Boiler Room Scams

Sorry for delay on update.
Much to my surprise I have had no further contact with them. After the barrage in that phone call from their legal department, & promise to phone me again for my legal details, I have heard no more. I must say that even though I knew all along that it was a scam, even though I have been in many scuffles with these types in the past, I was really rattled! I spent the entire evening going through my research again, to be honest the clincher was the messed up copied website, the only hard and fast evidence of the scam. I can certainly understand why people cave in & pay the ransom!! They are extremely intimidating and very convincing. I am also 58( going on 28!) and I have every sympathy for anyone older who gets entangled with these characters.

What amazes me is how there are so many of these people about and how they sleep at night!

My advice to anyone is simple. Either
a/ hang up immediately
b/ get a name, a company name, website, and the share they are offering, then hang up.
Don't put yourself through the stress of accepting any offer over the phone. You will know straight away that they are fakes by their reaction!
Forward this directly to the Police, either Operation Archway or your local headquarters.
I reported these guys to Kent Police and am in the process of contacting Archway.

I am sorry to say that I think the FSA is a bit slow. Contacting them is not easy, their response time is no use in a situation like this. The fact that they have this company registered with a false postcode is a basic error. The fact that they are not at the address published is scandalous. If I can find this out in moments so could they. (Admittedly there is some sculduggery involved in this case as there was a company set up by legitimate Henderson called Henderson Global Care Funds.)
May I say that I am most grateful for all your support, guys. As I said the messed up web site was the clincher to hold my ground, that and the fact that I couldn't afford to pay up!

Keep up the good work.

Kenmar,

Do you seriously think a bunch of chavs in a boiler room in Spain have a legal department? The messed up website is not the only evidence of a scam, the evidence is everywhere you look. I cant believe you were even considering sending them money because of an idle threat like that, you've been on this thread a long time and must have seen a lot of these scams come and go.

These are the sort of idiots you've been dealing with.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pilot-200-000-life-savings-guilty-fraud.html

Getting hastle from henderson global care funds who say they are FSA registered and based tunbridge wells, initially agreed to but £3360 of centamin egypt at £1.68 a share but then did some research as have been scammed before by boiler rooms but not ' FSA registered' or Uk based or FTSE quoted companies on previous occasions, got the usual bank transfer instructions re bank in dubai etc, being threatened by their legal dept Charles Brookshaw with debt collectors against my house etc but as whole thing is a cold call scam i think i can sleep at night, can they?

Getting hastle from henderson global care funds who say they are FSA registered and based tunbridge wells, initially agreed to but £3360 of centamin egypt at £1.68 a share but then did some research as have been scammed before by boiler rooms but not ' FSA registered' or Uk based or FTSE quoted companies on previous occasions, got the usual bank transfer instructions re bank in dubai etc, being threatened by their legal dept Charles Brookshaw with debt collectors against my house etc but as whole thing is a cold call scam i think i can sleep at night, can they?

Its a scam, it has been mentioned here before, I think some guy from Tunbridge Wells actually checked it out. The website is a clone of a genuine company that is FSA registered but these guys are scammers using their details. I will try to find the original posts and post the link. Whatever you do dont send them any money, they are trying to bluff you. I see you have been caught out before by boiler rooms, dont add to your losses, you are on their mugs list now.

Its just a couple of pages back in this thread. Centamin Eqypt are also being promoted by other boiler room scams including Alpha Securities (currently representing itself as Alpha Finance) who are on the FSA warning list.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams-271.html#post1336236

http://boards.fool.co.uk/alpha-finance-11741815.aspx?sort=whole

Kenmar,

Do you seriously think a bunch of chavs in a boiler room in Spain have a legal department? The messed up website is not the only evidence of a scam, the evidence is everywhere you look. I cant believe you were even considering sending them money because of an idle threat like that, you've been on this thread a long time and must have seen a lot of these scams come and go.

These are the sort of idiots you've been dealing with.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pilot-200-000-life-savings-guilty-fraud.html

I quite agree. The point I was trying to make was that if they can intimidate me( I knew I was right but still spent time to double check, & I had support from this site) then what chance does the weaker guy have, the guy less experienced with scammers, like the WW11 pilot in the article you reference.

Read post 2200 above and a few others. Tell them you have reported them to Operation Archway, & then do so. They will disappear.

Hopefully the other posts here will have made you breathe more easily, they can't do a thing other than make noise! Send the bank details to Archway and/or the FSA though, as that may provide another tracking detail to help nail this lot. I suspect that the real Henderson Group would be interested in the extra details too - their website has a contact and an alert for this batch of scams.

Sorry for delay on update.
Much to my surprise I have had no further contact with them. After the barrage in that phone call from their legal department, & promise to phone me again for my legal details, I have heard no more. I must say that even though I knew all along that it was a scam, even though I have been in many scuffles with these types in the past, I was really rattled! I spent the entire evening going through my research again, to be honest the clincher was the messed up copied website, the only hard and fast evidence of the scam. I can certainly understand why people cave in & pay the ransom!! They are extremely intimidating and very convincing. I am also 58( going on 28!) and I have every sympathy for anyone older who gets entangled with these characters.

What amazes me is how there are so many of these people about and how they sleep at night!

My advice to anyone is simple. Either
a/ hang up immediately
b/ get a name, a company name, website, and the share they are offering, then hang up.
Don't put yourself through the stress of accepting any offer over the phone. You will know straight away that they are fakes by their reaction!
Forward this directly to the Police, either Operation Archway or your local headquarters.
I reported these guys to Kent Police and am in the process of contacting Archway.

I am sorry to say that I think the FSA is a bit slow. Contacting them is not easy, their response time is no use in a situation like this. The fact that they have this company registered with a false postcode is a basic error. The fact that they are not at the address published is scandalous. If I can find this out in moments so could they. (Admittedly there is some sculduggery involved in this case as there was a company set up by legitimate Henderson called Henderson Global Care Funds.)
May I say that I am most grateful for all your support, guys. As I said the messed up web site was the clincher to hold my ground, that and the fact that I couldn't afford to pay up!

Keep up the good work.

The essence of a good scam is to make the target relaxed. The essence of avoiding being the target is to stay tense, and secretive. I find a high degree of cynicsm, and a good sense of paranoia helps wonderfully. Hanging up is the best solution, "put it in writing, I don't do anything over the phone" is the next best approach. However, sometimes, it is just plain irresistible to see how they are going to invent a new way to part us from our money, in which case be very careful!!!!

Dave S

When their 'Legal Dept' call again just laugh and say you can't wait to see them in court. Then tell them where to go AND HOW DARE THEY CALL YOU AND TRY TO STEAL YOUR MONEY.

The essence of a good scam is to make the target relaxed. The essence of avoiding being the target is to stay tense, and secretive. I find a high degree of cynicsm, and a good sense of paranoia helps wonderfully. Hanging up is the best solution, "put it in writing, I don't do anything over the phone" is the next best approach. However, sometimes, it is just plain irresistible to see how they are going to invent a new way to part us from our money, in which case be very careful!!!!

All you are doing is educating them to be better preapared next time. All the questions you throw up will go into their training so that they can answer them better next time. Like anley says just mock them and let them know you are on to them. They will soon give up calling you.

I'm a newbie from Malaysia, just would like to share this story with you guys.

This person Joe Cassey claimed himself to be senior wealth advisor from Sphinx Asia Limited, office address at 37F Taipei 101 Tower,No.7,Sec.5,Xinyi Road and website at www.sphinxasia.com has been calling me a number of times from a private number.

At first I nearly fell for it. He advised me to 'invest' in purchasing this shares in Greencell Technologies which is traded at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. He gave me quite legitimate information, with url addresses and all, but when i googled the company name Sphinx Asia, nothing came out convincing enough. Further, Malaysia is properly regulated concerning investments in the stock markets.

This morning, I turned down his offer, and he sounded unhappy. He said, ok, I'll call you again within a months when the shares are up again, and you'll see what u have missed. How unprofessional that is.

Lucky I didn't fall for it. Then I found this thread. Thanks, guys, for sharing your experiences. Now I know that I've made the right decision.

Both Sphinx and Greencell have been around for a while. It is definitely a scam and you did well to avoid it. If you search this site you should find them mentioned by others.

Rule number 1 with investing -

Stay away from ALL companies that bill themselves as 'wealth managers'.

Some are legit and will legally skim your money for all it's worth (and chances are you won't even realise it). Others are scammers who'll steal your money.

Whichever way your cash becomes their cash......

No rest for the wicked. I thought these guys would have taken the Christmas off and gone back to Salt Lake City.

To everyone else;

Merry Christmas

and Happy New Year. :clap:

Hello there new to this forum adn very interested
Here is a new one for us to avoid
Shin kong wed bush i did not see yet if it was already posted but i got screwed the worst is that they did not use the usual you will become rich in no time quotes but were extremely up to the reality promising a guaranteed 5% to 7% return. But as soonb as i was cliaming my money back then they vanish from the face of the earth. I am trying to get hold of these guys just for the sake of it.
Best regards

Hello there new to this forum adn very interested
Here is a new one for us to avoid
Shin kong wed bush i did not see yet if it was already posted but i got screwed the worst is that they did not use the usual you will become rich in no time quotes but were extremely up to the reality promising a guaranteed 5% to 7% return. But as soonb as i was cliaming my money back then they vanish from the face of the earth. I am trying to get hold of these guys just for the sake of it.
Best regards

Shin Kong Wed Bush? Are you serious?