BBC News....WE need more women Managers

alanp314

I do not think so.

They are part of the problem when it comes to sex in the work place.

I have a women friend who is a manager in a major FTSE100 Bank and the stories she gets from the women who are above her are just a joke. "Women talk all the time as they have to let others know what they have done.....makes them feel special". They only get there by sleeping around. The male managers all have wifes at home with children but they just cannot help it when a younger girl flirts with them.
Most women just cant help wearing inapproriate clothes as they always seek attention from men. But we cannot tell them to wear decent clothes as they will scream and cry "sex discrimination", BUT all the guys have to wear suits without exeption. Can you imagine if a guys turned up in a suit with SHORTS because it's the height of summer.

So it really winds me up when I hear of a slapper in a top job getting there by sleeping around. They are running things in these jobs, THATS why standards are worse than ever in this country. Don't get me wrong as there are decent women who do a decent hard working job out there but by getting these jobs by using there body and not there brains is just............!!

Piece said

Thanks for reading.

Alan

Most women just cant help wearing inapproriate clothes
So, the basic position is that a woman cannot attain a reasonable management position unless she sleeps around, flirts. or dresses like a hooker?

Where to start? Firstly, if this were in fact true, perhaps the question might be asked WHY would the average, competent woman with an IQ above shoe size fell obligated to do this? Could it be that women in SOME companies/industries play a game according to rules set by the exisitng male hierarchy? Reverse the roles - as men, how many of us would happily be walking into work in cycling shorts with shaved legs in mid-January were that, incomprehensibly, considered sexy by our female overlords?

Whilst I firmly believe women think/react differently to men in many situations, that doesn't imply inferiority - I do accept that many play a game, based on perception of an unwritten set of rules, and some quite inferior (female) brains get promoted far beyond where they should as a result... but for every one like that I bet there are 10 ugly women labouring far below their level of competence - and who's fault, ultimately, is that?

Of course sometimes we see positive discrimination - a woman is promoted in preference to a better qualified man, and we get annoyed.... rightly so... but we tend to remember that one occasion rather than the still disproportionate number of males promoted above a more competent female.

I don't think it's fair to blame women for taking advantage of flaws in male nature - who's to blame here, the woman in the short skirt or the idiot manager who regarded nice legs as being a top notch CV?

(I wouldn't, I suspect, pick the BBC to illustrate 'superior management' anyhow).

I have a women friend
Betcha you can't name another!

BBC News....WE need more women Managers
I do not think so.
Alan

I've worked with (for?) managers of both sexes and found you get nice/nasty, competent/useless etc etc regardless. Overall, I found women to be more efficient, less lazy and better organised than the average bloke - who will leave you to get on (and do nothing, if you are that way inclined). A decent-looking female (boss or otherwise) can brighten up a boring day. Unfortunately, the opposite also applies.

There is the comment..."if you want a job done, then ask a busy woman!" - I often found this to be true.

I think it only fair to say that my anecdotal evidence above is in the context of the Civil Service (I did a short stretch not very long ago) where incompetence / lack of managerial ability etc etc were never grounds for sacking but any form of impropriety is the ultimate crime (didn't learn that from their political bosses did they?)

So it really winds me up when I hear of a slapper in a top job getting there by sleeping around.

Well, from what I've witnessed over the years, most men that go up the ladder have to perform similar acts as well, speaking metaphorically of course.

( bet you can see the bitterness and resentment just oozing out of this post can't you :cheesy: )

and now to the sexist remark.....

you can be sitting in the office with half a dozen or so women, if any one of the women gets up and leaves the room those remaining will immediately start slagging her off behind her back.

The number of times I've seen this happen.

dd

Last edited:
I have absolutely zero doubts that the world would be a FAR better and peaceful place if we had more women running the show.

It is the same reason that makes many women better traders than men, it is less about counterproductive ego, more about productive results with our opposite sex.

Not to forget that the view on TV during the news would be far kinder on the eyes as well, and as far as I am concerned, some guys trying to lay down the ground rule on what they call "decent" clothing, well, the faster that that is ignored the better for the rest of us is what I say.

All in all something I am very much in favour of, women running the show.

Yes Ma'am :)

Yep. Well, for 3 weeks every month...

:whistling

I reckon they are better than men even in that one week. Bloody ungrateful, we men are. Women think everything is our fault during that week, and they are right too. What woman would get away with being George Bush, eh? We are cursed, we are.:D

On a serious note, one thing I've noticed is that the good female managers tend to be a bit more serious than the equivalent male manager. Maybe this is because they feel that in order to be taken seriously, they have to act that bit more professional.

And, all of the female managers I've had have been very good.