Boiler Room Scams

Indeed..all signs of a boiler room operation apply to bestselectfinanz!
Interesting is this claim on their web-site: "Best Select Finanz is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority under FSA registration 443083"
Do the scammers take their web-sites to a new dimension?
greetz,
Will

A new scam to be aware of: A company called Best Select Finanz, they will try a soft approach first, just get you to look at their website, and will then try to sell you some 'blue chip' stock on a piggy back deal with some corporation who are investing so as to ensure you get 'maximum return'.

Their webstie - www.bestselectfinanz.com - was only set up in April this year and they are not FSA regulated. Their contact details are:

Best Select Finanz
First Floor
Chancery Lane 22
London WC2 A1LS
Telephone:0203 384 7723
E-mail: [email protected]

Client department:

Corporate Client department:

They will call from a blocked number.

Indeed..all signs of a boiler room operation apply to bestselectfinanz!
Interesting is this claim on their web-site: "Best Select Finanz is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority under FSA registration 443083"
Do the scammers take their web-sites to a new dimension?
greetz,
Will

No they are just cloning some details of a genuine firm, the FSA number quoted 443083 refers to 'Best select Finanzconsulting GmbH' authorised since 2005.

http://www.bestselectfinanz.com is a website that was registered in April 2011.

Got a yesterday from Dave west from Fisher Capital Management (in KL) about eldora Gold resources, very good talker. He even said I been watching to many movies when I was skeptical (didnt know he was referring to boiler room, for sure going to watch it now). Not sure how he was able to talk me into buying 5000, but I felt something was wrong after hanging up and checked the stock. extremely low trading on the stock and found the fsa and also some other sites confirming my thought. Glad I never transferred anything. Feel sorry for the guys getting fooled out of their hard earned money.

He tried calling again today, just lifted up the phone and set it back down again straight away.

number coming up as 0301 only
Name used: Dave West
Company: Fisher Capital Management
Beneficiary Account No
Beneficiary Account
Name
Premier Settlements Ltd
Total Amount Payable € 5,302.50 (EUR)
Beneficiary Bank HERITAGE INTERNATIONAL BANK
& TRUST LIMITED
Beneficiary Bank
Address
35, Barrack Rd,
Belize City,
Belize
Swift Code PRVTBZBS
Product Stock Eldora Gold Resources Ltd Trading Symbol ER5
No. of Shares 5,000 Price per Share € 1.05
Net Amount € 5,250.00 Commission € 52.50

Hopefully posting here can save someones hard earned money from being stolen.

th99

Watch it as chances are the scum will come back and threaten you with legal action because you had a 'verbal deal'.

Just laugh at the prick and tell him to put up or shut up, ie take legal action in the UK or stop the threats.

Also, tell him from me he's a lowlife scum thief.

The HERITAGE INTERNATIONAL BANK & TRUST LIMITED in Belize is starting to get a name for itself as a bank the scammers like to deal with.

Says a lot about the bank and the people who work there.

Anley,

I am based I Kuala Lumpur. Legal action I am not conern about still need to be fsa here to be able to do investment business.

But I was very suprised over I actually agreed, due to I normally just shoved them off with not interested. Guess he caught me of guard yesterday as i was not feeling good. But after I hang up I was like what did just happen there?????

I think it says things about the web hosting and virtual office too.

Anley,

I am based I Kuala Lumpur. Legal action I am not conern about still need to be fsa here to be able to do investment business.

But I was very suprised over I actually agreed, due to I normally just shoved them off with not interested. Guess he caught me of guard yesterday as i was not feeling good. But after I hang up I was like what did just happen there?????

I think it says things about the web hosting and virtual office too.

Report the bank details to the regulator, they may be able to do something with that information. It won't cost you anything so why not.

Got a yesterday from Dave west from Fisher Capital Management (in KL) about eldora Gold resources, very good talker. He even said I been watching to many movies when I was skeptical (didnt know he was referring to boiler room, for sure going to watch it now). Not sure how he was able to talk me into buying 5000, but I felt something was wrong after hanging up and checked the stock. extremely low trading on the stock and found the fsa and also some other sites confirming my thought. Glad I never transferred anything. Feel sorry for the guys getting fooled out of their hard earned money.

He tried calling again today, just lifted up the phone and set it back down again straight away.

Beneficiary Account No
Beneficiary Account
Name
Premier Settlements Ltd
& TRUST LIMITED
Beneficiary Bank
Address
35, Barrack Rd,
Belize City,
Belize
Swift Code PRVTBZBS

Boiler room = great film would not be suprised if they use ut as a training film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIRedOqDwE&feature=related

Get onto bank you transfered your money to get the a/c frozen play along with company so you dont alert them of your suspicions. Pretend you want to invest more money this will lull them into a false security and they may leave the money in the a/c till you can get it frozen. Tell the bank they are parttaking in advance fee scam. Do not give up hope act quickly. I sent money to Hong Kong bank and succeeded in getting it back. Be firm when you ring bank and insist on speaking to someone in authority

Kathleen, this is great advice. With luck he may get his money back and it might not be the money he sent. It may be someone else's money, but whose counting. The boiler rooms are scamming many people at any given time and most of the people being scammed don't have a clue and if they do find out, they become to embarrassed to do anything about. By freezing the accounts, you are shutting down their transfer operations for that scam and they will have to open a new account and corresponding accounts but it won't be with that bank and it is not that easy. This may save future victims, from having their money stolen. At least the future victims should question why the account details have suddenely changed and become a little suspicious enough to question if they are being scammed.

If you do nothing, you get nothing.

Re: Boiler Room Scams - Rank Group (Gaming)

I accidentally became the owner of a small holding of Rank shares.

There is currently a take over bid for Rank that has gone unconditional at the measly price of 150p.

The new Chinese extract(?) owners based in Malaysia but interested in Macau (?) have not given much indication of what they intend to do with Rank but at the moment it is business as usual and the shares are still trading at roughly the offer price.

I have been phoned by someone claiming to work for Brentwood Capital Ventures of USA (not Essex:D) who is to fax me a confidentiality agreement, to allow me to pledge my shares to their client and I should then get a better price.

Quite honestly I doubt my shares are worth the effort of the transatlantic phone call.

So what is their angle? Why should they bother with little me? - Do I smell a scam?

Harry

You're being setup for an advance fee fraud.

The scammers will tempt you with a high price for the shares but first yhou'll have to pay a 'refundable deposit' or some crap like that. Pay that money and it WILL be stolen from you, it's as simple as that.

The scammers by the way are probably the same ones that stole your money in the first place. Also, be aware that EVERYONE and EVERYONE that calls you about investments, shares, futures, options etc is a scammer. No ifs and buts, repeat no ifs and buts.

If I were you I'd be furious with the caller, I mean everything they're telling you is an outright lie, so tell them where to go.

Have nothing to do with them, they are out to steal your money with an advance fee fraud. There's hundreds of these around at the minute. Some guy posted here the other day saying hed lost 100k.

There is currently a take over bid for Rank that has gone unconditional at the measly price of 150p.

The new Chinese extract(?) owners based in Malaysia but interested in Macau (?) have not given much indication of what they intend to do with Rank but at the moment it is business as usual and the shares are still trading at roughly the offer price.

I have been phoned by someone claiming to work for Brentwood Capital Ventures of USA (not Essex:D) who is to fax me a confidentiality agreement, to allow me to pledge my shares to their client and I should then get a better price.

Quite honestly I doubt my shares are worth the effort of the transatlantic phone call.

So what is their angle? Why should they bother with little me? - Do I smell a scam?

I have been phoned by someone claiming to work for Brentwood Capital Ventures of USA (not Essex:D)

They have used a real business name and changed it slightly to lend some credibility to their claims. There is a Brentwood Venture Capital in the US. The jokers that called you only created their website in April 2011.

Beneficiary Account No
Beneficiary Account
Name
Premier Settlements Ltd
& TRUST LIMITED
Beneficiary Bank
Address
35, Barrack Rd,
Belize City,
Belize
Swift Code PRVTBZBS

This is an obvious boiler room, their website expires on 28th October , so they will no more after this time. They operate from the Plaza central area in KL. The registrant details are in London.

Everyone should be aware that another boiler room is at this same location. It is www.richmondgrant.com which has a very flashly (literarlly) website almost on a par with the extinct site www.incapacificgoldandmining.com (same stable?). Richmond grant website expires in July 2011, so only weeks to go. If you have lost money with Richmond grant contact hostgator.com with a subpoena in your hand to take the site down.

Both of these sites do not give any contact details on their websites.

By all measures these two are clearly boiler rooms.

Here are details of some other potential boiler rooms. These are:

www.martinhowardassociates.com
www.capital-commodities.com
www.financial-elite.co.uk
www.firstfinancialmanagement.com
stm-qrops.com

These all share the same geophysical location at Douglas in the Isle of Man.

If anyone has had dealings with any of these 'firms' I would be pleased to hear from you

friday76

friday,

So they actually sit in KL?

I realized it was a scam, that was why I suprised myself saying yes at the end. Think it was due I was not feeling to good that day and also just to get him of the phone. No I am not even gonna bother telling them politly no, just gonna hang up.

anyone know where to report in Malaysia? Sending the info to operation archway, even though i am not a uk citizen or live their they might have interest in their bank details still

As P Boyles says clearly a scam, fake website, fake address in NY, registered for only a year from April 2011-April 2012. They say they are in business since 1999, so why have they only registered the website for one year only? The place they are operating from is Nicosia, Cyprus. If further is required, drop a personal message (PM). Do this by right clicking on the name you want to send to.

FYI, I've just had a call from a Boiler Room operation in Florida offering me shares in an OTC company that has found a cure for breast cancer. When they asked me who I worked for, I said the FSA (a lie). They hadn't heard of them, so I told them they have a similar role to the SEC, at which point they ended the conversation.

Just a warning, as I'm sure they're targeting a lot of people in the UK.

Boiler room kingpin Jay Gotlieb is running it out of Nassau Bahamas, not Florida.

People working for boiler rooms are not 'commission whores' as you put it, they are criminals who steal money from decent people, particularly pensioners. These posts should not be deleted as they are hit number 4 in google when you search for Lonbard Asset Resources.

Lonbard Asset Resources is yet another company ran by super scam artist & boiler room king, Jay Lance Gotlieb.
He has been getting away with this for too long.
The feds are finally picking him up.
Hopefully he does big time & is forced to pay back moocho bucks.

The Boiler room king Jay Lance Gotlieb, is finally going down, according to our sources.
He has ran his rooms in Spain, France, Canada,Greece, The Netherlands, with his main base in the Bahamas.
His partner Tommy Quinn was just sentenced for 25 years.
Gotlieb will earn at least that much and more.
Graves, Stanley, Peobody,
Commerce Investment Group
Fortitude
Lonbard Assets &
Hacket Stores, to name just a few.
The witnesses are lining up and the victims will finally get some satisfaction that this creep will finally stop ripping of the innocent.
Anyone who can add more info, please do.

It isgreat to hear that these gangsters are being caught. If some of them read this forum maybe they will think again about robbing innocent people of their hard earned cash.