Boiler Room Scams

How did this work out for you?

I have the shares (two certificates) and they seem to be legitimate. I'm in the process of investigating how I might, in due course, trade them. As I suspected, finding a broker who deals on the Frankfurt Open Market isn't easy - any suggestions? The only one I've been able to find so far who will both handle certificates (i.e. convert them to electronic form) and also deal in that market is Barclays, who are in the process of checking out the settlement end of things (as apparently there can be settlement problems in transactions involving some companies registered in America).

btw, I just saw a post suggesting that Viridis Technologies Inc isn't a registered company. Do you know what's behind this suggestion?

Check the Canadian version of Companies House, it is not a registered Canadian company. Personally I think you wont be able to get rid of those shares, if you do you'll be the first person I ever heard of that sold shares that they got from a boiler room. Let us know how you get on.

I've been trying to check with the government of Ontario since I saw the post, but they want $8 search fee and it's not clear if the search would cover the company as it's incorporated. Does the office to which you refer cover all businesses registered in all provinces?

In terms of trading, it's very patchy at best on the Frankfurt market and the spread has consequently widened (1.05 bid versus 1.55 ask) so I agree that, as things stand, it could be just a tad tricky...!

Hi Stefan,
I am from an Australian publishing company, Resource Information Unit, we publish the annual Register of African Mining. I am trying to find out more about Praus Trading and Mining Company- does it still exist/operate as its own entity, or has it become Ridgeback Mining Sierra Leone?

Could you please email me ([email protected]) with any information you have available?

Many thanks

Good,

It doesnt really explain anything, remember these are scammers so they are lying to you. What proof do you have that anything they say is true? I think you are believing what you want to believe and youre not really looking for the truth.

Have you ever read one case on T2W of someone who bought shares from a cold caller and DIDNT lose their money?

Hey Mr Good - P Boyles knows what he is talking about. Hope not but signs are that
you have been SCAMMED . An outfit operating from Spain allegedly 'tied agent' of some pseudo in Germany. A set up of which I would be VERY VERY suspicious . Wish you luck
but from experience your situation seems ominous. DUE DILIGENCE of utmost importance : you will find your "broker" would not be used to the term !

Yes as soon as you show any knowledge or understanding about investment scams they will drop you like a hot potato. I'd guess you will get more calls from other scammers but as soon as you mention FSA regulation or boiler room scams they'll hang up.

The other tactic they use is to act hurt and insulted that you would think of them in the same way as 'those scammers'. I've even had them become annoyed and aggressive, which is great. All they are trying to do is to put the doubt in your mind that they are trying to steal your money in the hope that you will either get sucked in or at least you will not publish their name on a website like this. It's important to keep these sites updated with the names they are using. It may save somebody from making a very expensive mistake and hopefully drive the scammers to an early grave.

I forgot to mention that they need to be reported to the FSA and Operation Archway. The FSA will publish a warning about them at some point.

Yes as soon as you show any knowledge or understanding about investment scams they will drop you like a hot potato. I'd guess you will get more calls from other scammers but as soon as you mention FSA regulation or boiler room scams they'll hang up.

Spooky - within two hours of posting this I got a call from them again - new fake name "Adam Harding" this time. I guess its not surprising if they monitor this site too to see what's being said about them.

I agree but it's very simple, every cold call selling shares is a scam. There are no honest people cold calling you to sell shares. Every single one is a crook.

Bigbrains and Oldoneleg both threatened legal action about Biodefense and my summons still hasn't come. It's seems their ambulance chasers are a bit slack.

Bigbrains and Oldoneleg both threatened legal action about Biodefense and my summons still hasn't come. It's seems their ambulance chasers are a bit slack.

That's so funny. Do they honestly think that anyone is scared of this kind of threat.

I reckon any lawyer would demand at least £5,000 - £10,000 upfront and possibly an end bill of significantly more. Those sorts of numbers soon sort the wheat out from the chaff which is why of course you've never heard anything :)

Fisher Capital
Anyone heard of Fisher Capital based in South Korea trying to sell shares in GreenCell Technologies?
Have been getting the hard sell.
Cheers

Fisher Capital
Anyone heard of Fisher Capital based in South Korea trying to sell shares in GreenCell Technologies?
Have been getting the hard sell.
Cheers

Greencell Technologies are being sold by various boiler room scams. To be honest it doesnt matter what they are calling themselves now, its all a scam and if you give them any money (or have given them any money) then it will be/has been stolen.

Greencell Technologies are being sold by various boiler room scams. To be honest it doesnt matter what they are calling themselves now, its all a scam and if you give them any money (or have given them any money) then it will be/has been stolen.

thanks for the heads up. They have sent me a sale contract and I havent yet paid. I cant wait for them to chase me for the money. I'll kindly refer them the the boiler room scams and tell them I have made an enquiry with the FSS in Korea.
Cheers

MTV

Chances are they'll get nasty, and threaten you with all sorts of legal action as they 'had a verbal deal'.

Just laugh at them and tell them you KNOW they're thieving scum (yse those words and see what they say) but if they do want to take further action then you'll be looking forward to seeing them in court.

Believe me, if they know that you know their game they'll quickly give up because there are other calls to make to people that haven't sussed them.

I only wish they'd call me :)

MTV

Chances are they'll get nasty, and threaten you with all sorts of legal action as they 'had a verbal deal'.

Just laugh at them and tell them you KNOW they're thieving scum (yse those words and see what they say) but if they do want to take further action then you'll be looking forward to seeing them in court.

Believe me, if they know that you know their game they'll quickly give up because there are other calls to make to people that haven't sussed them.

I only wish they'd call me :)

i look forward to it and will keep you posted!