Boiler Room Scams

... albeit registered post from the UK, which is another "not quite right" element to the story.

I just got an email from the Transfer Agents in Canada to say that Viridis share certificates are issued in Canada and then sent to the Viridis Custodian for distribution in the UK, so that explains that one too.

Re: Stratton Wainwright Advisory, Bio Defense

Cold called offering Bio Defense || BioDefense Corporation - Prepared to overcome obstacles of microscopic proportions || at £5/share prior to listing. Contacted Bio by Email & got partial reply, ie they confirmed that they were offering shares @ £5 prior to listing but did not answer any questions re stratton. Any further info contact investor relations. I tried that by phone twice, no body could take my call: leave a message & we'll get right back to you-they didn't. Emailed again-no reply.
Smell a rat? Company product seems great, is it just an idea or does it exist? I do not know, but the investor end is suspect.
Again does anybody have any more info?

Been contacted by Riva holdings re biodefense corporation, put up a good story of existing shareholders and advisors, going to market, need enough shareholders before they can etc, anybody heard anymore re either company or the brokers?

I just got an email from the Transfer Agents in Canada to say that Viridis share certificates are issued in Canada and then sent to the Viridis Custodian for distribution in the UK, so that explains that one too.

Good,

It doesnt really explain anything, remember these are scammers so they are lying to you. What proof do you have that anything they say is true? I think you are believing what you want to believe and youre not really looking for the truth.

Have you ever read one case on T2W of someone who bought shares from a cold caller and DIDNT lose their money?

Been contacted by Riva holdings re biodefense corporation, put up a good story of existing shareholders and advisors, going to market, need enough shareholders before they can etc, anybody heard anymore re either company or the brokers?

Biodefense are a long running scam, they have been pushed by various boiler room scams for a couple of years now. Riva Holdings also rings a bell, will check and let you know.

Here's a bit more information that shows Riva is a scam.

1. Firstly their business address is a serviced office/virtual office in Cyprus.

http://www.cyprusyellowpages.com/Ca...catnm=Office+Services+Cyprus&t=0&p=20&f=false

2. Their website is registered to 12 Harrinton Mews, Sheffield S3 8YR. No such address exists and the postcode quoted refers to Sheffield College.

3. If you look back to page 250 of this thread you'll see they have been cold calling other people with the Biodefense scam.

I could go on but that should enough to convince you.

Hi

I have posted before in relation to a scam connected to GCPO shares. I have been contacted by Legg Mason Assocites in Chicago and Cambridge Financial Services in New York. In each case I was offered silly money for worthless shares. However, I was not asked for any fees, monies up front.
Recently I have been contacted by someone purporting to be Marcus Adams of US Dept of the Treasury in Washington DC. It is again related to GCPO and the offer of compensation. He emailed me a form AP10 which asks for details of my share transactions. I believe, however, that he is calling from Indonesia. Has anyone had similar experience? I am wary and hope this info may be interest to someone else.

Further to my last post I have forwarded the email I received to the US Dept of Treasury for their information. Govt. deartments don't usually call you out of the blue and request information by email.

Surprise, surprise. I got a call from someone claiming to be at Telecorp saying there had been an error in processing at their Stock Transfer agent and that my share certificate had now been sent. Today it arrived via Fedex, showing it had been posted by someone in Barrie Ontario giving an address which from Google street view appears to be a seafront apartment block (one of the condos is for sale). It looks like a valid certificate, but then it would wouldn't it? The covering letter purports to be from Telecorp investor relations in New York but is photocopied and is addressed to 'Telecorp shareholder' - wouldn't they us the term 'stockholder'? Why the Ontario connection for an American company? And how did Telecorp get my number? Like yours, all looks OK but scratch the surface even a little and there is something to doubt. But I guess this shows how wide this little group are spread - 'office' in Barcelona, bank account in Germany, posting agents in Canada, onward posting agents in the UK, and a voice to speak to in America (wouldn't be surprised if the number I have at IR for Telecorp is similar to your CEO at Viridis).

I have spoken to and exchanged emails with the CEO of Viridis Technologies Inc and the phone number and email domain matches those on their website so unless the entire website is fake and/or there is some very clever spoofing going on at least that part of things is ok. Similarly, the emails I have exchanged with the transfer agent match up, and the transfer agent was known to another transfer agent with whom I communicated (the one that handles "most" Canadian companies, according to the german bank). In spite of what pboyles says I'm trying to avoid seeing things through rosy-tinted spectacles but I can't think of anything I could do to check this out any further.
As far as Telecorp is concerned, my understanding is that the company is based in Barrie, Ontario and Cheyenne, Wyoming. I think the New York office is purely a city presence. The thing I found most strange about this outfit and their web presence in particular is that, with the exception of the investors page, there are no phone numbers given - only email addresses. If they are in the market for telecoms solutions then you'd have thought they'd be advertising their phone numbers rather more prominently on their contacts page. Some of the names on their team seem to be pretty high profile folks so have you tried getting in touch with them directly, or making contact with any of the organisations with which they claim to have agreements?

Hi there,
trying to get my head around the fact I may be scammed although I didn't find anything about this company here :
http://westbrook-associates.net/contactus.html
But the story and way seams very much the same.
Any information about them ?
Thx !

Did they cold call you? Can you tell us which shares they were selling?

As a general rule if they cold called you and you bought shares then you've been scammed. The website follows the usual pattern and a lot of the content is just copied/pasted from other websites.

Their office address is a Regus serviced office, in fact its most likely a virtual office or maildrop that they have rented from them. There have been dozens of scams operating from Regus offices around the world.

http://www.regus.com/locations/ID/Jakarta/JakartaAriobimoCentral.htm

I think its safe to assume you've been scammed. Anyone else who calls you offering anything to do with shares or investment is going to try to take more money off you. Dont believe anything a cold caller tells you and dont part with any more money no matter what excuse you're given.

Anybody heard of 'James O'Neill' and CS International?
sounds like typical boiler room scam-companies. Best advise: ask them for
their 'Broker' license number and check the number. If you can't find it anywhere
send them a message back and tell them-they will get reported to the police.

Did they cold call you? Can you tell us which shares they were selling?

As a general rule if they cold called you and you bought shares then you've been scammed. The website follows the usual pattern and a lot of the content is just copied/pasted from other websites.

Their office address is a Regus serviced office, in fact its most likely a virtual office or maildrop that they have rented from them. There have been dozens of scams operating from Regus offices around the world.

http://www.regus.com/locations/ID/Jakarta/JakartaAriobimoCentral.htm

I think its safe to assume you've been scammed. Anyone else who calls you offering anything to do with shares or investment is going to try to take more money off you. Dont believe anything a cold caller tells you and dont part with any more money no matter what excuse you're given.

Hi there
they're selling GreenCell Technologies (GT5). Looked very accurate to me as they were selling 1st part in Jan just prior the IPO. Then I increased the total amount after seeing share price developing nicely - listed at Frankfurt stock Exchange.
They told me they took over from Alwyn Management were I had a very small deal - as a test balloon cause I was very suspicious when they called me. As everything went according to the plan - but acutally I never sold the small position in MPDD - I was open for this one.

Thanks.

Hi there
they're selling GreenCell Technologies (GT5). Looked very accurate to me as they were selling 1st part in Jan just prior the IPO. Then I increased the total amount after seeing share price developing nicely - listed at Frankfurt stock Exchange.
They told me they took over from Alwyn Management were I had a very small deal - as a test balloon cause I was very suspicious when they called me. As everything went according to the plan - but acutally I never sold the small position in MPDD - I was open for this one.

Thanks.

Greencell Technologies were being pushed by a well known boiler room called Strathclyde Associates who are already on the FSA warning list.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams-238.html
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtml

As you say they are listed in Frankfurt but on the OTC unregulated market, not the main stock exchange. The price has risen sharply from close to zero to about 1.80. I can tell you now that they will drop back to pretty much nothing in the near future.

Do you know if there is a restriction on your shares? In fact do you even have share certificates? I think you will have problems if you ever try yo sell these.

I have just been cold called by Strathclyde Associates (FSA Blacklisted) trying to sell me shares in a goldmining company called Eldorgold Resources. they said they bought a few million shares at €0.80 and the company will be listed on the Frankfurt SE for €2.20 in about 4 weeks.

Calling all cars, calling all cars!

Hi there,
trying to get my head around the fact I may be scammed although I didn't find anything about this company here :
http://westbrook-associates.net/contactus.html
But the story and way seams very much the same.
Any information about them ?
Thx !

Phil

Sorry but you have been scammed and your money will have been stolen.

And if you made a profit on some shares you bought from them then sadly you didn't, but they no doubt gave you the impression you had. Try to withdraw any profits and you'll be met with 1001 excuses plus they'll try and tempt you with another 'great' deal.

Remember this from now on because it's important and will save you a lot of money - ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT CALLS YOU ABOUT INVESTMENTS IS A LOW LIFE SCAMMING THIEF.

Yes, they'll sound charming and yes they'll have a good line in spiel but at the end of the day you're talking to a thief.

BBC 5 Live investigates Boiler Room scams tonight at 2100, but check the time again because I'm an hour ahead of you guys.

Can anyone give me information on Ellis Capital Management, they have persuaded my father in law to purchase shares in what I would describe as either high risk or completely worthless

Can anyone give me information on Ellis Capital Management, they have persuaded my father in law to purchase shares in what I would describe as either high risk or completely worthless

Your father is being setup by conmen it's as simple as that. Do everything in your powers to stop him otherwise the money will be stolen. No ifs or buts IT WILL BE STOLEN.