Beat The Broker Compo!

I'm £4,000 pp short DAX.

Good luck closing that,
Normally I'd say that I hope it whipsaws you big style but you're supposed to be my wingman - I need to reign you in.

Would be more than happy meeting you both (and getting you to open accounts :) but ......Devon!!)

Whats the night life like?
Tom,
Please remember I'm an old git and very married. Being young, you won't know what this means - so I'll enlighten you. . . At this time of year, my 'nightlife' consists of cuddling Mrs Timsk on the sofa, each of us in our slippers with a blanket over our knees ('tis drafty down 'ere in Devon) with a cup of Ovaltine in our hands, watching strictly cum dancing. You're welcome to join us if you'd like . . .
:cheesy:

Just out of interest. Are there any traders using indicators.

I don't. I know TD doesn't, and I'm gonna take a guess and say that Goose and Mic do not either

I don't. I know TD doesn't, and I'm gonna take a guess and say that Goose and Mic do not either

No indicators here.

I peaked at 11th place a few minutes ago. That was before my stops got hit--- grrr.

Untitled.jpg

I'm £4,000 pp short DAX.

I'm bluffing, I was actually £300 pp long.

There is another few k to the balance.

Still got some way to go though.

The funny thing is that I am making a sh*tload of fake money and losing a sh*tload of real money.

Actually its not that funny at all.

Do you mean for my general trading?

I haven't really for the competition, no.

Ian

Nice when these fibs work out so well. Though I did think it would drop further before going up again.

Attachments

• Bounce.JPG
    Bounce.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 145
Whoa - not sure what happened there. I closed a profitable trade and 5K is docked off my account.. :(

Oh well.

I've just made possibly the worst trade of my life and bought the high in Gold.

Open P/L:£-19,700.00

LOL

I've just made possibly the worst trade of my life and bought the high in Gold.

Open P/L:£-19,700.00

LOL

I'm guilty of over-trading. If I'd have set a wide stop and let the trades run I'd be further up the board now.

Unfortunately spanish stops aren't going to win the competition today.

I did try trading futures both ways and just pocketing the winners - but I kept running out of margin. If I didn't have to use stops that would be a viable strategy as you wouldn't have to close the losers out before the end of the day.

Of course, if the 20k is coming my way, then the platform will be the best thing since sliced bread.....well for 3 months at any rate ! :D

Edit....Hi Mic :cheesy:

As I work for Spreadex, I'm not going to make any comments about the site, I don't feel it is fair. I will cut them a lot of slack because it is only a demo account and Mic did say in his diary the real one is a lot slicker but on Hoggum's point, unless you specify a ceratin trade then it will close trades on a FIFO basis!

I think unless the market was fast, you probably closed out the first one in, which if you've got multiple is invariably a loser (in this comp)

But i do think they should send us all some nice champers, just for the sheer number of posts we have made!

Oh yeah CV - Kiss arsse!!!

Last edited:
13k behind the winner...but please everyone confess...who is holding some huge winners that they've not closed yet?

As I work for Spreadex, I'm not going to make any comments about the site, I don't feel it is fair. I will cut them a lot of slack because it is only a demo account and Mic did say in his diary the real one is a lot slicker but on Hoggum's point, unless you specify a ceratin trade then it will close trades on a FIFO basis!

I think unless the market was fast, you probably closed out the first one in, which if you've got multiple is invariably a loser (in this comp)

But i do think they should send us all some nice champers, just for the sheer number of posts we have made!

Oh yeah CV - Kiss arsse!!!

:LOL:

As Mic stated over and over in his diary entry.....it's a game !

Glad we're all having fun playing the game and some banter thrown in for good measure :)