Betfair Trader?

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

I must admit my strike rate is nowhere near 100%- I don't suppose you have any tips on getting that kind of accuracy? :)

Out of interest, how could you make money if you lost 90% of trades? Are you referring to a risky all-or-nothing style of trading where you either make over 10 ticks' profit or lose the trade? Are there situations where you would recommend such an approach?

Regards

Jeff

The answer is simple, all prices in a betting market are definately related. In a stock market they are not necessarily related. As Paul says, there is also a lot of volatility and this can help get your order filled. I can get astonishing fill rates, near 100%, without any skill, but of course, trading at random does not ensure profitability at all. Some people assume that because you get over 50% you are sure to make money. Conversely you could still make money even if you lost 90% of trades, it's all a question of style.

I have just stumbled across quite a good peice of betfair trading software called Betgizmo . It actually has trading quantities displayed in the trading ladder which makes it very easy to determine which way the action is going.

My trading has improved in the last two weeks using BetGizmo, now I just need to beat up BT ang get a more reliable internet connection.

Last edited:
Worst peice of spam ever. Looks like you haven't bothered to contact Betfair either else you would know immediately that you were in breach of some of their terms and you wouldn't have been allowed to release the software.

For your info I am not a spammer, I normal post on Betting Forums - Powered by eve community and have until recently been a UK dog better, but have recently started to move over to betfair trading. My skillset is still improving, so I thought it might be useful finding out what software other traders use, racingtrader is a bit expensive for me.

I happened across this forum while looking around for betfair trading advice.

Not a spammer and then posts a link, ROFL! Quite remarkable how nobody apart from you has ever heard of this non approved software. You would do better scraping the product and starting again it's awful. The site is dreadful also and when I clicked on the contact link it got stuck in a endless loop. Don't know how anybody other than somebody looking to promote it would even think about a recommendation.

Anybody reading this thread should visit Betfair Solutions Directory and stick to Betfair approved software.