Boiler Room Scams

"... company that specializes in making pre-IPO"

pre-IPO market is wo any liquidity, esp. made for loser like dentists, ....

www.StrathclydeAssociates.com called me several times trying to sell a too-good-to-be-true investment in a penny stock called Greencell Technologies. Their domain name is only a few months old. And some of their callers are obvious low lives. A few well aimed questions revealed the sad truth. Their number is +82 26001 2946. They claim to be based in Seoul Korea, but who knows where they are really operating from...

Nice one Chris

Many clues as to the fact they're low life thieves.

1. Cold callers
2. Flashy sounding company name
3. Promises of easy money, and the number one proof (if any was needed)
4. The registration date of their domain name

Use common sense everyone and you'll be fine.

Has anyone proved that the Van Broeke Consultancy Group or Lidimend.com are actually companies praying on Boiler Room Scam Victims.......I know you're supposed to ingore calls regarding past scam shares...but these guys are both saying the are legal litigation companies seeking compensation payments for victims through the courts under case action cases......I've now had one so called lawyer over in the States called Taxtion or something saying they are acting on behalf of wealthy clients eager to reduce their capital gains by buying bad debt!!!! is this a con as well??...Will someone at least stand up and say they have been successful in recouping their losses from Share Scams.

Has anyone proved that the Van Broeke Consultancy Group or Lidimend.com are actually companies praying on Boiler Room Scam Victims.......I know you're supposed to ingore calls regarding past scam shares...but these guys are both saying the are legal litigation companies seeking compensation payments for victims through the courts under case action cases......I've now had one so called lawyer over in the States called Taxtion or something saying they are acting on behalf of wealthy clients eager to reduce their capital gains by buying bad debt!!!! is this a con as well??...Will someone at least stand up and say they have been successful in recouping their losses from Share Scams.

I recall Van Broeke Consultancy was a proven scam, I will dig around and find more. I havnt heard of the other company but you can be 100% guaranteed that they are trying to scam you. Theyve got your number from the mugs list of people that fall for this stuff. Nobody has been successful in recouping their money, they have just ended up losing more chasing the next ridiculous get rich quick share deal or compensation package.

If you dont believe me I can tell you now if you proceed with them they will ask for money up front, which they will steal, try it and you'll find out.

Peter, I'm saying this for your own good, ie to help you keep hold of your money.

You are an idiot for even asking the question 'are they scammers'.

OF COURSE THEY'RE SCAMMERS AND THIEVES.

They are ALL connected the thieves that stole your money in the first place and have you down as a mark, ie someone who easily falls for a con. This is why they're calling you because you lost money in the first place and probabilities state that marks are always a good play for more cash.

Nobody has EVER been able to get money back from these thieves as somewhat surprisingly they're not in the business of refunds.

Like said, don't take it personally but do think about this - everyone has told you what you wanted to hear in the past yet these have turned out to be lies and they've stolen your money. However, I'm telling you the (hard) truth and it hurts but then I will never ask for a penny. That in a converse way makes me the good guy :)

PS. If you really want proof then do as PB says and pay them their advance fee and see how you get on.......

PPS. Don't know what an 'advanced fee fraud is then check this link out and see if it rings any bells - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud. See the heading Fraud recovery scams as this is how they're attempting to play you.

Last edited:
Re-Boilerhouse Scam Tel # 0870 8200029/
Was contacted by a John Daley claiming shares that i had bought in 1999 through a brokers called Anglo-American Associates who i later found out to be a boiler house were on the verge of being sold in a liquidation of Anglo American Associates later called Associate Financial Association. Apparently since i had bought these shares in a block they were not registered in my name in the USA,although i have the shares certificate (UVSE.PK) with my name on it. So in order to save my holdings i could 1.register with them =$3500 or 2.Sell them to realise 6 times their value now which they say on the corporate market = $1.45 per share lol. I tell you these shares are totally USELESS they trade on Pink Sheets @ 0.0001. They told me that there is a different market for Corporate Block Shares which trade at a much much Higher Price lol. Can someone clarify for me that there is no such market,as far as i know.So will not be going there FULL STOP.

Winter

Think about things logically.

If you do that you'll be in NO DOUBT you're being setup to have your money stolen again. Basically the thieves that are calling you are the same scum that ripped you off in the first place. They are baiting your natural greed with the promise of big money, but of course first you'll be asked to pay a 'refundable paperwork charge' or some such lie.

And please remember that EVERYONE AND ANYONE that calls you again about shares/investments/options etc is 100% a scammer espeically if they're calling you about the shares you originally bought.

Hope this helps and please take note of what I say as it will save you lots of money in the future.

I need advice about the following: If the deal has taken place over the phone (supposedly has been recorded) and the stockshares have supposedly been bought, but the money transfer has not taken place, what could be the expected consequences if the money transfer finally never takes place? Has anyone heard of this people taking any kind of legal measures in such case? Is it likely to happen for companies like this? Any advice on how to proceed in such case?

I need advice about the following: If the deal has taken place over the phone (supposedly has been recorded) and the stockshares have supposedly been bought, but the money transfer has not taken place, what could be the expected consequences if the money transfer finally never takes place? Has anyone heard of this people taking any kind of legal measures in such case? Is it likely to happen for companies like this? Any advice on how to proceed in such case?

DO NOTHING - REPEAT DO NOTHING

Scammers do NOT use the courts for obvious reasons.

Be ready for them though because they're going to threaten you with legal action, then they'll probably threaten you again with legal action.

But HANG FIRM as these will be only threats as again they're thieves and thieving scum don't sue.

So call their bluff, when they say they'll sue say fine I'll see you in court.

But if you do cave in then your money WILL be stolen from you and you'll only have your weakness to blame (not suggesting that you are weak :) )

PS. One way to get rid of them is to say you've been speaking with the FSA about your rights and they've advised you to a) not send them money as they're not Uk registered and b) call 'Operation Archway' which is the City of London Police task force looking into these scammers as the FSA believe the 'broker' in question is a boiler room.

PS. Just wish I was you as I'd have a great time speaking with them.

Good luck but you won't need it because you have everything on your side.

Any respectable firm would NEVER buy shares on your behalf without first receiving a the funds from you. Investment companies simply do not work this way on credit and without a signature on an agreement.

Be prepared for some threatening and unpleasant phone calls - I suggest you record them and let them know they are being recorded, then forward any threatening behaviour to police/operation archway (if you are in the UK)

Classic boiler room website, a lot of information but then it actually tells you nothing. Plus the domain is about 3 months old.

Feelcheated - you have nothing to worry about apart from them getting very angry at you and threatening legal action.

HOLD FIRM!

Thanks for the information. I think much it will be useful to read it before spending the money.

How you consider, FSA will help with the given situation?

The FSA won't help one bit as they're totally useless.

Their main job is stuffing their members up in so much paperwork and redtape that they actually hinder business and business development.

Again, the FSA are totally useless. Having said that they do actually excel in one thing - having meetings no doubt where the sole aim is to schedule further meetings and on and on to insanity.

PS. If you want to get rich then try to get the tea/coffee/biscuit concession for them :)

Hi Guys, Good thread this, have experience of boiler rooms going back to Smith Fairchild, System Pros etc. Have been contacted by Hang Seng Financial based reportedly in Hong Kong but according to info so far they purchased an IP address from the Go Daddy Group on Scottsdale USA in 2009. They have in the past been trying to sell Bio Defense shares, I have been offered BYD Co. (China) at 20% discount. Co. looks sound but very sceptical about Hang Seng Financial. Any other info' out there?

Anyone remember Priority Venture Management, as you may know they were one of the second scammers , they did my husband and I out of alot of money about two years ago. Well just before Christmas. We had a certain person claiming to be Agent Cole from the sec and stating he had our money as Priority had got things wrong and they had been looking for us for 18th months to pay us, well we went along to find some things out and got in touch with the sec who said as we thought ,it was a follow up scam, Now last Friday morning we had another phone call from a person saying they were Robert Johnson guess what, he is from the sec as well wanting details of our shares etc, when he heard me say to my husband another scam, he shouted down the phone whats going on, with that he disappeared off the line. I have informed the sec ,but as yet its early days I have not had a reply .
Thought I should warn people in case these people get in touch they really try to convince you they have made a mistake and pretend you will get your money back and the profit they promised you with it. It is getting beyond a joke and near time something was done about these evil people, but nothing seems to happen .

Hi Guys, Good thread this, have experience of boiler rooms going back to Smith Fairchild, System Pros etc. Have been contacted by Hang Seng Financial based reportedly in Hong Kong but according to info so far they purchased an IP address from the Go Daddy Group on Scottsdale USA in 2009. They have in the past been trying to sell Bio Defense shares, I have been offered BYD Co. (China) at 20% discount. Co. looks sound but very sceptical about Hang Seng Financial. Any other info' out there?

Digger

Going to be cruel to be kind here.

You are an idiot for saying 'looks sound' as you're 101% being setup by scammers whose sole aim is to steal your cash.

Having said that you do have the nouse to at least ask some questions here so well done for that.

Like I said, don't take it personally :)