Boiler Room Scams

It seems the thread promoting London Pearson has been deleted after I posted that it was connected to a scam by a company called AVS Carter. The following link explains part of the scam, clearly they havnt given up and are trying to get new clients/victims by promoting themselves on T2W. Stay well clear of this company.

http://blogs.fxstreet.com/francesc/...son-ltd-vs-avs-carter-we-urge-an-explanation/

The thread has been removed by T2W and the follliwng error message appears instead. Could someone explain why a thread about such a blatant scam was removed?

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

London Pearson website was registered on 29 June 2010, registration details are hidden and website content is copied from www.citadelgroup.com another website created in the past few months.

Adam Dawson is back on the phone trying to relieve me of cash for pre float shares in Sparta Matrix. This was last mentioned in this forum in May 2008 with a remarkably similar story.... you have been warned.

Regarding your shares I recommend you contact Renell Wertpapierhandelsbank AG who are the company's listing partner on the Frankfurt stock exchange. Ask them who the share registrar is and then ask the share registrar if you are a shareholder or not. At least this will be a start.

Thanks for this advice, pboyles.

The bank says they don't have details of the registrar (!) but I have previously been given this info by the CEO (Ian Patterson): It's Select Fidelity Transfer Services Ltd of Fonthill, Ontario. The next problem is that I only get an answerphone when I call their number, the fax number and all the other numbers for their call centre etc. are out of service, and email is bounced by an internet abuse filter. Select Fidelity seem to have been around for a fair time, so it's all a bit strange if they've vanished - and a bit more than a coincidence, I fear: I'm beginning to wonder if there's a scam that extends to the registrar and possibly even to the company itself... but they did manage to list, so they at least must exist!

Wertpapierhandelsbank AG told you that or someone else? Have you checked to see if Fidelity is regulated in Canada? The company may well exist on paper but that could be all. Can you post their business address, we can check it out and see if it is just a maildrop.

Wertpapierhandelsbank AG told you that or someone else? Have you checked to see if Fidelity is regulated in Canada? The company may well exist on paper but that could be all. Can you post their business address, we can check it out and see if it is just a maildrop.

The response I got from Wertpapierhandelsbank AG was:

I’m sorry but we have no information about the share registrar of Viridis Technologies.
Canadian Companies are usually registered with www.integraltransfer.com.

I find it somewhat bizarre that the listing partner bank doesn't have any dealings with the registrar, and "usually" isn't very helpful in this context! However, the transfer agents' contact details, as given to my by the CEO, are at http://www.selectfidelity.com/contact.html . It's the details at bottom right.

Meanwhile, I just got an email from the CEO of Viridis to say he'd checked with the transfer agents himself, I am on the register and my certificate was issued on 19 July. So now we have a "lost in the post" situation, at best.

Anything info or checks on this strange chain would be appreciated. In a similar vein, I don't suppose you've come across Legatus Consulting Ltd & Co KG of Caprivistrasse 33, 22587 Hamburg (the escrow agents)? That would give me a bit of confidence that my money had gone straight into thin air.

The response I got from Wertpapierhandelsbank AG was:

I’m sorry but we have no information about the share registrar of Viridis Technologies.
Canadian Companies are usually registered with www.integraltransfer.com.

I find it somewhat bizarre that the listing partner bank doesn't have any dealings with the registrar, and "usually" isn't very helpful in this context! However, the transfer agents' contact details, as given to my by the CEO, are at http://www.selectfidelity.com/contact.html . It's the details at bottom right.

Meanwhile, I just got an email from the CEO of Viridis to say he'd checked with the transfer agents himself, I am on the register and my certificate was issued on 19 July. So now we have a "lost in the post" situation, at best.

Anything info or checks on this strange chain would be appreciated. In a similar vein, I don't suppose you've come across Legatus Consulting Ltd & Co KG of Caprivistrasse 33, 22587 Hamburg (the escrow agents)? That would give me a bit of confidence that my money had gone straight into thin air.

Dont take anyone else's word for it, call integraltransfer up yourself and ask if they are the registrars.

Thanks for this advice, pboyles.

The bank says they don't have details of the registrar (!) but I have previously been given this info by the CEO (Ian Patterson): It's Select Fidelity Transfer Services Ltd of Fonthill, Ontario. The next problem is that I only get an answerphone when I call their number, the fax number and all the other numbers for their call centre etc. are out of service, and email is bounced by an internet abuse filter. Select Fidelity seem to have been around for a fair time, so it's all a bit strange if they've vanished - and a bit more than a coincidence, I fear: I'm beginning to wonder if there's a scam that extends to the registrar and possibly even to the company itself... but they did manage to list, so they at least must exist!

The Select website has all its registration details hidden except for a name, Branalex Financial, Branalex Financial dont appear to even have a website but I have found the following number for them, (416) 203-5836.

Also there is a Select Fidelity Transfer Services Ltd registered with the SEC at a Toronto address. Perhaps you can call the SEC and tell them that the company is witholding your shares and cannot be contacted.

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?filenum=084-06139&action=getcompany

At what point does the phrase "if something's too good to be true, it probably is" get dumped.

actually genuinely interested, used to have some dealings with people who had been fleeced in these scams.... how can people be so greedy/foolish?

At what point does the phrase "if something's too good to be true, it probably is" get dumped.

actually genuinely interested, used to have some dealings with people who had been fleeced in these scams.... how can people be so greedy/foolish?

Thanks rosehound. At what point does self-satisfied sneering help anyone? It's bad enough being foolish and having been duped without being subjected to your laugh-behind-your-sleeve 'I'm much cleverer than you' attitude.

Thanks rosehound. At what point does self-satisfied sneering help anyone? It's bad enough being foolish and having been duped without being subjected to your laugh-behind-your-sleeve 'I'm much cleverer than you' attitude.

Look - I said I was genuinely interested and I am. I used to work for a very reputable broker and would often deal with people who had been scammed. Same old story that is repeated over 250 pages of this thread. I think it is fairly well established that if someone calls you up and offers you basically free money, then you hang up the phone.

However, I think it would be more interesting for someone to honestly describe the thought process, to recognise the self-delusions etc. This would surely serve as some kind of warning.

If I had wanted to take the **** I would have made it much funnier. Cheers.

Re: Spartamatrix - another scam?

I've been cold called yet again by an outfit called Sparamatrix trying to get me to buy pre-float shares (in Australia I think). They say they have the only system on the market today which has the capacity to meet all the requirements of the USA "Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act 2002". They provide a fair bit of data and links which of course seem genuine but I'm always suspicious these days. Does anyone know anything that I don't? Here's some info they sent me.........

SOURCES OF RESEARCH

SpartaMatrix Inc.

spartamatrix-hk.com

• Please click on “About Us” for Corporate and Executive info

• Please click on “Products” for Services and Product info

• Please click on “Links” to see our Clients / Partners / Resources

• Please click on “Investor” for Highlights / IR Library &
Shareholders FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

• Please click on “Contact Us” for Corporate Office Locations

Australian Financial Registration

AUSTRALIAN SECURITIES & INVESTMENTS COMMISSION (ASIC):
ASIC Free Company Name Search

 Type in SpartaMatrix in “Organization Name”

 Please click on “Search”

 Result will show ASIC Registration

Member of the Australian Technology Showcase

ATS - Home Page

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US Homeland Security Directory

Homeland Security Companies

http://www.investorideas.com/Companies/HomelandDefense/HDS/Private_HS.asp

SMART CARD INDUSTRY
http://www.eurosmart.com/0-Misc/PastIssues/January06.html

Well it looks like SpartaMatrix are back on the scene!!! Got a cold call!! Not pushy, just said they would send me the details and call me next week!!! Be warned!!!!

Cheers Mugs

There is a simple answer to cold calls from ANYONE - put the down.
If you dont know who they are its a cold call - dont do drugs dont do talking to cold callers.
You can ask your phone provider to block anyone that phone w/o supplying a source phone no.

HTH John @ Tramsteer

There is a simple answer to cold calls from ANYONE - put the down.
If you dont know who they are its a cold call - dont do drugs dont do talking to cold callers.
You can ask your phone provider to block anyone that phone w/o supplying a source phone no.

HTH John @ Tramsteer

Thanks TRAMSTEER, don't worry I wanted their details to check them out, and so when they call next week I'll tell them where to go!!!
Mugs

It is sometimes worth asking how they got your phone number.
I have only ever come to greif by working with a cold caller.
If I dont call them I dont want to know, is my rule from here on.
They may not be a boiler room scam but there are still plenty of dodgey deals around.

It is sometimes worth asking how they got your phone number.
I have only ever come to greif by working with a cold caller.
If I dont call them I dont want to know, is my rule from here on.
They may not be a boiler room scam but there are still plenty of dodgey deals around.

They seem to have been around a long time offering different deals, so it looks like they are gearing up for a christmas bonus!!! :LOL:

Last edited:
They seem to have been around a long time offering different deals, so it looks like they are gearig up for a christmas bonus!!! :LOL:

Mugs,

They were gearing up for Christmas all right, but you were going to be the turkey!