Boiler Room Scams

Yes, start with your local police, they can contact the country the bank is and ask the bank to freeze the account and hold an investigation.

Also remember this - EVERYONE AND ANYONE THAT CALLS YOU ABOUT INVESTMENTS IN THE FUTURE WILL BE A SCAMMER.

Repeat - EVERYONE, however good their story is and however 'easy' it will be for you to make cash. The people calling you, even if they say they're the SEC or FBI will be the same scammers that stole your cash.

If in any doubt please come to this message board as we'll give you 100% honest advice, for one simple reason - we're never going to ask you for money whereas the people calling you will ALWAYS be asking for money, perhaps not on the first few calls but it will come.............

Definately report it to the Singapore Police. They may be able to give you some advise. The Singapore Police do not have any patience with scammers and take the matter seriously. Unfortunatetly, it sounds like you were cold called out Korea (most likely Thailand). Scammers do visit Singapore bbut they get out very quickly. The laws are to harsh on them.

Yes, Singapore laws are strict,but I am still concerned if it is a good idea or not to go the the local police. I am an expatriate holding a working permit, but I am not Singaporean and the cold call come from outside the country, the money have been sent from Europe and their bank account is in a 3rd asian country, so Singapore itself is not involved in any "passage". Why should they care ?
I tried to contact an expert "finance lawyer" here, but he didn't help much and said that it is too early to do anything and that according to the documents for the moment there isn't anything illegal and there are no evidence that it is a fraud. He also said that local police most probabaly would simply register the case, but wouldn't take any action, not even towards the bank where I sent the money......
Could I call the police directly in Korea and make a mail notification ?

Yes, start with your local police, they can contact the country the bank is and ask the bank to freeze the account and hold an investigation.

Also remember this - EVERYONE AND ANYONE THAT CALLS YOU ABOUT INVESTMENTS IN THE FUTURE WILL BE A SCAMMER.

Repeat - EVERYONE, however good their story is and however 'easy' it will be for you to make cash. The people calling you, even if they say they're the SEC or FBI will be the same scammers that stole your cash.

If in any doubt please come to this message board as we'll give you 100% honest advice, for one simple reason - we're never going to ask you for money whereas the people calling you will ALWAYS be asking for money, perhaps not on the first few calls but it will come.............

Thanks for the warning. It is the 1st and the last time in my life that I believe somebody I do not personally know calling me on the phone !!
Concerning the local police, the fact is that I am not Singaporean, but only an expatriate with a 3 years working permit. The cold is from outside the country, the money have been sent directly from Europe and not from my Singaporean bamk and their bank account is in a 3rd asian country, so Singapore itself is not involved in any "passage". Why should they care ?

In all circumstances it should be reported to the police. You were cold called in Singapore but in your circumstances there may not be much they can do except warn future victims. Remember, you did not do anything wrong.

The problem with Korea, is many victims think they were called from Korea and they may not be out of Korea. The scammers may have a web tunnel built to Korea and are no where near Korea.

You mentioned that their bank account is in a 3rd asian country. That should be the country that it should be reported in. If there is any money recovered in the future, ie: a boiler room bust, you are registered with the fraudsters details and may get a percentage back. 97% of the victims never report anything and get nothing back. The money that you sent was most likey transferred out of the account within minutes after they received it.

They (Trent, shaw, fischer) are actually based in the Philippines (Makati) where they bribe the police, their IP address is in Malaysia (same IP for Shaw, Fischer,...).

Korea sounds more serious than SE Asia

The problem with Korea, is many victims think they were called from Korea and they may not be out of Korea. The scammers may have a web tunnel built to Korea and are no where near Korea.

They (Trent, shaw, fischer) are actually based in the Philippines (Makati) where they bribe the police, their IP address is in Malaysia (same IP for Shaw, Fischer,...).

Korea sounds more serious than SE Asia

Thanks for your research. I knew they had offices, more like resorts, in Malaysia, but the boiler rooms were located in another country.

Reliance Asset Management Ltd - Peter Francis III contacted us saying out ITonis shares would be paid out at $7 and that they ITonis had gone into liquidation and that ITonis had assets of 130 million that would pay out the share holders...... too good to be true. Has anybody come across Reliance Asset Management based in Japan

Reliance Asset Management Ltd - Peter Francis III contacted us saying out ITonis shares would be paid out at $7 and that they ITonis had gone into liquidation and that ITonis had assets of 130 million that would pay out the share holders...... too good to be true. Has anybody come across Reliance Asset Management based in Japan

They're lining you up to steal more money off you. Its the usual story, they'll say they're going to send you thousands but you need to pay a 'tax' or 'fee' first, as soon as they have that money they'll steal it and disappear. Forget about Reliance Asset Management being in Japan, they are just telling you that's where they are, they're just a bunch of crooks in a boiler room in Spain or the Phillipines or some other corrupt country.

hi,
I need your help as i think i have been scamed!
3 months ago I invested money through a private fund management company called interactive-trade www.interactive-trade.com ( i sent money to GATEWAY GROUP INTERNATIONAL LTD)

they made me fill up a Brokerage account application, i spoke to a compliance officer etc etc

I bought shares of BIDU, IPXL, YONG through them and everything they told me happened, I made some money. they sent me trade confirmations.
Now I want to get my investment and profit back and they are asking me to pay a 30 prct refundable fee to a bank account SECURE SOLUTIONS INTL LTD to the bank FIMbank p.l.c based in MALTA... they also asked me to fill up some forms for the US tax such as form 1042-s and W-7

does anyone knows about this company? I feel like a fool and so stupid!!!! should i forget about my money and not pay anything else? what do you think?

thanks a lot for your help

hi,
I need your help as i think i have been scamed!
3 months ago I invested money through a private fund management company called interactive-trade www.interactive-trade.com ( i sent money to GATEWAY GROUP INTERNATIONAL LTD)

they made me fill up a Brokerage account application, i spoke to a compliance officer etc etc

I bought shares of BIDU, IPXL, YONG through them and everything they told me happened, I made some money. they sent me trade confirmations.
Now I want to get my investment and profit back and they are asking me to pay a 30 prct refundable fee to a bank account SECURE SOLUTIONS INTL LTD to the bank FIMbank p.l.c based in MALTA... they also asked me to fill up some forms for the US tax such as form 1042-s and W-7

does anyone knows about this company? I feel like a fool and so stupid!!!! should i forget about my money and not pay anything else? what do you think?

thanks a lot for your help

Dont send them any more money, they will steal that as well. Since when did anyone have to pay a deposit to get their own money back? You've been scammed and theyve probably told you a pack of lies. Did you ever bother to check if they were regulated anywhere or did you just send them your money after a cold call?

Dont send them any more money, they will steal that as well. Since when did anyone have to pay a deposit to get their own money back? You've been scammed and theyve probably told you a pack of lies. Did you ever bother to check if they were regulated anywhere or did you just send them your money after a cold call?

I sent money after a F.... convincing call... I've been checking them for a couple of weeks but can not find anything exept their website... anything wrong neither on the web. Any specific place i should check?
they are telling me those 30 prct deposit are for the US to check if i own any more tax money to the usa and that they will refund everything after. I know you must think how stupid I am, i feel sick to my stomach!!!!

what should i do? go to report to police even if i live in UAE and the company is supposed to be in Hongkong? I called this interactive trade company a couple of time, always someone to picjk up the phone and ask me my account number with them...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

also on the trade confirmations and all documents they sent me there is BIB (better investment bureau) sign... http://www.betterinvestmentbureau.org/ I contacted BIB and they sent me an email saying this interactive-trade was grade A- on a scale from A+ to F etc etc... do you think they are the same persons?
i tried to do some research...

Jpoux

Sorry but you've been 100% scammed, you have been sold worthless shares and your money has been stolen and you won't get it back. Everything you've been told has been a lie, EVERYTHING.

As PB says the scammers are trying to get more money out of you by promising to return your money AFTER you've sent them more etc. Pay that money AND IT WILL BE STOLEN FROM YOU AGAIN. REPEAT - IT WILL BE STOLEN FROM YOU AGAIN.

Your best bet is to report the matter to the police and try to forget about the whole thing. Also bear in mind that EVERY CALL YOU RECEIVE IN THE FUTURE ABOUT INVESTMENTS OR 'HOT MONEY MAKING IDEAS' will be from scammers, EVERY CALL, NO EXCEPTIONS. So please be on your guard as the calls will sound tempting.

Finally, realise that this is a bad world we live in and it's up to you to research things before you buy and of course don't buy things you haven't got a clue about. You obvioulsy don't understand the stockmarket or fraud in general so if I were you I would't go near them again, unless you're willing to learn and do plenty of research into how things work and who you're really dealing with.

thanks... the worst thing is that i know all this!!! i think i m gonna throw up for being such an a..
is there a place, website, anything where i can report this so at least nobody else will get screwed by this guys?

also on the trade confirmations and all documents they sent me there is BIB (better investment bureau) sign... http://www.betterinvestmentbureau.org/ I contacted BIB and they sent me an email saying this interactive-trade was grade A- on a scale from A+ to F etc etc... do you think they are the same persons?
i tried to do some research...

It's just part of the scam, just another website they created to try to fool people. The Better Investment Bureau website ip location is in Malaysia but they pretend to be in New York. Typical boiler room scam, don't give them any more money, no matter what lies they tell you. Remember they are criminals you are trying to steal more money from you.

thanks... the worst thing is that i know all this!!! i think i m gonna throw up for being such an a..
is there a place, website, anything where i can report this so at least nobody else will get screwed by this guys?

Report all you know including the bank account details to Operation Archway in London, the UK Police's unit for looking into the scammers.

holy crap! they are good! i am stupid but they are good!!! do you think i can contact the bank i sent the money to and try something? from what i read there is no way to get the money back... have you heard of someone who managed to get it back?
I should have f... gone on holidays for a month with my money....
guys thanks a lot!

That better investment site is a classic scam site, lot's of pictures of skyscapers and if you read the text closely IT TELLS YOU ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Always 2 good signs of a scam site.

holy crap! they are good! i am stupid.

I'm being cruel to be kind here but yes you are stupid because surely you must have realised by now just how corrupt almost everybody is in finance has become over the last 20 years.

Yes, you were called by scammers, but the big banks and finance companies legally scam a lot of the time.

So this is how you learn -

1. Realise it's a bad world out there, really bad where the business plans of many companies are built around taking advantage of people who don't know much

2. 90% of finance firms are looking to take advantage of you, me, and everyone else

3. Trust is something that has to be earned over time, and it doesn't matter who you're dealing with

4. Never believe anything or anybody until you've fully researched what it is and what you're buying and if you can't do this, or don't know how, then you're going to be taken for a lot of money

5. Never forget number 1, as it bears repeating 1001 times

6. The internet is your best friend in finance and research so use it or pay the price. Imagine for example if you'd spent just 20 mins researching what you were being sold and who you were doing business with. And if you don't know how to properly use computers or the internet either learn or accept your fate, that people WILL take advantage of you.

Good luck and like I said I was being cruel to be kind.