Boiler Room Scams

Some Good News

Right, after WEEKS of research, telephone calls, emails etc I can tell you all the following news.....

Investors Management Services
Dreikönigstrasse 31
8002 Zürich , Switzerland
PH: 0041 445 801 496
FAX: 0041 225 948 668

DOES EXIST and is a LEGITIMATE REGISTERED COMPANY. To clarify this and any other REGISTERED COMPANY go to zefix.ch - they are the equivalent of Companies House and Investors Management Services have been a registered company since 1977 - if you want to delve deeper, you will find their accounts, trading information etc etc.

Furthermore, go to Wells Fargo bank on the web, you may have to scroll through a lot of their blurb, but you will find a section on Company Identity Fraud, which will tell you about their stance and issues on how they have, and are having to deal with, boiler room scammers and how the scammers divert money to another company but definately not Wells Fargo. I don't need to mention Paco Oil really, because their website is transparent and I have emailed them direct when I was having my concerns and I have received instant telephone calls from IMS.

OK, so, you may still think I am foolish and that my £2000 is funding a nice holiday somewhere for someone and that my Paco Oil shares are worthless, but I am confident that I have done extreme homework on this matter,in particular finding the information about the company registration......only time will tell I guess....or someone else out there is going to challenge me and put forward something I hadn't considered previously!

Having had a very long conversation with IMS last night, they quite rightly pointed out that one of the bigger scammers are Investor Management Service.....NOTE THE ABSENCE OF THE "S" - the legit company are Investors Management Services

Thanks

jafdp

jafdp

You might have been lucky, but then are you actually sure that paco Oil is a proper company and not just some shell that's doing nothing with virtually no cash in the bank?

However, if you were cold called in the first place then I'd still put a large amount of money that you've been scammed, illegally or legally. Maybe the swiss company is legit but that still doesn't mean they haven't stuffed you up. Pacific Continental in London were registered by the FSA but still they bought cheap (basically worthles) shares from small comapanies and sold them at big premiums to their clients telling them there was easy money to be made. Now 90% of those clients wished they'd never heard of the company in the first place.

Why don't you try and sell 50% of your shares and see if the deal can be done in a day, if not then you've got a problem.

Good luck anyway.

Hi and thanks for your reply - you are absoloutely right of course - this still COULD be a scam - however, I have gone on to PACO OIL and this is what they say:

PACO OIL AND GAS INC. CLARIFICATION OF CORPORATE IDENTITY CONFUSION
May 22, 2008

SHERMAN, TX -- -May 22, 2008 -- PACO Oil and Gas Inc. (PINKSHEETS: POGC) (FRANKFURT: 4IP) – has received several inquiries concerning corporate identity confusion. It is apparent that other companies, incorporated in different jurisdictions, have a similar company name. While this isn’t out of the ordinary it has created some confusion. Therefore the company feels it necessary to once again clarify our corporate identity.
Paco Oil and Gas Inc., is incorporated in the State of Nevada. Our corporate headquarters are located in Sherman Texas. The company does all its financial transactions in Denton Texas. For more in depth information please visit us at HYPERLINK "http://www.pacopetroleum.com" \t "_blank" Pacopetroleum.com - Home . Also, should anyone have any questions please feel to contact us either by e-mail or by the telephone number provided below.

With regard to the shares, well, we can't sell them yet because the company hasn't gone public - hence why we purchased the shares at 50 c a share.......and this, of course, could be the poential place to kiss good by to our money.....what if the company never "goes public". Once again, I can only say that yes, we were very ignorant, yes, undoubtedly we should not have handed money over to a nice sounding chappy just because he contacted us for weeks on end, and no, I would not suggest that anyone goes ahead and does just that, unless, of course you can afford to potentially loose the money and you are happy to have endless sleepless nights worrying about what a complete plonker you have been! Only time will tell I guess......

Just had someone phone saying they were trying to help us they are not selling shares or buying them, dont know what its about says he is from Zurich, regulator SFBC his name is Daniel Richards . Company is called Hargreaves Brennan . just found out the information from him, he says he will phone back next week. We are thinking of altering our phone number. Anyone heard of these he swears he is legitment what does he want I dont know. I said are you a scammer

In a normal regulated broker, it is illegal to cold call any PERSON and they can only contact existing clients they know or other professionals, which doesn't seem to be the case!
investorseurope, offshore brokers, Forex, Fx, offshore derivatives: home
Pierre Boulle

Don't put it past these thieving scum to pretent to be a regulated broker. Basically if you fall for the sales pitch from ANY company that's not a brand name (E-Trade, TD Waterhouse, Barclays Stockbrokers etc, not that they'll cold you mind) that COLD CALLS you, 99% chance you're being setup and you'll never see your money (and potential profits) ever again.......

Don't put it past these thieving scum to pretent to be a regulated broker. Basically if you fall for the sales pitch from ANY company that's not a brand name (E-Trade, TD Waterhouse, Barclays Stockbrokers etc, not that they'll cold you mind) that COLD CALLS you, 99% chance you're being setup and you'll never see your money (and potential profits) ever again.......

I'm amazed that peope are so easily fooled. The Nigerian "you've won a milllion if you send us £5K" is still doing the rounds. Why are people so gullible?

UTB

Investors Management Services Zurich

What a scam and I fell for it.

If anybody knows how to now sell the shares I have in Wildwood Management, this information would be much appreciated.

Investors Management Services claim to have offices in Zurich, however according to the Swiss FSA equivalent these offices are nothing more than a phone and mail forwarding service.

thanks

I'm amazed that peope are so easily fooled. The Nigerian "you've won a milllion if you send us £5K" is still doing the rounds. Why are people so gullible?

Because that's what we humans are, often very gullible. We've ALL been scammed in the past one way or another, maybe just for a packet of crisps when at school but fooled nevertheless. And many of us, myself possibly included will be scammed again in the future, just hope it's only for a few pounds here and there.

The dangerous mentality to have however is to think it will never happen to us. All it take is for our anti-scam guards to be at 99% instead of 100% and it's game on for the crooks.

Yes, it's amazing but at the same time some very clever and switched on super-successful people have taken the bait. Looker, the poster on this thread mentioned something about the Chairman or de Beers being taken (or some similar character). And the FSA says the average profile of somebody caught up in a boiler room con is a middle class company director type.

Be on your guard everyone for ANYONE that wants your money including ALL big business. Look at PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) as an example, all the big banks knew they were selling policies to certain groups (self employed for example) that hadn't a chance of claiming (inthe small print it said self emplyed people were not eligable to claim) but they still sold them that worthless crap nevertheless.

So as I've always said the more research you do into ANYTHING you're buying the better chance you'll get a good deal AND be able to spot the con, legal or not. This is why the internet is YOUR BEST FRIEND for research. Imagine pre-internet how somebody could research the pros/cons of PPI within the hour, impossible. What you'd have to do is either speak to an IFA, many of whom would recommend it because they get a nice cut or buy a personal finance mag that happened to have an article explaining what to look out for in that month' issue. Or be an avid reader of the personal finance press every week which 99% of the population aren't. Many of them prefer to look at the pictures in articles like the 'top 10 celebrity tattoos' :-0:-0:-0

PS. By the way sometimes my spelling and grammer is not so good when I'm posting so I would like to aplogise in advance. I'm slightly dyslexic and as it's a message board cannot be bothered to copy/paste into Word to spellcheck. You know what I all mean though :)

PS. By the way sometimes my spelling and grammer is not so good when I'm posting so I would like to aplogise in advance. I'm slightly dyslexic and as it's a message board cannot be bothered to copy/paste into Word to spellcheck. You know what I all mean though :)

I'm not dyslexic at all, and my spelling and grammer are ****e.

UTB

Watch out for 'David Hemingway' of Hemingway Asset Management.

People who have bought Royal Petroleum are being called by him. He's saying that his firm has been asked by the Swiss Camber of Commerce to help former boiler room clients exit out of RP, and for guess what - a big profit!

BUT, there's always a but with these scammers -

First you have to agree to buy some shares in another company, likely Compaies West Group or Buffalo Boidiesel. And if you don't buy them then no chance on the RP profit.

What will happen of course is that any money you pay to these thieves will be stolen from you.

BEWARE everyone and don't trust ANYONE when it comes to people calling you offering to help. They'll be very nice, they'll share your pain, they'll be charming etc. But ALL of them are low life scum you only want to steal your money.

And of course David Hemingway of Hemingway Asset Management is only part of the origical crew that scammed people in the first place. How else do they know your name, number and how many shares you own.........

If in ANY doube ask questions on this message board and we'll look over things for you, making sure your money remains YOUR money.

Might sound like a silly question, but what is being done to stop these fraudsters from scamming people? I mean, are the authorities actually doing anything to try and track them down? Do the police taken action on the information we supply to them?

Last edited:
FDRA

The UK police are trying to track down some of this scum, they've been very successful in getting one man and his daughter arrested in the US and they're looking at 20 years+ if convicted. Plus it's a Federal crime (I think) which means Federal Prison and that's just not a good place to reside in the US.

But the main problem is that the thieves aren't based in the UK and are often hard to track down which means they cost a lot of money to investigate plus they have to deal with foreign police which means more paperwork etc.

Still, the Police are doing a hell of a lot more than they were doing a few years back.

Tell me how do you go about selling pink sheet shares that you have so you dont get scammed again.
everything seems to be a nightmare, and I wish also these scammers would be caught it does seem like that will never happen, so pleased I found this website nice to converse with someone honest.

Aggie

The easiest way not to get scammed in the future is to know who you're doing business with, so using a site like this to ask questions will be a real help. Then realise that people calling you in the future are most probably scammers especially if they 'offer' to help you with the current stock you own. Yes, they'll be charming, yes they'll share your pain, yes they'll be very nice and the story they tell you will likely be very convincing. But 99% chance they're scammers so don't fall for it UNLESS you fully check them out and I mean FULLY.

As for selling your pink sheet stocks I cannot help you there because I have no real experience. But you should perhaps prepare for the worst and assume that they can never really be sold, or if they can you won't receive a lot of money for them. Again, really sorry but on this thread we try and tell it honestly.

Good luck though, keep your eye open on the internet as you never know re your pink sheet stocks.

too good to be true

Hi guys
perhaps this will be a new one to you, and any advice is appreciated.
I was scamed about 2 yrs ago and really gave up on it as 'experiance'. I currently have 2400 worthless shares in a company called biosecurity, originally brought form js knight(ring any bells)and now managed!! by merceram.
But a company called lambert mcmillan rang saying i had 18000 shares in cobra energy (which i originally purchased, but thought was sold to buy the biosecurity) and they have a client wanting to buy them for $54000!!
MMmmm, so i did the NDA, then the stock purchase agreement, then the escrow form, then they said the shares need to be unregistered, and that the escrow company, who are albany-capital, will do that for $1000, $850 being payed to a third party lawyer.
They sound so genuine, and i am so tempted to go for it, help!!

As fickle as human beings we are. Your tempted by money. You haven't done enough or any research into it. You haven't read the forum good enough.

WAKE UP

It's people like you that keep these scum in business and pay for their lifestyle so they continue to scam others.

Hi guys
I was scamed about 2 yrs ago and really gave up on it as 'experiance'. I currently have 2400 worthless shares in a company called biosecurity, originally brought form js knight(ring any bells)and now managed!! by merceram.
But a company called lambert mcmillan rang saying i had 18000 shares in cobra energy (which i originally purchased, but thought was sold to buy the biosecurity) and they have a client wanting to buy them for $54000!!
MMmmm, so i did the NDA, then the stock purchase agreement, then the escrow form, then they said the shares need to be unregistered, and that the escrow company, who are albany-capital, will do that for $1000, $850 being payed to a third party lawyer.

Lol, you know what is really going on here or you wouldn't be posting, right? But if you really do still have the least shred of doubt, you simply agree with them to sell, authorise payment of fees from the proceeds, and request the balance be sent on to you. Easy request to fulfil if they are genuine, impossible if they are doing a scam (should give rise to some interesting excuses though!).

do not give anyone money who says they will buy your worthless shares and have the restrictions lifted for $1000. this is a sure scam and the same sort of deal we unfortunatly fell for and lost alot of money, we did not know about this forum at the time so had no idea. This sounds like Priority Venture Mgmt all over again ,you have been warned .Do be careful and not follish we live with regrets every day

Hi guys

Is this a wind up?

come on you've been scammed once already - now someone you don't know phones you up out of the blue and wants money from you again.... :whistling