Boiler Room Scams

Is this thread about any scam or does it have to be stocks and shares things????

FBI AGENT‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent:
To:

My name is nelson Emmanuel I am an FBI foreign agent we discover your funds the sum of $8.5m, all I need from you now is to provide me your home address and telephone number and also let me know how you need your funds, is it check or cash? You can call me now for more details: +234 7058 2258 07 Waiting for your urgent respond.

These crack mo fo's, would love to have their real email;)

Its primarily for boiler room scams where people are cold called and sold worthless shares, e mail scams dont normally get mentioned here. In fact most people I know dont even open e mails like that never mind act on them, I probably get 10 of those a day. Have a look at the following website for e mail scams

http://www.419baiter.com/

If you were cold called and sold shares then you have been scammed. If you went through this thread you'd probably find 100 people with the same story. They may have given you a convincing story but in time you'll see that they disappear and your shares ( or the certificates they knocked up in Photoshop) are worthless.
Actually I wasn't cold called, after I had inquired about an article about stocks and shares on the internet they first sent me an e-mail and I stated I was interested in investing, then they called me. I had a long discussion with a representative who did sound genuine. He informed me of which shares were the best to purchase at that moment in time. So I thought about it and decided to do just that, but I didn't pay them. I paid the firm in the USA who sold me the shares certificate which I received weeks later. I have also the addresses of the transfer agent and nothing appears to be in my eyes out of order. I know the share certificare is classed as a holding for restricted shares, but this doesn't seem to me at be out of order. Besides that how can the guys in Zurich make money when the money I paid as it didn't go anywhere to them. They have informed me that when they believe that its time to sell the shares, when they have made some profit, then they would be entitled to 1% of the selling price. Does this not sound authentic as I believe that it is, until somebody can convince me that it is.

Its primarily for boiler room scams where people are cold called and sold worthless shares, e mail scams dont normally get mentioned here. In fact most people I know dont even open e mails like that never mind act on them, I probably get 10 of those a day. Have a look at the following website for e mail scams

http://www.419baiter.com/

ok cheers, yeah me too, they go straight to my junk!!

Actually I wasn't cold called, after I had inquired about an article about stocks and shares on the internet they first sent me an e-mail and I stated I was interested in investing, then they called me. I had a long discussion with a representative who did sound genuine. He informed me of which shares were the best to purchase at that moment in time. So I thought about it and decided to do just that, but I didn't pay them. I paid the firm in the USA who sold me the shares certificate which I received weeks later. I have also the addresses of the transfer agent and nothing appears to be in my eyes out of order. I know the share certificare is classed as a holding for restricted shares, but this doesn't seem to me at be out of order. Besides that how can the guys in Zurich make money when the money I paid as it didn't go anywhere to them. They have informed me that when they believe that its time to sell the shares, when they have made some profit, then they would be entitled to 1% of the selling price. Does this not sound authentic as I believe that it is, until somebody can convince me that it is.

You have been scammed and they have already very cleverly set you up for the second part of the scam, asking for an advance fee to 'sell' the shares. The scams often involve fake escrow accounts and transfer agents, that is part of how they reassure you (successfully) that its not a scam and they will not recieve the money. In truth its all part of the setup.

Were any of the entities you dealt with regulated? I would be willing to bet not, in fact they will probably appear in due course on various regulators warning lists.

Can you post the names of the companies you dealt with?

By the way they are not in Zurich, they just told you they were and used either a virtual office address or just made one up and put it on their website, can you see how easy it would be for them to do that?

Last edited:
Hi Charlo

Yep I've been approached by a Mr Bentley.....my wife spoke with him and she was very i,pressed...me I thought it abit odd....considering I'd already been subjected to a London swindle luckily last year the solicitors who acted in that compensation action sent me a letter and invited me to submit my facts...no monery passed hands for this action...FSCA were involved with this compensation....For this latest wheeze the FSA (0800 500 5000) thought Broeke was a scam, but weren't too sure they advised contacting the Belgium FSA...003 2222 05211...who then advised contacting someone else to confirm the firms details...I spoke with a Mr Kristoff Viana (maybe he was the Belgium FSA, his number was 003 32 2 220 5156..email [email protected]...I sent him a copy of the contract Broeke emailed to me....coincidentally I stalled because although Mr Bentley was ever so polite and nice ...that's how I got suckered before, I stalled because he said the Class action was happening on my share this coming Friday...Prime Time Group.......beware. the scam is European Law has now changed (probably not) enabling firms such as Broeke to take Class Action against executives involved in these boiler rooms....now that was too good to be true
PArting words were £500 in advance as a refundable desposit on successful returns of captial and a further 10% paid direct to the lawyers.

Take care they sure are slippery *******s

Peter R

krabs63
So were we all fooled - more appropriately scammed by those illegal/unlicenced
monsters operating their 'boiler room' - 'pump & dump' outfits. The trixters use
all the 'boiler room' methods ,schemes and tactics . And they parade themselves
on Plaxo , Twitter etc like angels but each one I see there with their cheeky
guilty look exhibit themselves for what they are completely bereft of any
semblance of decency.............But krabs63 have you just walked away or
have you passed on your tale of woe to the appropriate agencies so your scammers
are taken out of circulation. If not immediately make a detailed statement to
your local police and advise the Financial Regulator of the country where you reside
Go on , DO IT NOW.

I am in the process of trying to establish legal grounds to pursue these thieves.

Are you saying Grandway are on the FINMA blacklist because I'm not finding them, Brett Commodities are on of course.

No Grandway are not on the list, they are the supposed "clearing agent" I paid part of my funds to, the other one was Trade State Development Limited.

Some more I found :
westernfield holdings
parkfield international capital
hargill holdings
starwill holdings, all of japan or hong kong.

Last edited:
it doesnt sound good. Do some basic checks. If the 'Transfer agent' (normal thing of boiler rooms) is xyz or something ltd in say Japan - or Hong Kong, look up that countries corporation web site and see if its a registered company. Also check and see if it is in that country's 'phone book'. If it is, but has a different phone no. and add. to the people you are dealing with - then its no point beating around the bush. You've been conned and it is important to realise it very quickly as they will scam you or more money. What's the name of the companies and transfer agents you are dealing with.
cheers. Also, some checks just on 'google'. Watch out if your virus protector shows a warning as it could also be sending you a 'keylogger' virus especially if you have 'logged' into their site. (it will read you 'keys' logged,i.e. www.mybank.com - etc. etc. you know what follows.)

slartman

it doesnt sound good. Do some basic checks. If the 'Transfer agent' (normal thing of boiler rooms) is xyz or something ltd in say Japan - or Hong Kong, look up that countries corporation web site and see if its a registered company. Also check and see if it is in that country's 'phone book'. If it is, but has a different phone no. and add. to the people you are dealing with - then its no point beating around the bush. You've been conned and it is important to realise it very quickly as they will scam you or more money. What's the name of the companies and transfer agents you are dealing with.
cheers. Also, some checks just on 'google'. Watch out if your virus protector shows a warning as it could also be sending you a 'keylogger' virus especially if you have 'logged' into their site. (it will read you 'keys' logged,i.e. www.mybank.com - etc. etc. you know what follows.)

slartman

BRETT COMMODITIES is the company and I paid to GRANDWAY ENTERPRISES LIMITED
and TRADE STATE DEVELOPMENT LIMITED both to banks in Hong Kong.
Both are registered but I cannot ascertain if they are actual Transfer Agents.

How do these scum operate or how do these countries let them do so when they are crooks.

~
From Miss Edvige Coulibaly
From Cote d'Ivoire
Abidjan West Africa

U can reach me in this Email:[email protected]
Very Urgent

Hello Dear,

My name is Miss Edvige Coulibaly I hope this mail finds you well &
healthy and i hope we can established a relationship since we are
meeting for the first time, I have gone through fasting and prayers
asking God to lead me to a trust worthy person who will help me with
this transaction and it interests me to contact you after my prayers
for an assistance to help me transfer this Sum of (USD$6,500,000.00) my father
deposited in a bank here in Cote d'Ivoire before he was
assassinat.

I like honesty,trust,love,truth,caring,& respect, I have all this
qualities in me and i believe you have all this qualities too, that is
why i decided to contact you for this transaction, I will like to ask
you this question please can i trust you and how much percentage do
you want me to offer you after we transfer this money into your
account please i will like you to contact me as soon as possible so
that we can know ourselves better.
Thanks and hoping to hear from you
soonest.
Miss Edvige Coulibaly.

Hey dick you're not so clever at all or funny for that matter just because you have made
so many posts doesn't qualify you as professor and I hope the mediators notice your
sarcastic behavior which only will upset anyone that is in financial difficulties after
being cheated of all their life savings.
If you were right here now you'd better have a good answer you idiot.
You don't even know who I am so keep to yourself you smart ass.
You have managed to anger me and waste peoples time by replying with the dumb letter.
I needed support and not an idiot like you responding with stupidities and don't try to excuse yourself as to say you're giving an example.
How would you feel if you just lost your money.
Hey how about some intelligent replies please or don't bother.
By the way I am in process of tracking down the scum bags from Brett Commodities

BRETT COMMODITIES is the company and I paid to GRANDWAY ENTERPRISES LIMITED
and TRADE STATE DEVELOPMENT LIMITED both to banks in Hong Kong.
Both are registered but I cannot ascertain if they are actual Transfer Agents.

How do these scum operate or how do these countries let them do so when they are crooks.

When you say that TRADE STATE DEVELOPMENT LIMITED and Grandway Enterprises are registered as banks do you mean their website says they are or you actually went to the relevant banking regulator and confirmed they were? Obvioulsy there is a big difference between those two things, just like Brett Commodities said they were a broker but in fact they were just thieves. I can find no reference to either Trade State on Grandway in google.

Linsure Holdings/ Global Capital Group Mergers & Aquisitions

Sorry about the long title. Hope it makes it easier to pick up when searching.

Linsure scams have been quiet for a while, but then they appear again. I have posted my Linsure history before but briefly they were my first boilerroom back in 2004 and I got conned into buying 50000 before I found out that they were restricted & what that meant. As a trial I derestricted for $50 in 2008, and at the same time a reverse share split at 200:1 was applied so I ended up with a certificate for 250 shares derestricted.

I got a call from AndrewTurner, Global Capital Group, Feb 14th,offering to buy my shares:- hostile takeover, asset strip, no residual share value, the usual story, for about $2.50 to be confirmed. They offered on all 50000 and I tried to explain that I only had 250. The guy didn't understand but asked me to sent proof of ownership. I duely sent a copy of my 250 cert and explained in the e-mail what had happened. I then received an offer for $3.50 a share for 50250 shares. When he phoned again I pointed this out & he said ok we'll requote for 50000.
So I got an offer for 50000 shares which I don't own, $175000, with requirement to pay 15%, $26250, in to Escrow with a triple A insurance broker, probably Prudential. Now I know from the past that there are a lot of "Prudential" companies out there!
I contacted my friend in the SEC and he responded that they had no registration for Global, despite their 25 year history. I checked their 731 Lexington Ave address and there is no record of them there. Their web site is registered in Canada at what i think is an accomodation address, the site is registered via thaiinternet.com.
To complete the picture they asked for the usual terms of agreement and non disclosure agreement, and bank details for payment , but they also wanted a power of attourney. I returned the agreement saying that was all they needed at this stage, but they insisted the bank details & POA had to go to the SEC for verification.
I never found out where they were actually calling from but I finally told them yesterday that I knew it was a scam. He politely said "If that's how you feel, goodbye" but I had kept them busy for 5 weeks.
Anyone else heard from them?

Brokerages and Research Firms
I recently posted a blog naming Swiss Financial Research AG as a bogus fraudulant operation. This has now also been reported to operation archway - london metro police. Swiss Financial Research have now re-formed and relocated to Prague and listed as TEFMG - [email protected]. Please be very careful, these are the same people scamming.
Alex Ford
Richard Forbes (who told me his name was Richard Bartman)
Liam Hamilton
Angela Strauss

Brokerages and Research Firms
I recently posted a blog naming Swiss Financial Research AG as a bogus fraudulant operation. This has now also been reported to operation archway - london metro police. Swiss Financial Research have now re-formed and relocated to Prague and listed as TEFMG - [email protected]. Please be very careful, these are the same people scamming.
Alex Ford
Richard Forbes (who told me his name was Richard Bartman)
Liam Hamilton
Angela Strauss

Thanks for the update, but it does not really matter.
If you get an unsolicited call it is a scam.
If it is from overseas it is a scam.
If it is from the UK it is a scam.
If it is US stock it is a scam.
If it is an IPO it is a scam.
Sorry to deflate anybody's bubble but it is the truth learned from bitter experience.

When you say that TRADE STATE DEVELOPMENT LIMITED and Grandway Enterprises are registered as banks do you mean their website says they are or you actually went to the relevant banking regulator and confirmed they were? Obvioulsy there is a big difference between those two things, just like Brett Commodities said they were a broker but in fact they were just thieves. I can find no reference to either Trade State on Grandway in google.

I deposited money into Grandway & Trade State accounts via HSBC & Bank of China.
They are not banks but registerd companies in Hong Kong but do not have any websites etc.
The law there requires a person (director) attends to sign relevant paperwork and present ID such as passport etc.
If this is the case then they must have information regarding who operates these companies and if my money has gone to them and I ask for it back then they must comply and pay it back if they don't have any relevant documentation to prove otherwise.
Does anyone know?