard Green. He then had Bob Dougan contact me and assist with how to fund my account.
Imagine his surprise when I told him I havnt any money. He agreed to contact me next week,as did Richard Green. In the meantime I am trying to find out as much as I can about Cambridge Capital Trading and Dubai Options Exchange.
All input welcomed

To everyone who has recently posted questions about Cambridge Capital as if it's a new subject, please go to p.48 (previous page to this one!) and you'll find what you want.
I was too tempted to ignore these posts, but I believe that no one deserves to be scammed (except if you're a scammer youself :cheesy: !)

Has anyone actually lost any money to cambridge capital trading?

***EDIT****

Scratch that.

Theres no way im dealing with these guys.

I got these details out of them..

Upon transfer of funds, they wanted me to fax the receipt to "Thomas Maguire" on 0011442081505636.

Bank account that I was to send money to:
Beneficiary Name: A I Global Resources
Beneficiary Address: 2501 Malayan Mansion
JLN. Masjid India
Wilayah Persekutan
50100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bank Account No.: 14240006390055
Name of Bank: CIMB Bank Berhad
Branch Address: Lot 112, 1st Floor
Podium Block Kompleks Dayabumi
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin
50050 Kuala LUmpur, Malaysia
Swift Code CIBBMYKL

Last edited:
After some more digging it seems that the address posted is an online resume bank.

We Request all the Candidates from Malaysia & Singapore to Contact
Mr.A O Mansoor, with regards to our services in your local language.

You can Send Resume and Photograph to him by local post at following Address

A O Mansoor,
2501 Malayan Mansion,
Jalan Masjid India,
50100 Kuala lumpur
Malaysia
Phone 03- 2694 8380
Hand Phone 016-2869155

Please Deposit RM 100 for Normal Resume and RM 300 for Confidential Resume in Following Bank Account

ABDUL GAFOOR UTHUMAN MANSOOR
Current Account Number 1408-1196982-0-55
Bumiputra Commerce Bank.

The Website Address will look like

http://www.onlineresumebank.com/yourname
Just by Spending RM 100 Per Year,

You can send a link of your "Hosted Resume" to Global Employers

thaji78 said:
To everyone who has recently posted questions about Cambridge Capital as if it's a new subject, please go to p.48 (previous page to this one!) and you'll find what you want.
I was too tempted to ignore these posts, but I believe that no one deserves to be scammed (except if you're a scammer youself :cheesy: !)

Good On you Thaji78.

These Guys are Scam artsists and the More people You can Help is Less Money the GuysMake. Keep up the Good Effort.

Here is a Repost of their Web Info.

All A SCAM. I had them Hunted Out of the The Statside Servers So they Went Home to Malaysia for their WebHosting.
A BIG RED FLAG is the fact that their financial site is not HTTPS ift is unsecured HTTP.

www.cambridgecapitatyrading.com
Cambridge Capital website is shutdown News Now Back Up
Webserver is mis configured if you hit the IP address
looks like it was hosted in Malaysia
tiger1.sshtunnelhost.com [203.121.69.241]

www.uaecfb.com
is hosted in Malaysia
Routed Via Japan and The USA
server1.efaizent.net [72.249.45.62]
efaizent.net is a domain hosting outfit out of Malaysia.
Server could be in The States

www.dubaiex.com
Routed via the same places looks like it is hosted (possibly on a hacked server in the states)
ns5.xoservers.com [67.15.206.9]
Belongs to a Domain Hosting and IT Consulting.
Got Shutdown now moved to Malaysia.
Server Update
Noiw it is hosted with the same mob that hosts the cambridge capital website.

They tried to get me Good to hear they got busted booyah, But of coarse were one gets busted another 5 will pop up do your research before transferring your hard earned dollars, and thing that sounds to good to be true probably is. buyer be ware.

For the final chapter in the saga of The World versue Cambridge Capital Trading go to albawaba.com/en/countries/UAE/209714

:rolleyes: A friend asked me to investigate Cambridge Capital as we are Market Traders. He had been telephoned on numerous occasions over a 3 week period by Ruben Goldberg of Cambridge Capital Trading promising quick returns if he invested in the Dubai Options Exchange and bought Aus $'s ($5,200 worth) in a stock coded ADM07. The stock is real but Cambridge Capital is not! It was arranged that Ruben Goldberg would telephone my friend at a given time on Friday 16/2/2007 in order to set up an account ready to purchase the stock. Ruben rang as arranged and as usual was very friendly until my friend said, "Ruben, we've done a bit of research on you and your Company and I won't be buying anything from you". With that comment Ruben Goldberg said, "Sorry I can't quite hear what you are saying as we have a bad line" (how convenient) and then said, have a nice weekend and hung up his phone. He would probably cross that contact off his list of "suckers" and move on to the next one to try and scam. Go out and hire the Vin Diesel/Ben Affleck movie "Boiler Room" & you will see a "Ruben Goldberg" in nearly every scene.

Last edited:
Yep, the boys working the phones at Cambridge Capital will be likely back at work on Monday using a different firm, but does it really matter as the firms never exist anyway.

Research is always the key and is normally the difference between those who lose money and those who are contacted but don't take the bait.

This article explains a pretty simple method for spotting these crooks -

http://www.investorprofit.com/stocks/stocks-40.html

Yes, my mother got caught out with one of these scams. No matter how hard I tried to persuade her the 'salesman' had her hooked.

The two names involved were 'Micheal Glaser' and 'Alan Aider'. A forex options scam from Costa Rica. 'Micheal Glaser' had also worked for Cambridge in Europe. He is addicted to perscription pain killers, is a serial liar and still in the business.

I investigated it. These scams tend to be mafia scams. The 'salesmen' are just employees.

The FBI have a very hard time in prosecuting. It's very difficult to get the money back. Lawyers are a waste of money.

I went on a trip to Florida to meet the 'salesman' and find out more. I was lucky as my father's family has interests in The Caymans. I was able to use my contacts there to put pressure on the company and they wired back $180,000 of the $200,000 they stole from my mother.

What can I say except use your common sense when you get a phone call promising you millions!

They have up to this morning been in contact with me to trade in Aus$. I am Australian and the news they kept telling me was accurate.
The fax number I was given to send the receipt of my deposit turns out to be UK
0011 44 2081505636 so how are they operating from Dubai, also the bank is in Poland.
Fortunately I have not invested but found it interesting as to the extent they have gone to to set this up.
The site 'Global Exchanges' found in Yahoo search lists dubaiex but when you click on their website address you are taken to Istanbul. http://www.sftc.hk/exchanges/
I was dealing with Tom Oneil and Martha Lewis. Anyway, does anyone know where to report all this to authorities? Email me sandgra1@bigpond .com Thanks, Graham

sandgra said:
They have up to this morning been in contact with me to trade in Aus$. I am Australian and the news they kept telling me was accurate.
The fax number I was given to send the receipt of my deposit turns out to be UK
0011 44 2081505636 so how are they operating from Dubai, also the bank is in Poland.
Fortunately I have not invested but found it interesting as to the extent they have gone to to set this up.
The site 'Global Exchanges' found in Yahoo search lists dubaiex but when you click on their website address you are taken to Istanbul. http://www.sftc.hk/exchanges/
I was dealing with Tom Oneil and Martha Lewis. Anyway, does anyone know where to report all this to authorities? Email me sandgra1@bigpond .com Thanks, Graham

Goto www.asic.gov.au you can report this scam here. And be assured it is a scam.

By the way who did they say they were calling from?

This I would really like to know.

Hi Everyone
Eventhough it has been reported that Cambridge has been busted they still contacted me again this morning. I am maintaining my claim that I have no luquidity at present and to contact me late next week. I am guessing they will have disappeared by then

Hello again
I forgot to mention another company that has been in contact with me with a very similar speel. This one is unleaded fuel prices in the USA.
The company is Interglobal Trading Company Ltd.
I agreed for them to send me all the paperwork needed for a transaction. Same deal as Cambridge at around $3000 AUD. Some 13 pages were faxed to me.
I did this just to get some info on them.
ASIC has listed them as an unlicenced trader and recommend not to deal with them.

So be aware

I reported them to ASIC as well.

They have called me 3 times today, 3 different people trying different tactics to try to get me to invest. The last one said that I should "Hike up my skirt, grab my balls, make a move and make some money." I told him that even if they were legitimate I wouldn't deal with a company that talked to clients like that, he then said that he would come over here and "Rip my f'ing head off", so I suggested he try, told him to "Go f himself" and hung up.

Even if these clowns were legit, who would want to deal with them?

I just got off the phone with ASIC, they have heard of these scammers and there are investigations as you know. I say hand them all over to the ones they have ripped off...