Boiler Room Scams

The Yahoo Finance link they give is fake, it's got nothing to do with Yahoo Finance, the page is made to look just like Yahoo though.

Now, this is CRITICAL.

Go look at the page - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance - FTSE, Stock Exchange, Mortgages, Loans & More

Can you work out (within 1 minute) that it's a fake site? If no, then YOU'RE AT REAL RISK FROM GETTING SCAMMED ON THE INTERNET. Not on this deal perhaps, but on something else that comes your way. Please don't discount what I say because scams are only going to get worse over the coming years.

You must always be your first line of defence and if you realise your defences aren't that good, ie cannot spot why the site above is a scam (within 1 minute) then be very very careful about doing business on the Internet in the future because you're at real risk.

Yes easy to spot.Plus yahoo web site is finance.yahoo --fake site is yahoo-finance.
Just playing him along now.Waste as much of his time as i can.
This is getting to be a little hobby now.If i save 1 person from being ripped of then it will be worth it.

Yes easy to spot.

Good, but for anyone that cannot spot within 1 minute how and why the Yahoo site is fake, then BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT HOW YOU OPERATE ON THE INTERNET AND BE EQUALLY CAREFUL ABOUT INVESTING.

The reason is simple, you're at real danger of losing money via scams...........

Please check in here on this thread if you're unsure about anything.

They do the same thing with apartment rentals, they put up pictures of a really nice apartment for a low price. They will ask for a deposit by western union, once they get it they're gone.

This company should be on here too.............iTrademarkets™ - Home

Operating out of a Unit on the Gold Coast Australia but advertise they work in SYDNEY.!!!

My friend worked for their just recently..SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM,SCAM

:clap:If somebody of you lost money with Navasota Group, Graham Walker ( special Singapore accounts) please contact me or leave a message here. Important for you!
Furthermore : Videopro financial, Vantagepro / Kentor Management

The Boiler room king Jay Lance Gotlieb, is finally going down, according to our sources.
He has ran his rooms in Spain, France, Canada,Greece, The Netherlands, with his main base in the Bahamas.
His partner Tommy Quinn was just sentenced for 25 years.
Gotlieb will earn at least that much and more.
Graves, Stanley, Peobody,
Commerce Investment Group
Fortitude
Lonbard Assets &
Hacket Stores, to name just a few.
The witnesses are lining up and the victims will finally get some satisfaction that this creep will finally stop ripping of the innocent.
Anyone who can add more info, please do.

A new website called Jay Lance Gotlieb Boilerroom king is coming out next week.
The site exposes Gotlieb,s boiler room operations, money laundering & heroin financing.
Gotlieb has been protected by the Bahamas government for years.
WATCH next week.
He is FINALLY being exposed in a public forum.
Stay tuned

I am one of Gotlieb's victims.
He is going to prison unless he never leaves his gay cop friends in the Bahamas.
His laundering partner David Kasoy is also finally going down.
Run for cover boys, the Feds are coming

Jay Lance Gotlieb hiding behind his bad laundered films is coming to an end.
David Kasoy cleaning his money, is also coming to an end.
Brave Davis buying Gotlieb's cops & judges is over.
Watch for the jatlancegotliebboilerroomking.com. premiering early next week.

I think it would be useful to set up a thread listing all the Boiler Room Scams that are currently in operation.

What is a boiler room?

Basically, a room full of salesmen (con men really), who are unregulated, and will cold call you to try and tempt you to part with your money and invest in some "amazing" company which will make you a millionaire. The stocks are usually unlisted and therefore difficult to sell once you have bought them. In reality they are likely to be worthless.

They tend to target people who already own shares, and will get your phone number / contact details from lists that they have bought, including shareholder lists.

More often than not, they are based overseas.

Whatever, you should NEVER deal with them, and NEVER deal with anyone who cold calls you from a company who you have never dealt with before.

I hope that this thread will be used for people to list the names of the offending companies, in order to warn others.

To start with, here is a list of those already mentioned on other threads....

Portland Ventures

Elliott Price

Edward Tate

Capital Asset Commodities

Jefferson Holt Consulting

Please feel free to add any more.....
Jay Lance Gotlieb A/K/A/ Johnny Bahamas

Gallery, we'll all be interested in your website, please let us know when it's live.

Be careful though, big money is involved and these boiler room scammers are real scum.

I would like to warn everyone about Eagle Summit Corp (eaglesummitcorp.com), which operates out of Cyprus, but everyone in it who called me sounded distinctly British, and have typical names like John Edwards, Daniel Harris, Charles Anthony. Usually they will ask you to invest in a real company like Dragonoil or some other listed firm in the stock market. After that, they will move your money without your permission to invest in bogus companies like Timbia Resources (Timbia.com) and Luce Energy (luceenergy.com).

All the websites I list above look like they have been made using stock photos, with the same layout and format and by the same web designer. I must say that the information that they present in the sites look very credible - until I found that the text in Timbia.com is a plagiarism of Rio Tinto's website, and Luce Energy has text copied from an American exploration firm called McMoRan. And some text in Eagle Summit is shamelessly lifted other similarly dubious looking sites like Navasota Group. You will find Navasota listed in : Global Investor Alerts - Cold-calling Alert! - Navasota Group

Eagle Summit and Navasota use the same clearing houses of Larcosa Limited and Kamelia Limited, both found in Cyprus.

Be warned and don't end up scammed by Eagle Summit Corp!

Iron, agree, they look like a bunch of scum to me.

Having said that please everyone start to use some COMMON SENSE. That being, what the hell is anyone doing 'investing' with a firm of 'brokers' in Cyprus (or sending money to a 'broker' that's offshore).

If you do however use such 'brokers' then it proves one thing - you know NOTHING about investing, therefore are there to be skimmed and scammed. In effect you only have yourself to blame because you fail to realise your limitations.

YOU'VE ALL BEEN WARNED - Stay out of things you don't understand..........

Contact Us - World Carbon

Have we seen this lot before?

Can't find much on them.

Intresting that their addresss is the same as the Stock exchange!

Personally would avoid like the Plague.

33 Throgmorton Street is a well known serviced office. That sort of thing always tells you A LOT about a company.

Also, another good rule of thumb is NEVER get involved in any company that uses the word WORLD or GLOBAL in their name, unless they are actually a massive company like BP or Citibank etc.

But a company with the words Carbon and World in their name, well, ALL their investors are going to find out the hard way about how foolish and naive they really are.

Face facts investors, and ask yourself this question -

What do you really know about Carbon trading and the Carbon market?

If you've done hundreds of hours of INDEPENDENT research then fine, you'll know what you're doing and have a good chance of making some money. But if you've got all your research from the same company that's selling you the stuff then oh deary me, what a naive fool you are, you can't even spot when you're being setup...............

Sorry to be harsh but I'm getting sick and tired of how foolish some people are. Please everyone, realise you're just cannon fodder for these sorts of companies and the sooner you understand this fact the sooner your money is going to be safe.

Please ask any questions here, we're all happy to help and if we're tough on you, you deserve it.........having said that, we will make sure you keep hold of your cash so we're not all bad are we :)

BOILER ROOM SCAM ALERT

Crawford Knight are lying to potential scam victims that they can get sell Toys R Us shares via an upcoming IPO.

There is NO Crawford Knight company. The people behind them are 100% scammers, thieves and all around lowlife scum.

PAY MONEY TO THIS SCUM AND IT WILL BE STOLEN FROM YOU.

Normal crap, company says it was founded in 1992 yet website first registered 6 months ago!

:: Crawford & Knight ::

AGAIN, IF YOU'RE CALLED BY THEM YOU'RE BEING SETUP.

Please ask any questions here. We'll help you stay safe!

Pete

What have you bought, shares or a plot of land?

If its shares then it's unlikely you'll get anything back, the scammers will have long gone and everything you were told was a lie.

If it's a plot of land then you might have a chance, depending on when you bought it, ie recently is better than 6 months ago.

Pete

What have you bought, shares or a plot of land?

If its shares then it's unlikely you'll get anything back, the scammers will have long gone and everything you were told was a lie.

If it's a plot of land then you might have a chance, depending on when you bought it, ie recently is better than 6 months ago.

Anley.
Thanks for the response. Are you speaking generically or do you have knowledge of these people (CDG) specifically?
I bought shares. I said they've gone to ground and they had, but late yesterday and today I have had two calls from them in response so they are still around, though neither response filled me with confidence. Delaying tactics are the order of the day just now as they advise me on progress of a buy-out of Astor in the next few days. Which is more BS I guess as that story continued for a few months. We'll see. Thankfully I stuck to my premise of only putting in what I could afford to lose. So no harm done and lesson learned.
Where is the recourse here? What are the official and legal channels to follow if any? Do you know?

Pete

I don't know about this 'company' but they're all the same. Cold call, hot easy money idea, pay money to a foreign account NOT in the name of the original company, that's always a big give away.

Sadly you don't really have any recourse against them because who are they and where are they? Everything you were told was a lie, names, addresses etc so you've got to find them first of all. That's why you don't really have much chance I'm afraid.

Sorry that I cannot help more but you must learn from this mistake, ie don't get involved in things you don't understant, ie investments and shares. You see, if you did understand what you were doing you'd have known within 30 seconds you were being setup to have your money stolen. Yes, I'm being hard here for your own good, to try and make sure your money stays your money. Good luck.

PS. Also realise you'll be called time and time again from these scum, all with a new hot and easy money idea. ALL OF THOSE CALLS WILL BE FROM SCAMMERS AND THIEVES - ALL OF THEM. So be wary and be on your gaurd. If in any doubt ask a question here, we might be again hard on you but we'll make sure your cash keeps safe. Note the paradox here, the scammers are nice and charming yet steal your money......Good luck.