best futures broker

Only this way! No doubt!

You may want to look at http://www.fairvaluefutures.com/ they also are intermediaries
to Rosenthal collins group just like global is but they are offering ninjatrader with the zenfire feed free which global do not , also they can demo ninja-zenfire for a month and have recently dropped their min.account requirements from $5000 to $2500 ,definatley worth a look at as they are UK based, I have a couple of accounts with them personally.

You may want to look at http://www.fairvaluefutures.com/ they also are intermediaries
to Rosenthal collins group just like global is but they are offering ninjatrader with the zenfire feed free which global do not , also they can demo ninja-zenfire for a month and have recently dropped their min.account requirements from $5000 to $2500 ,definatley worth a look at as they are UK based, I have a couple of accounts with them personally.

Unfortunately when I rang them, they said they'll get someone back to me. This has been a few weeks now and still no reply.:mad:

Sorry gmarx, but if it's with any other broker at least they'll tell by phone or even send an e-mail with the breakdown of the prices (ie Platform fees/commission charges). Whether I go with them or not at least they have the courtesy to reply back for which I respect them for.

As for Fairvaluefutures, looks like they don't want my business.

Thanks for your consulting me

I got letter from First Prudential Markets

Open a FPM CFD Account and REALise the DMA difference.
Open a Direct Market Access CFD account today and receive for 2 months:
Intro CFD Commission rate – 0.05% with $1 minimum*
FREE webIRESS platform*
Only First Prudential Markets' Direct Market Access CFDs deliver all the following features:
Complete price transparency
Guaranteed REAL market prices
Identical market liquidity and full market depth
Ability to participate in all market phases including pre-open and closing auction
webIRESS platform offering CFDs & shares on one platform
Access to entire range of Australian Shares CFDs from just 3% margin

First Prudential Markets – your REAL trading advantage

*Standard commission of 0.10% with $10 minimum applies thereafter. webIRESS platform fee and ASX royalties are waived for 2 calendar months. Standard webIRESS fee of $55 per month and $38.50 ASX royalties applies thereafter. webIRESS and ASX royalties can be waived ongoing if commission generated exceeds $100 per month.
Commission, interest, platform fees, variation margin and other fees and charges may apply to financial products or service available from First Prudential Markets. A Product Disclosure Statements can be obtained from www.fpmarkets.com.au and should be considered before entering into transactions with us. Derivatives can be risky, and losses can exceed your initial deposit. First Prudential Markets Pty Ltd (ABN 16 112 600 281, AFS Licence No. 286354).

and from Global Futures

Thank you for your demo request. The Turbo 2 demo has been emailed to you and your 2 weeks free trial starts today. Let me know if you need assistance.

We don’t have any minimum required to open an account to trade the mini dow on Turbo 2 platform. Our day margin is only $500 per contract.

Below are the instructions to open a Futures account with us at Global Futures .

To open an account, please click on link below and make sure to select Rosenthal Collins Group (RCG) as the clearing firm.

http://www.globalfutures.com/futures/accounts/new.asp?refid=Michelle

In addition to the online application, please sign the attached forms:

Global Risk Disclosure
Signature Page

Also, please provide a copy of the following:

Driver license or passport
Utility bill or bank statement to verify address.

Please fax all to 1-818-728-0421 Attention Michelle
Or you may send a scanned copy to my email [email protected]

I recommend Cannon Trading as the best futures broker... good commissions, a ton of choices for platform/clearinghouse combinations and superb customer service. I agree w/ a poster earlier in the thread who said to haggle for commissions no matter where you go - brokers can always go lower but they'll have no motivation to do so unless you push them!

Other futures brokers I've heard good things about from personal acquaintances - i.e. not just on the internet - include OEC and Infinity (which was mentioned earlier as well), though my wholehearted rec is behind Cannon. Good luck.

P.s. I trade CL, ES and YM 5-20 round turns a day mostly on Ninjatrader... thought it was worth mentioning because your experience w/ a broker can be very dependent upon your trading style.

Oops... realized this was older than I thought after posting. Regardless, my rec stands and some of the earlier posts also had good advice still worth reading even a year later.

Hi iv been looking at similar places..... please refer to my thread in Trading from home!

I have picked out a few places namely:

Global futures, MF Global, Velocity, AMP Trading, Advantage Futures & Infinity!

IMO Global Futures, Velocity and MF Global are most competitive!

I found Global Futures and Amp to be too pushy. They were constantly calling me and emailing me to open an account. I went with Mirus Futures and clear through Dorman.

I found Global Futures and Amp to be too pushy. They were constantly calling me and emailing me to open an account. I went with Mirus Futures and clear through Dorman.

How were the rates for clearing through Dorman? W/ Cannon Trading I clear through PFG... pretty competitive but I don't know much about the Mirus/Dorman combination.

There is no such thing as "best"
First, you look at the platform, second you look at the prices of the market data, thirdly you look at stability and how fast it is executed. The last 2 variables are commissions and technical support. Always ask if commissions are all in or there is exchange on top.

If you are look for deep discounted commissions: Trader's Platform: Deep Discount Commissions

The only drawback for small guys is that they won't open accounts with less 5K

All I got to say is stay away from Infinity Futures. After the MF Global thing hit, I've been fighting close to a month to try and get my money out. I keep getting lies and the run around.

If you are with them, I wouldn't wait. There are better, more trustworthy brokers out there.

All I got to say is stay away from Infinity Futures. After the MF Global thing hit, I've been fighting close to a month to try and get my money out. I keep getting lies and the run around.

If you are with them, I wouldn't wait. There are better, more trustworthy brokers out there.

could you name them plz?

could you name them plz?

First, always go with a broker that allows ACH transfers (direct and free transfers to your bank). If this truly is going to be your business, then obviously you are going to pay yourself a "salary" and need to make regular withdrawals. Infinity Futures does not offer ACH transfers. Instead, you have to physically call and go through a process of forms in order to receive a check by mail (I am still fighting for my first withdrawal). Imagine doing that 1-2 times a month.

They give some lame excuse that futures brokers aren't allows to do ACH transfers.

So, to my point, I recommend Interactive Brokers (IB), who is also a futures trading firm (as well as many other products), which DOES allows ACH transfers (deposits and withdrawals). Hmm, I see a problem with Infinity's logic. I've also gone through the process many times of opening, depositing, and withdrawing with IB. In all cases, it was super smooth. I am still their customer.

First, always go with a broker that allows ACH transfers (direct and free transfers to your bank). If this truly is going to be your business, then obviously you are going to pay yourself a "salary" and need to make regular withdrawals. Infinity Futures does not offer ACH transfers. Instead, you have to physically call and go through a process of forms in order to receive a check by mail (I am still fighting for my first withdrawal). Imagine doing that 1-2 times a month.

They give some lame excuse that futures brokers aren't allows to do ACH transfers.

So, to my point, I recommend Interactive Brokers (IB), who is also a futures trading firm (as well as many other products), which DOES allows ACH transfers (deposits and withdrawals). Hmm, I see a problem with Infinity's logic. I've also gone through the process many times of opening, depositing, and withdrawing with IB. In all cases, it was super smooth. I am still their customer.

but why are you withInfinity Futures then?

transfer your acct as it is to Interactive Brokers and that's all

(is your post some sort of marketing of Interactive Brokers?)

but why are you withInfinity Futures then?

transfer your acct as it is to Interactive Brokers and that's all

(is your post some sort of marketing of Interactive Brokers?)

I'm trying not to be with Infinity Futures, thus I am closing my account and having to fight to actually get my money... which was the point of my original post.

You're the one who asked for a recommendation for a broker. If this was an ad for IB, why wouldn't I mention them in my first post? Forget IB, go with any broker you want. I'm just saying to avoid Infinity Futures.

Best of luck in your trading.

I'm trying not to be with Infinity Futures, thus I am closing my account and having to fight to actually get my money... which was the point of my original post.

You're the one who asked for a recommendation for a broker. If this was an ad for IB, why wouldn't I mention them in my first post? Forget IB, go with any broker you want. I'm just saying to avoid Infinity Futures.

Best of luck in your trading.

I've heard most people w/ money held by MF are having problems getting it back, I'm not sure if that's specific to Infinity or not.