BinaryBet.com

Has any one here get involved in the IG FTSE Frenzy of 5 min expiries 4pm-4,25pm ?

It looks insane, 1 min delay before it starts, stops allowing exits 1 min before end = 3 mins to get it right.

DaxTrader said:
Has any one here get involved in the IG FTSE Frenzy of 5 min expiries 4pm-4,25pm ?

It looks insane, 1 min delay before it starts, stops allowing exits 1 min before end = 3 mins to get it right.
Yep. Its very exciting and you can make huge gains in a few secs but over a small period of time they will fleece you and your gains will just go straight back to them. As soon as they delay your instruction to close a trade early to either limit losses or bank gains then that is what will cancel out any profits made. Because you only have a 4min window to manage your trade (30 secs @ the start & end of the 5 mins timeframe are closed as IG believe this is required to prevent clients getting confused with which markets they are trading on. Yeah right!!) then all the other posts you may have read about IG interferring with the trade to suit them apply tenfold as the smaller timeframe causes the binary deltas to move extreme amounts. 60-80 point movements in the blink of an eye are not uncommon. Incredible if you are sitting on the right side of this otherwise deadly.

It can be used now & again if you are very confident of the future trend but even then IG can mysteriously block you from this by rejecting the trade or moving the market so far away it is not worthwhile. For example you notice the Dow has just dropped 30 points & is going south, the FTSE closes in 10 mins so obviously the future FTSE binary for 4.20-4.25 is most probably going to be down. IG will sometimes close that market early to prevent you jumping the gun.

Bottom line is you cannot profit in the long term but once in a while it can give you some profit as long as they have not delayed your trade due to you either being a consistent & or recent winner.

If IG were fair about executing trades instantly then they would get eaten alive. That tells you all you need to know really...

rav700 said:
I have been trading for 2 years now ..my advise after over at least 5000 trades with binary is stay away from them..Dont get me wrong you can make profits from them but not with consistency as a lot of market hedging occurs to me it pure manipulation of the market..my bets are that they have got someone who hegdes against what you do at the last momment depending on how much you have laid....
As I said there are some stratergies which you can use and you can make a guaranteed profit.but these opps only come 7 or 8 times a month....
Please take care while trading.I know a lot traders that have been burnt heavily...
I am attatching an example of the profit that can be made.......I aint got nothing to sell..I am just trying to help you mate...
Rav
Happy trading :LOL:

You obviously havent tried this system on the binaries? I am making some serious cash on this every day, comes with step by step guide on the technical indicators for binaries and all the software and data feeds of the actual real time DOW at 1 minute level with it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280011292573&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

bearfaced said:
You obviously havent tried this system on the binaries? I am making some serious cash on this every day, comes with step by step guide on the technical indicators for binaries and all the software and data feeds of the actual real time DOW at 1 minute level with it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280011292573&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
If anyone believes that any system can help you beat the 5 min binary markets you are sadly mistaken as your counterpart (binarybet.com) in this instance will always have the upper hand as they can manipulate your entry/exit strategy to suit them. Unless binaries become FSA regulated this is unlikely to ever change.

In those 4 min windows you have to trade the binary delta can move an extreme amount and nothing on earth can prevent you from sustaining heavy losses if it turns against you. To be fair to BB when the market does turn they cannot give an instant fill so you will get a price reject as their system just cannot cope with all the price action on these events as you are not the only one on the planet who is trading/notices a sudden movement...

I estimate that an experienced bin trader may be able to have odds of 75/25 in his/her favour but that 25 combined with the lack of instant fills is the problem & prime reason you cannot prosper over any length of time. Most TA is unreliable over a 4 min window.

Having spoken to traders @ BB I understand that the majority of their clients lose money. Only an elite few have long track records of consistent profits.

Greed Is Good said:
If anyone believes that any system can help you beat the 5 min binary markets you are sadly mistaken as your counterpart (binarybet.com) in this instance will always have the upper hand as they can manipulate your entry/exit strategy to suit them. Unless binaries become FSA regulated this is unlikely to ever change.

In those 4 min windows you have to trade the binary delta can move an extreme amount and nothing on earth can prevent you from sustaining heavy losses if it turns against you. To be fair to BB when the market does turn they cannot give an instant fill so you will get a price reject as their system just cannot cope with all the price action on these events as you are not the only one on the planet who is trading/notices a sudden movement...

I estimate that an experienced bin trader may be able to have odds of 75/25 in his/her favour but that 25 combined with the lack of instant fills is the problem & prime reason you cannot prosper over any length of time. Most TA is unreliable over a 4 min window.

Having spoken to traders @ BB I understand that the majority of their clients lose money. Only an elite few have long track records of consistent profits.

Some interesting points you rais and yes I completely agree that these bucket shops are completely able to manipulate the market, which is why I only trade the hourly trends using finspreads or IGIndex (FSA regulated). I have generated 2000% return this year.

bearfaced said:
Some interesting points you rais and yes I completely agree that these bucket shops are completely able to manipulate the market, which is why I only trade the hourly trends using finspreads or IGIndex (FSA regulated). I have generated 2000% return this year.

1) Binary bets are NOT currently FSA regulated

2) I thought it was meant to return 2000% in 3 weeks? :p

Hi, Great post.But why do they do this(manipulate entry/exit strategy)while they will make money anyhow from spread. I would appreciate your insight.

Greed Is Good said:

Bearfaced......IG and Finspreads might (in theory) be regulated by the FSA, but trying to prove unfair practice with regard to binary bet "manipulation" would be very difficult, if not impossible

Hi I don't think it would be difficult to prove that accounts are set to manual or slow trading. Would this be against the rules if binaries came under FSA? I don't know.

Pippppin said:
Bearfaced......IG and Finspreads might (in theory) be regulated by the FSA, but trying to prove unfair practice with regard to binary bet "manipulation" would be very difficult, if not impossible

Bintrader said:
Hi I don't think it would be difficult to prove that accounts are set to manual or slow trading. Would this be against the rules if binaries came under FSA? I don't know.

It could possibly be against the rules, the thing is that binaries are unlikely to be FSA regulated in the near future (and may never be).

If binaries did come under the remit of the FSA, maybe it would. However, the terms and conditions of most spreadbetting companies give them almost unlimited scope to behave as they choose, which is presumably why so many traders find it difficult to take them seriously

bizmanny said:
Hi, Great post.But why do they do this(manipulate entry/exit strategy)while they will make money anyhow from spread. I would appreciate your insight.
Because they can make more money by doing so as they appear to have the ability to view their realtime exposure even down to individual accounts so changing the balance will manipulate anyone with a large open position to reconsider drastically!! Shaking the tree is I believe one of the terms for this tactic.

Believe me it works for them as I was a victim of this last year when I had a £185 per point trade which stood to generate £2.5K when they tampered with the underlying so that it suddenly dropped from 94 to 70ish so I was suddenly looking @ a £2.5K loss then they mysteriously moved it back to 88 so I decided to close the position and literally as soon as I had the underlying shot back up to 98! All the while the FTSE100 & FTSE Futures were only moving a few points and no global news which could affect the markets was evident.

That stuck in my mind so I noted it down but there have been other trades with smaller amounts where I felt strongly I was being manipulated so took less profit.

I have spoken to several of their traders & they freely admitted to me that they do market make as & when they feel the need to generate a certain level of business per market.

Another underhand tactic is when you have a lot of capital in your account with them (usually 5 figures +) & you also make consistent profits their traders have to manually close winning trades over a certain level and they seem reluctant to do so the same day unless you hassle them via the phone. This I have learnt is because they re-check their buy & sell quotes to you for pricing errors before approving the winning funds even though you already have a valid accepted quote. Yet another way of reducing your profits when you require the trading funds in your account to trade another market (which for me used to be typically the Dow after the FTSE binaries closed).

To Greed is good.
Thank you for sharing your observation.
Most of what you say i found to be true. Most of what you say have happened to me as well last year. But at time i didn't understand what's was going on.

I always thought there are 1000's of traders trade at any time so they wouldn't concretrate or mind any one single individual. Because he is just one fish in ocean. Also they do get their spread for every trade. How naive?

It is more so on FTSE than DOW. I think it is easier to manipulate FTSE. Is this your experience as well.

Greed Is Good said:
Because they can make more money by doing so as they appear to have the ability to view their realtime exposure even down to individual accounts so changing the balance will manipulate anyone with a large open position to reconsider drastically!! Shaking the tree is I believe one of the terms for this tactic.

Believe me it works for them as I was a victim of this last year when I had a £185 per point trade which stood to generate £2.5K when they tampered with the underlying so that it suddenly dropped from 94 to 70ish so I was suddenly looking @ a £2.5K loss then they mysteriously moved it back to 88 so I decided to close the position and literally as soon as I had the underlying shot back up to 98! All the while the FTSE100 & FTSE Futures were only moving a few points and no global news which could affect the markets was evident.

That stuck in my mind so I noted it down but there have been other trades with smaller amounts where I felt strongly I was being manipulated so took less profit.

I have spoken to several of their traders & they freely admitted to me that they do market make as & when they feel the need to generate a certain level of business per market.

Another underhand tactic is when you have a lot of capital in your account with them (usually 5 figures +) & you also make consistent profits their traders have to manually close winning trades over a certain level and they seem reluctant to do so the same day unless you hassle them via the phone. This I have learnt is because they re-check their buy & sell quotes to you for pricing errors before approving the winning funds even though you already have a valid accepted quote. Yet another way of reducing your profits when you require the trading funds in your account to trade another market (which for me used to be typically the Dow after the FTSE binaries closed).

Greed Is Good said:

if you are positive they are trying to tree-shake you then fill your boots and stay patient!

bizmanny said:
To Greed is good.
Thank you for sharing your observation.
Most of what you say i found to be true. Most of what you say have happened to me as well last year. But at time i didn't understand what's was going on.

I always thought there are 1000's of traders trade at any time so they wouldn't concretrate or mind any one single individual. Because he is just one fish in ocean. Also they do get their spread for every trade. How naive?

It is more so on FTSE than DOW. I think it is easier to manipulate FTSE. Is this your experience as well.
More so on the FTSE.

jules101 said:
if you are positive they are trying to tree-shake you then fill your boots and stay patient!
Easier said than done when you have up to £18K @ risk!! However I no longer risk anywhere near that level and am unlikely to ever do so again.

Greed Is Good said:
Easier said than done when you have up to £18K @ risk!! However I no longer risk anywhere near that level and am unlikely to ever do so again.

I can understand exactly where you are coming from hence when I am trading binaries 80% of the time I never look at live prices only the 1- 5 min interval charts also have 10 mins T.A when I am trading bins...

As Far as £'s a point I only trade heavy twice a month ie £100-150 other wise 20-30 on trading days

Best of luck happy trading..
Rav

Greed Is Good said:

Well said, The key is to risk small amount. That way one might be able to ride out the volatility (tree shaking).

Greed Is Good said:
So if I understand you well, you mean that they give different clients different quotes? Because you have a potentially big profit (high expected value) they give you worse quotes to trade on than to other traders who doesn't need to trade out?

Are you sure about this?