Boiler Room Scams

Chil

Scam merchants 100%.

either tell them where to go or if you want some fun play with them for the next few weeks, tell them you'e just sold a property and have lots of cash in the bank to play with, several hundred 1000 at least.

chilvs1 said:
Thanks for the reply. It echoes my thoughts but how were you able to find out when the web site was registered etc? I like the idea of wasting there time I'll see how they react if I state I want more time to think about it.

You can research a domain at whois, here is the direct link: http://www.melbourneit.com.au/cc/whois/index

just enter the websites addy, and you can get quite a bit of information.

goofygags said:
My 2nd cousin works for a current affair. I am going to put up $10,000 of my own money to track these guys down, if any one can assist in which country they are that i can start this would be appreciated

Gday mate I have a feeling that Brad Brooks is in Australia I have handed all my info over to the AFP I lost 32000.00 with these scum bags I have mobile numbers on these guys Vodaphone from Aus I have posted this before so if some one out there can help I WILL PERSONLY TEAR THIS BLOKES HEAD OFF he is a gutless wonder wont return phone calls etc

regards guys

The scam merchants are normally located in Thailand, Phillipines, Laos etc. They need lax local banking laws and regulatons to operate because one of the things they do is pay out a lot of money in cash etc. Draw large amounts of cash out of a western bank on a weekly basis and your account(s) will get flagged and people are going to start asking questions.

I wouldn't think there's a lot of point looking for them in your own country, remember you're dealing with some of the world's most sophisticated scammers, people who are making hundreds of millions a year. So why locate yourself in the country whose citizens you're ripping off and have the local plod on your tail. If it's offshore and no crime has been committed (which is very likely the case, remember they know the law and what they're doing and their customers don't) then plod won't investigate unless the fraud is for millions.

I've said it before, the only option you all have is going after the weakest link and that's the Bank of China in Hong Kong who all these scam companies seem to do business with.

anley said:
The scam merchants are normally located in Thailand, Phillipines, Laos etc. They need lax local banking laws and regulatons to operate because one of the things they do is pay out a lot of money in cash etc. Draw large amounts of cash out of a western bank on a weekly basis and your account(s) will get flagged and people are going to start asking questions.

I wouldn't think there's a lot of point looking for them in your own country, remember you're dealing with some of the world's most sophisticated scammers, people who are making hundreds of millions a year. So why locate yourself in the country whose citizens you're ripping off and have the local plod on your tail. If it's offshore and no crime has been committed (which is very likely the case, remember they know the law and what they're doing and their customers don't) then plod won't investigate unless the fraud is for millions.

I've said it before, the only option you all have is going after the weakest link and that's the Bank of China in Hong Kong who all these scam companies seem to do business with.

I already did, here was my reply:

Dear Mr Byrne

Refer to your email dated 4 October 2006, attention of parties concerned
was immediately drawn to the matter.

Hereby we recommend you to contact your remitting bank and the receiver
as well for the refund of remittance. Meanwhile, in case you believe
that a fraud has been committed on you, please be reminded to report the
case to the police the earliest. We are at all times willing and ready
to assist in whatever way we could lawfully do to facilitate their
investigation of the matter.

Hope you find the above explanatory to you.

Quality Assurance Division
Retail Banking Department
Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited

SIG Avitech Industries

Seems Like SIG have entered "the market" with their Avitech. Just for fun, "I bought" some (won't send any money though).
I will See how long they try to drag this out,
Wonder if they read this? :devilish:

byrneck said:
I already did, here was my reply:

Dear Mr Byrne

Refer to your email dated 4 October 2006, attention of parties concerned
was immediately drawn to the matter.

Hereby we recommend you to contact your remitting bank and the receiver
as well for the refund of remittance. Meanwhile, in case you believe
that a fraud has been committed on you, please be reminded to report the
case to the police the earliest. We are at all times willing and ready
to assist in whatever way we could lawfully do to facilitate their
investigation of the matter.

Hope you find the above explanatory to you.

Quality Assurance Division
Retail Banking Department
Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited

Not enough in my view, have youy written to the Chairman of the Bank, all the Directors the HK Banking regulator, the Banking Ombudsman (if they have one). Writing to some faceless person in the BoC without letting them know you're serious is a waste of time, they'll just bury it because they have no pressure on them to do anything.

Maybe even setup a website and nme and shame them then write to the Chairman and all the others telling them what you've done.

Constant pressure is the only way to go.

PS. When you write the letters make sure they're highly professional and you don't start ranting and raving.

pipped said:
I was "hunted" also by Windsor Advisory Services, closed the account with about $700 + in it and was advised (sic) that the money would take 30 days to reach my account. Be warned firm operating out of Barcelona and not regulated, any bright ideas how who I should contact. The story they gave was their clearing bank had to authorise and couldn't at the moment.....lame or what!!

I was scamed off for 40K by Windsor Advisory Services which was my total account balance after 3 months of trading through them in currency market, i feel i personally managed without their advices since i called my numbers. I was assigned a very annoying advisor whom i went against his advice in some cases and in the end i doubled my investment and i give my self credit for that

I have assigend an attorney to hunt them but nothing yet happened!

Anyone with any idea how i can retreive my money? Even if i get only half of it would be great!!!

Last edited:
http://www.cnmv.es/english/index_e.htm Is a link where you can see windsors registration in spain and many other of its incarnations. there is a whole list of companies and there registration details there, if you take the registration numbers and research them further, it should lead you to whoever put the company together initially, I was stung by millenium a few years ago now, and it is still ongoing 5 years on, but we are making progress.
Good luck!

jcb said:
I did receive my alloted share issue.
During the recent seminar Re-Mobilestream Oil Inc. I met several people who had had legends removed from shares and made a handsome profit when they sold them!
I am currently sitting on a 600% profit but I am still Hoping rather that expecting I will be applying for the legend to be removed in a couple of months(keeping my fingers crossed).
Still I apreciate any information you can supply,and likewise I will Keep you informed.
J.C.B.

Hi JCB

How did you get on? I See these shares are trading at 6c, did they do another split?

Cheers

Another question to put to the Bankers is 'why do these accounts that you service keep making massive cash withdrawals from cashpoint machines'

The reason for this is because the scammers pay out a lot of money in cash because it's untraceable (ie if they paid salaries and payoffs by wire then there's an audit trail).

Therefore almost every day they have to withdraw the maximum using ther ATM cards. In some countries notably the Far East you can withdraw thousands of pounds a day.

Surely there' something wrong there Mr Bank of China? Then go on about money laundering, possible terrorist funding and how you're going to inform the American authorities (nobody wants those goons set on them).

re the cashpoint withdrawals.

Maybe the easiest way to get your money back is to find out who's making the cash point withdrawals, follow them and then mug them.

I mean they're hardly likely to call the Police. Rather they'd just put it down as an unfortunate business expense.

To all

Having been scammed a couple of years ago I get regular calls from what I suspect/know are boiler rooms. Here are the most recent attempts.

1. Omega Equity from spain www.omega-equity.com trying to tout northern lynx (NLX) (listed on AIM). Talked to Simon Carter

2. US kapitalanlagen from germany www.uskinvestments.com claim to have FSA number: 447032 phone: 00492212712080. trying to tout advanced medical institute (AVMD) (nasdaq). I don't know how dodgy they are and haven't checked with FSA but alarm bells were ringing.

3. And today I got a call from Newbridge international (they've been on this thread before). I was speaking with Harry Summers, this time they're touting inter security holdings (IXSV). www.ixsv.net. The phone call ended abruptly after I mentioned that he wasn't the first man with a northern accent to cold call me this week, touting US shares that are about to skyrocket.

Just thought I'd let people know as I think this thread is really useful and has probably saved a lot of doing something stupid, (like buying restricted shares in an ipo of a company that will never be listed...)

An Amateur's Experience

This is an excellent thread, and "Google" picks it up in detail.

The link
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Government/Finance/Regulators/
is really useful.

I have had a few shares for years, last year I inherited a few more from my late mother, which might explain why 4 boiler rooms have been onto me in the last 6 months (some at the registrars leaking?).

Argus......, supposedly of Nevis, tried first; they sent a really glossy racing green brocheur, and made a pitch for my "green" leanings - how did they know that was an interest of mine ? Where did they get the phone number, I'm not in the book ? Fortunately I checked it all out. There seemed to be a history of being chucked out of Switzerland and a posting from the authorities in Nevis warning they were receiving complaints. The "green miracle" technology "just about to be purchased by Exxon (?!?) belonged to a company in Canada. This company seemed to own a cement works; perhaps the technology involved burning waste hydrocarbons to make fire the cement - very green !?!.

Then Oxbridge......... sent a burgundy set of details but lost interest in me fast.

Currently .........XL are mailing my special "spam" hotmail address, I gave them and phoning to ask if I've read their bumph, and a South African sounding bloke is giving me the "red hot opportunity coming up - I'll try to fit you in around my regular mega clients" routine; he claims to be working for "Lion", having left Hargreaves Lansdown (a valid regulated organisation - I've been to their offices, tucked away in a side street in Bristol).

If these crooks are prepared to waste so much time & money on me, it worries me how many people they must be conning. They are also doing untold damage to legitimate organisations with similar names.

"BOILER ROOM" Film on BBC1 @ Midnight 29oct06, make time to watch it, if you have not done so already.

"Which?" is asking for the histories of people who have been scammed in their October issue (see page 8 of the magazine); especially if you are being targetted with "regulation 'S' shares"
(??) get in touch at: [email protected]

good luck

Harry.

Last edited:
New boiler room, Blundell Oliver

Good to see some press on the subject in the UK!

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investing/article.html?in_article_id=414120&in_page_id=166&ct=5

This is a link to financial mail in the uk, where a reporter was cold called, makes amusing listening in so far as the guy doing the selling sounds like he's just left school without passing any exams, the grammer is terrible, surely that has to be a giveaway some of the time?, the evasiveness of the salesman is extensive, granted the excerpts are one sided, (ie only the salesmans voice is heard) but it sounds all to familiar to the sales pitches i have heard of late. I dont know what changed, it alwsays used to be hotshot americans and canadians calling, now it seems to be retarded brits, seems anyone can get into scamming if they persist!

Company in question is Blundell Oliver, www.blundelloliver.com Based in france apparently, (although I doubt that) had a look at the domain registration with that melbourne IT site (very helpful, whoever put that up, thanks!) and it appears to be registered to some graphics company in southern england.

Good luck to everyone out there, even if this only prevents one more victim being caught, its worth it!

iamant40 said:
what do youi know about Private Capital Marketing who operate from Spain?

To be honest, with as little information as that, not a lot, have just done what most people do and googled it, it sounds like a typical "qualifying" company, usually a bunch of low paid staff that call you up off a cold list to see if you are interested, if you are, they send you information and then a hotshot "broker" calls you. Usually, the marketing company has a different name to the "investment company" I would guess that is to limit the paper trail, or to put you off the the fact that you were called one day out of the blue, then all of a sudden, a broker calls you that seems to have known you for years!
Supply some more info if you have any, (ie website, phone number, address) and then comparisons with previous boiler room sites and companies can be made, along with address checks to see if they are just a post office box or in a real building.

Boiler Room Companies

You can add:

Argus Global Equities
and
Silverthorne & Chambers[

QUOTE=Airthrey Capital]I think it would be useful to set up a thread listing all the Boiler Room Scams that are currently in operation.

What is a boiler room?

Basically, a room full of salesmen (con men really), who are unregulated, and will cold call you to try and tempt you to part with your money and invest in some "amazing" company which will make you a millionaire. The stocks are usually unlisted and therefore difficult to sell once you have bought them. In reality they are likely to be worthless.

They tend to target people who already own shares, and will get your phone number / contact details from lists that they have bought, including shareholder lists.

More often than not, they are based overseas.

Whatever, you should NEVER deal with them, and NEVER deal with anyone who cold calls you from a company who you have never dealt with before.

I hope that this thread will be used for people to list the names of the offending companies, in order to warn others.

To start with, here is a list of those already mentioned on other threads....

Portland Ventures

Elliott Price

Edward Tate

Capital Asset Commodities

Jefferson Holt Consulting

Please feel free to add any more.....[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Anybody getting calls from a guy called Daniel Sinclare from 'Grandby Trading' regarding a ( NEW ?? ) IPO float for 'New Millenium Medical'. They are going for £3.50 Per share and are due to float on AIM in January.

Just curious ...................

Have Fun
Mick

Mgoody said:
Hi,

Anybody getting calls from a guy called Daniel Sinclare from 'Grandby Trading' regarding a ( NEW ?? ) IPO float for 'New Millenium Medical'. They are going for £3.50 Per share and are due to float on AIM in January.

Just curious ...................

Have Fun
Mick

They are listed previously elsewhere on this site, this link contains a large number of known scammers, including grandby,
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=229925&highlight=Anderson+Consultants

It happens to highlight anderson for some reason, but the list is extensive.
Stay away from grandby!