Boiler Room Scams

Mugs,

They were gearing up for Christmas all right, but you were going to be the turkey!

Hi PBOYLES

I might get caught once with my trousers down, but not twice!!! They wont come down again until everything is checked, re-checked and locked up tight!!! :LOL:

Hi Rosehound

I did google this but only looked at top four!! just selected the scam option and found this;
http://teakdoor.com/thailand-and-asia-news/32298-update-old-thai-boiler-room-fraud-4.html
makes very interesting reading.

Cheers
Mugs

I have been the victim of a scam by the guys behind:

www.strathclydeassociates.com
www.strathclydeassociates.net

I created a site to warn potential victims on this scam. I put an ad in Google so that anybody browsing this company may have my input about this scam.

www.strathclydeassociates-scam.com

After investigation I found out that these guys have several other registered websites for the same purpose:

www.fishercapitalmanagement.com
www.shaw-capital.com
www.trent-consultants.com
www.scottfitzgeraldgroup.com

I kept investigating and found another 2 sites by these guys:

www.centurydirectgroup.com

www.investwithcenturydirect.com

Moreover I found another 2 sites highly suspicious:

www.wealthadvisoryassociates.com
www.******-group.com

As you can see they are using video and podcasts to 'put a face' to their 'brokers' so that people trust them more. I hope this info is useful. Please spread the word.

Mario Gomez

List of unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK (as supplied by the FSA).....

Ainsley Consulting SL (now known as Mercier International Group)

Alexander Rothko Associates*

Amherst International

Anderson Fitzpatrick (Switzerland) AG

Argus Global Equities Limited

B A Gelman

Bagnestone

BenjaminFisher SL

Berkley Murray Securities

Berkshire Tax Consultants

Black & White Investments

Boska Settlement Corporation

Bradley Chen & Associates

Braun & Bridgewater Corporation (aka BBGC Corporation)

Breakthrough Venture Partners

Breslan Aliied Limited

Cambridge Global Inc

Capital One Management Inc

Carlton Birtal Advisory Services SL

Carter James SL

Chamberlin Management Inc

Chapman Foster Group SL

Chicago Board of Acquisitions Inc

* Clarington Group (The)

Clarkson Gordon Ltd

Clifton Financial Services

Cohen Edwards Asset Management

Collins Tate & Murchison

Condor Research

Crandale Group

Creston & Childs

Douglas St James

Dunhill Capital

E1 Asset Management

Edward Tate

Elliot Price & Associates

Equity Research Group

Eurotraders

Everest 1 Inc.

Fairchild Roth Financial Inc

Fernvale Associates

Fielding Clifford

First Chartered Capital Corp / First Colonial Trust

First International Equity & Acquisitions Inc

Franklin Asset Management (aka Jefferson Management)

Fraser Hunt Levine

Fridman, Koch and Saul (aka Cambridge Global and Amhers International)

Globeshare

Godwynn International

Goldberg Kravitz (now known as Union Partners SL)

Goodman Management Associates

GS Anguilla

Harrington Advisory Services/Harrington Advisory,SL

Hamilton Asset Management

Handel Ross Advisory

Hannover Markka Capital

Hargill & Black Associates

Harper Mills and Paige Inc

Harrop, Lees, Brown & Co

Henderson Young

Hoffman Philips SL

Hopkins, Pierce & Co Limited

Hyda Florsbanc

International Business Advisors

International Options Trading (PTY) Ltd*

ITB Group

Jackson Cole Investments

Jacob Stern

Jefferson Management (aka Franklin Asset Management)

K P Allen

Kammer, Stuartt Reed

Kerona Trading Ltd

Kline Management Group

Kobe Securities International

Liberty Assets inc

Liberty First Financial Services

Liberty One Advisors LLC*

Livingstone Asset Management

Lombard Grand Inc

Lox International Group

Market Access Group

Maxwell Fleming & Associates

McKenzie Goldstein & Associates*

McKenzie King Ltd

Mercantilebanc Securities Inc

Mercier Interantional Group (aka Ainsley Consulting SL) / Mercier asset Management Inc

Millennium Financial Ltd

Miller Bosses Acquisitions INC.

Morgan Young Financial Consultants

Morrison Cross Financial Investments Ltd

Nationwide Mergers and Acquisitions

Network Capital Partners

Nivo Invest and Trade Corp

Norwich Capital Mutual Funds Limited

Oceanic Equities

Pacific Federal SA

Pan European Investment Management

Pan Pacific Financial

Parker Lane

Parker Rowe

Perlman-Haas Associates

Phoenix Asset Management SA

Phoenix Partners SL

Platinum Asset Management (pty) Ltd

Platinum Placements Management

Premier Equities Limited

Premium Placement

Price Stone

Prime Forestry

Reichman Advisory SL

Rementon & Fitzgerald

Richard Watson Associates

Richmond International

Richmond Royce Advisory Services S.L.U.

RJL International Limited

Royal Asset Management of Canada

Schoefer Davis Limited

Smith Fairchild

SpencerFerguson Financial Services/SpencerFerguson Wealth Management

Stanfield Moritz Associates

Stanley Riebeck Corporation

Stein Banc Commerce

Sukumo Group

Tana Corum Holdings

Thibault Capital Markets

Thompson Weinberg

Tresaderns & Partners SL

Trident Market Advisors

Trillium Drake

Union Partners SL (formerly Goldberg Kravitz SL)

US Capital FX*

Van der Halen Equities

Wakeford & Goodridge

Walker Stone

Waterhouse Scott Ltd

Webster, Cohen & Galombik Inc

West Shore Ventures Limited

Willmont Financial SL

Windsor Asset Management

World Market Resources

World Trade Financial Corporation

Yee Seng Global
Washington/Roberts Management Prague CZ.
Mergers & Acquisitions Reg. Comm. Tokyo Japan

Anyone needing info. on possible scams can go to IOSCO.ORG., go to members list (aux. members) and start from there. It's a multi-national site listing these companies.

New to this forum but have just received a cold call from James Bailey at Riva Holdings (based in Cyprus) for a pre float investment in Biodefense (USA) selling at $5 a share but expected to reach $10 by February when it eventually floats. Biodefense is a real company and cheque to go directly to them in the USA. Web page is http://www.rhcyp.com/ - sounds a bit dodgy to me ?

New to this forum but have just received a cold call from James Bailey at Riva Holdings (based in Cyprus) for a pre float investment in Biodefense (USA) selling at $5 a share but expected to reach $10 by February when it eventually floats. Biodefense is a real company and cheque to go directly to them in the USA. Web page is http://www.rhcyp.com/ - sounds a bit dodgy to me ?

Jackdaw,

Biodefense has been pushed by various boiler room scams for quite a while now. If you give them any money it will be stolen, make no mistake. Biodefense have been saying theyre going public 'next month' for well over a year and nothing has happened. Just because they are a registered company and they write press releases saying how wonderful they are doesnt mean a thing. As I said if you 'invest' in this you'll never see your money again.

Here is an article from March 2009 which mentions them in connection with another boiler room scam.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/o...rticle_id=481269&in_page_id=19&in_author_id=5

Scribble

100% you're being setup to have your money stolen.

Doesn't it look odd to you that strangers call you up offering the ability to make easy money...........

...because www.ridgebackmining.com is the website of Ridgeback Global Resources, a 'company' trading on the Frankfurt OCT market (the stock in restricted). Their stock price is around 5 cents but has barely traded at all.

When they call you back ask them why they are not FSA regulated and tell them you will report them to Operation Archway. That will get rid of them for good.

yes that is company...

what do you mean the stock is restricted?

what is operation archway...

thank you for your help...

will let you know how it goes...

yes that is company...

what do you mean the stock is restricted?

what is operation archway...

thank you for your help...

will let you know how it goes...

If you buy the stock you may not be able to sell it again for a certain period. It is not trading on the proper market but the OTC market, like a Pink Sheet stock in the US. Basically the company does not have to comply with the normal accounting rules for floating. They dont even have to submit accounts. These stocks are favoured by scammers because they are easy to manipulate by using press releases giving false positive information to pump up the price.

Operation Archway is the City of London police operation that gathers and shares information about these scams. You should report it to them and to the FSA so that they can issue public alerts and hopefully prevent others from being scammed.

That may all be a bit confusing, just remember the following.

Cold call selling shares = scam every time.

is it illegal not to be regulated by the fsa...?

Scibs

You've got your head screwed on backwards. You're NOT being called by a 'company' rather a group of scammers so they're not registered nor is the company they claim to represent, in fact that's just a made up name. Next month the thieves will pretend they're calling from some other 'company'.

But as PB rightly says cold calls always equal scammers.

But let's assume they don't and a company calls you offering you the chance to make money. Again, that's very strange isn't it because if I have an investment to sell that's almost sure to make people money I don't call strangers, I call my friends and associates.......

Think about that long and hard because it's a dangerous world out there whether you're dealing with scammers or even big financial companies where time has proved they FIRST have their best interests at heart although of course they'll say anything, including lying, to make out this is not the case..........

Internet research is your best friend as you're finding out so well done for checking here first.

so they have called me back

They dutifully answered my queries, wether ridgeback mining were an ethical company

And i mentioned the issue which pboyles highlighted about the shares being restricted.

The lady on the phone was shocked and alarmed to hear this.

She wanted to know how i got this information and that she would check with their market analysists.

Didn't get to mention their lack of fsa regulation. If they call me back i'm sure to bring it up.

Thank you very much for your time and advise.

will keep you updated as and when.

so they have called me back

They dutifully answered my queries, wether ridgeback mining were an ethical company

And i mentioned the issue which pboyles highlighted about the shares being restricted.

The lady on the phone was shocked and alarmed to hear this.

She wanted to know how i got this information and that she would check with their market analysists.

Didn't get to mention their lack of fsa regulation. If they call me back i'm sure to bring it up.

Thank you very much for your time and advise.

will keep you updated as and when.

Scribble,

Bear in mind these people have a habit of telling the odd fib. Whatever she tells you it wont be the truth, having said that it may just be you've done enough to scare them off for good. The last boiler room that contacted me disappeared at the mere mention of FSA regulation.

You could also ask them why a mining company is working out of a virtual office in a house in Haslemere, Surrey. I dont have time right now but when I get the chance I will post the list of other companies using the same address, its probably dozens.

Basically they are using this address as a mail drop whilst probably operating from a jurisdiction like Spain or Thailand where they dont get too much heat from the authorities.