Bayer Investments - a boiler room?

We have already requested they take the fees out of the profits.

I telephoned Bayer independently with a fictitious name, said I thought we had shares bought through them, could they sell them, could we meet to discuss. Over a week later they rang back saying that there were indeed share certificates registered in the fictitious name and suggested that if I could find the actual certificates I should sell them through my bank! I've suggested to my father he takes the actual certs to his bank and asks if they can sell them. I don't give much hope as many are restricted and within the 12 month limit.

Can you tell me names of the contacts at Bayer? Did they sell shares in the firms listed above?

I've reported them to FSA and hope to see their name appear on the firms operating abroad boiler room list. But I need to find more people who have been duped and encourage them to do the same.

Many thanks

Have you got a contact number for Bayer? I`d love to see if they are the same guys who called us from Luxembourg calling themselves Prestige Asset Management

My husband was cold called by a well spoken young man calling himself Matthew Barclay, last June, who persuaded him to buy shares in China Voice Holdings Corp. He also was calling from Luxembourg, it seems too much a coincidence that Bayer Investments also seem to be based there! He said he worked for Pretige Asset Management, I believe their address is 18-20, Rue Eugene Ruppert, L-2453 Luxembourg.
Telephone number 00 352 20202412
The man calling himself Matthew ( I believe this was a fictitious name) had a colleague called Benedict Alexander.
These two guys ruthlessly cold called us giving false information and by their persuasion got my husband to buy 3 lots of shares in China Voice Holdings, on 3 different occasions. Shares in Xiivia and NextGen Bioscience. - it just seemd too much of a coincidence that these are the same companies your father, like my husband was conned into investing with! He had no idea that he was buying Regualation S Shares, they gave him the impression that he could resell them at any time!
The Commission de Survelliance du Secteur Financier in Luxembourg warned the public of the activities of Prestige Asset Management on 5th February 2008. I`m afraid we didn`t pick this up until recently but it appears the 2 thieves mentioned above have flown the nest and when phoned there is just a reply " the other person has hung up".
The money for the purchase of shares with China Voice Holdings Corp was paid into a bank account called Equinox 1, 1000057968090 Sun Trust Bank, 6218 U.S. Hwy 19 New Port Richey Florida 34652. This is also too much of a coincidence as this is where the Gunters live and I believe that they are signatories for this account! All their assets are frozen and their accounts are under police investigation.
You must have also realised that trading of Xiivia was frozen in December and the courts have frozen the assets of the directors of this sham company and ordered them to account for and repatriate investor funds, and appointed a temporary receiver for various companies controlled by the them.
As far as NextGen BioScience, they seem to be a fairly reputable company- you can speak to their lawyer on 0207 2478186 - U.K. number!
There is a lot more I could add to all this but I believe the police will track these criminals down.
I too have contacted the FEC and the SEC as well as the Fraud Dept of London police at Operation Archway!
It is good to get heads together over this as we can put the jigsaw together and get a better picture of how to tackle this.
I feel really sorry for your father, he really needs to be supported. My husband feels bad also that he has been so gullible and stupid but money isn`t everything and our love and support of each other counts for far more.
I will tell you more of my investigations into this another time as I think I`ve written enough for you to take in already.
Take care and tell your Dad that we can all be taken in by evil people! and anyone who hasn`t made a mistake in life probably hasn`t made anything.
We will endevour to track these crooks down but 2 heads are better the 1!
Thanks for what you have done to start this link! Ceri

Quote- the phone number for Bayer was 0800 3112752 (apparently a UK number but calls must be transferred to Luxembourg) and my caller was Michael Richards. I had previous calls from Empire Investments - also in Luxembourg - but they stopped when I refused to swallow. Both are now on the FSA "dodgy" website.
Regards
ugoida

Hi all,

TIme for a quick update; my mate has been to the bank and they have had a look at everything he has. They have told him they will look into it and get back to him as soon as they have gone through everything and got some concrete answers to all of his questions and advise him what to do next etc. However, they have informed him that it may take up to a month to sort it all out but they will contact him as soon as possible.

Does anyone else have any news?

Suspect my father who had dealings with bayer has lost his entire life savings.
Companies in which he was sold shares (often restricted, not for sale in US etc) include:

St. James Capital Holdings Inc
Magellan Engery Ltd
Financial Media Group Inc
All Capital Services LLC
Evolution Global Capital Partners Inc
Saviour Energy Corp
Homeland Safety Internalional Inc
WIFI Wireless Inc
Nextgen Bioscience Inc
Xiiva Holdings Inc
China Voice Holdings Inc

Thanks

St James Capital Holdings was a share that Empire Investments tried to sell me - they are/were operating out of Luxembourg last year and are on the FSA list of dubious overseas "advisers".Quote

has anyone heard of Prestige Asset Management

St James Capital Holdings was a share that Empire Investments tried to sell me - they are/were operating out of Luxembourg last year and are on the FSA list of dubious overseas "advisers".Quote

I am still trying to get my head around all this!
I am probably on the wrong thread as the people who contacted me were Prestige Asset Management based in Luxembourg but must be closely linked to Bayer as we were sold resticted Shares in:-
China Voice Holding Corps
Xiivia
NextGen BioScience
which seem to be the same shares that Bayer promote!
I believe China Voice Holding Corps shares are linked with Paul Gunter in Florida as the account for the money to be paid to is Equinox Escrow( he and his daughter are account holders of this) I will write to the Bank Manger of their bank in New Port Richey to give him all my information!
Has anyone else sent money to a Sun Trust Bank in New Port Richey, Florida

How is your Dad?

Suspect my father who had dealings with bayer has lost his entire life savings.
Companies in which he was sold shares (often restricted, not for sale in US etc) include:

St. James Capital Holdings Inc
Magellan Engery Ltd
Financial Media Group Inc
All Capital Services LLC
Evolution Global Capital Partners Inc
Saviour Energy Corp
Homeland Safety Internalional Inc
WIFI Wireless Inc
Nextgen Bioscience Inc
Xiiva Holdings Inc
China Voice Holdings Inc

Thanks
Are you O.K.?
We haven`t heard from you since you sent this!
I hope your Dad is alright, it must be such a horrible thing to happen to an older man. He probably feels foolish and is going through a grieving process.
Have you been in touch with the U.K. number I gave for NextGen BioScience? Can you find out who he sent the money to for their shares (that`s if they are legitimate shares!) if it is BBNE Consulting LLC St Petersburg - I will do all my best to find out as much as I can about them!

Are you O.K.?
We haven`t heard from you since you sent this!
I hope your Dad is alright, it must be such a horrible thing to happen to an older man. He probably feels foolish and is going through a grieving process.
Have you been in touch with the U.K. number I gave for NextGen BioScience? Can you find out who he sent the money to for their shares (that`s if they are legitimate shares!) if it is BBNE Consulting LLC St Petersburg - I will do all my best to find out as much as I can about them!

Apologies - I'm rather busy. Dad has not done as I asked - doesn't see the point. I did printout this thread and gave it to him on Sunday. Perhaps your latest message will encourage him. He has seen an IFA. Problem is he has bought shares not just from Bayer but from one or two other companies and he doesn't remember too well from whom he bought them - it needs me to go through all the paperwork methodically. China Voice Holdings he bought through another cold caller! I can't find anything that says Xiiva has ceased trading, when I googled them.

I am concerned about him. He's trying to get rid of furniture and ornaments and so on (by giving them away to charity and not asking us three kids if we want any of it, or checking whether any of it has any value!), and tidying the garden. I think he's panicking and thinks he will have to sell the family home. All this is getting rather personal/private for a forum - would you be happy to correspond via email?

cdylic

Do I need to send my e mail address to you?

Apologies - I'm rather busy. Dad has not done as I asked - doesn't see the point. I did printout this thread and gave it to him on Sunday. Perhaps your latest message will encourage him. He has seen an IFA. Problem is he has bought shares not just from Bayer but from one or two other companies and he doesn't remember too well from whom he bought them - it needs me to go through all the paperwork methodically. China Voice Holdings he bought through another cold caller! I can't find anything that says Xiiva has ceased trading, when I googled them.

I am concerned about him. He's trying to get rid of furniture and ornaments and so on (by giving them away to charity and not asking us three kids if we want any of it, or checking whether any of it has any value!), and tidying the garden. I think he's panicking and thinks he will have to sell the family home. All this is getting rather personal/private for a forum - would you be happy to correspond via email?

cdylic

Thanks for getting back! I am a total novice in communicating this way via forums! I picked up your thread through goggleing `China Voice Holdings and Xiivia ` and came up with your original posting about Bayer.
I`ll be quite happy to communicate via e mail. Do I need to post my e mail address on here? I guess that`s the only way we can be in touch privately!
Your Dad sounds as though he is going through a grieving process and we need to keep his hope alive! My husband really doesn`t want to think about his gulliability in being so trusting. I must say I was very sceptical about what he was doing, but to bring that up now would only be like rubbing salt into a wound. It is so much easier for me to do all I can to sort out the muddle! I can understand your Dad feeling totally confused in trying to remember who he talked to etc but I think because we have also been duped by China Voice Holdings, Xiivia and NextGen BioScience, I can concentrate on those contacts. I phoned China Voice Holdings Accounting office yesterday - located in Dallas - Tel 001 561 394 2482 and spoke to a lady who took my phone number and said that someone would get back to me from their Florida office to verify the shares were registered with them - nobody has yet got back, but I`ll give them the rest of the day as I phoned about 9pm GMT!
Tell your Dad to hold fast, he is just one of many people who have been taken in. All of us can get conned and robbed in life! This is the time he needs his family to help. My husband also feels really foolish and panicky, that is why I`m taking on this search for the criminals involved!

Hi
I am new to forum, found it by googling 'Bayer Investments' suprise suprise! My elderly father too has been conned out of life savings and is absolutely mortified. He bought about 25-40k of the following shares: Apollo Resources; Synergetic Technologies (now Praebius Communications), Innocom Technologies, BioSolutions and Nano Chemicals. All restricted certificates, all US, all over 12months old, all unsaleable and basically declared of no value!!! Was contacted by Bayer last week to buy Saviour Energy in order to sell BioS stock, but refused after speaking with FSA. Contacted 2 different FSA approved brokers who said they were worthless and they would not be able to sell them, even after lifting restrictions for about £30 not the £1500 Bayer wanted!! Spoke to the US equivalent of FSA who is inundated with conned UK investors' claims but will be sending me some info to help me assist in understanding where my dad stands and what options he has if any - although he made it very clear that in his experience investors rarely, if ever, get their money back. Whatever info I receive I will share on forum. My dad also went to his bank who were no help - said they could only off help on their own shares. We need to report these fraudsters and not allow them to get away with it. I will be filling in the Operation Archway form too.

Good luck everyone, we must be supportive of our loved ones, this is a terrible position to be in.

Hi Ally Catz,

Its seems as if it has gone a little quiet on here at the moment, not sure what has happened to the other people who were on here. It appears that there is an ever growing band of people who are all in the same boat thanks to Bayer Investments, and the more we delve, the worse the situation seems to get.

I would be extremely interested in learning what the information you recieve, and to see what options my mate has. I was dissapointed tolearn that even after 12 months and with the FSA brokers removing the restriction that they are still worthless. Did they say why that is? As i mentioned in an earlier post my mate has taken all of his documents to his bank and they ARE looking into it for him and have said that they will get back to him as soon as they have sorted through it all. I think he was hoping they would tell him that after 12 months an independent broker would be able to lift the restriction and he would be able to sell them. However, if as you say it can be done for £30 and they are all but useless then i'm not sure how he is going to take it. Again, talking to his missus I think he calculated that even if the Bayer restriction fee was correct and he got someone to do it over here, and then sell the shares etc, that when all was said and done he would come out of this about even, maybe even slightly ahead. I believe that this it what has been keeping him going at the moment.

I am still at a loss as to why these shares would be so worthless even after they have been converted for sale, but then again I am new to this and trying to help out a friend. Could you please let me know who it was who could de-restrict the shares please as I believe my mate tried a few numbers from the FSA site and got now where which is why he went to the bank and got them to take a look for him.

You are right that we need to support and near and dear ones at this time but we should also try and help each other as if we work togther we have more chance of finding a solution and being in the same boat so to speak, will fully understand what is going on with everyone. As soon as I find out when the bank have been in contact and what they have said to him I will be touch right away with their findings. In the mean time i'll check back have every day or two to look for new posts and to relay any further information I have discovered.

Hi Ally Catz,

Its seems as if it has gone a little quiet on here at the moment, not sure what has happened to the other people who were on here. It appears that there is an ever growing band of people who are all in the same boat thanks to Bayer Investments, and the more we delve, the worse the situation seems to get.

I would be extremely interested in learning what the information you recieve, and to see what options my mate has. I was dissapointed tolearn that even after 12 months and with the FSA brokers removing the restriction that they are still worthless. Did they say why that is? As i mentioned in an earlier post my mate has taken all of his documents to his bank and they ARE looking into it for him and have said that they will get back to him as soon as they have sorted through it all. I think he was hoping they would tell him that after 12 months an independent broker would be able to lift the restriction and he would be able to sell them. However, if as you say it can be done for £30 and they are all but useless then i'm not sure how he is going to take it. Again, talking to his missus I think he calculated that even if the Bayer restriction fee was correct and he got someone to do it over here, and then sell the shares etc, that when all was said and done he would come out of this about even, maybe even slightly ahead. I believe that this it what has been keeping him going at the moment.

I am still at a loss as to why these shares would be so worthless even after they have been converted for sale, but then again I am new to this and trying to help out a friend. Could you please let me know who it was who could de-restrict the shares please as I believe my mate tried a few numbers from the FSA site and got now where which is why he went to the bank and got them to take a look for him.

You are right that we need to support and near and dear ones at this time but we should also try and help each other as if we work togther we have more chance of finding a solution and being in the same boat so to speak, will fully understand what is going on with everyone. As soon as I find out when the bank have been in contact and what they have said to him I will be touch right away with their findings. In the mean time i'll check back have every day or two to look for new posts and to relay any further information I have discovered.

Dear All,

Sorry I've been quiet - I only have internet access at work and have been rather busy.
We have to be careful with what info we post on the forum - anyone can google bayer, including themselves and find our correspondence. I have completed online complaints against Bayer with Operation Archway and FSA and not had any response from either. I was rather hoping that Bayer's name would appear on the FSA list of foreign companies one should avoid.

I was interested to learn that there is a way of lifting the restrictions in the UK for considerably less than Bayer were quoting. I may try and look into this for Dad as some of his certificates are over the 12 month limit. Knowing who to go to would be helpful.

You asked about types of shares and how some can be worthless. I also didn't understand this initially - my Dad certainly doesn't. There seems to be several types of shares: preferred (the best, full voting rights and the ones that take the most profit or are the first ones to get any money should a company fold and I presume therefore the most expensive); common stock - I believe these are the ones mainly traded, carry voting rights; Reg S - restricted stock - no voting rights, so why would anyone want to buy them in the first place???!!! When you look at the markets and shares seem to be doing well in Saviour or whoever, these will be common stock, not Reg S as far as I understand it. Those who trade shares for a living probably wouldn't touch Reg S shares with a barge pole.

I think the next step is compiling evidence. I would suggest that we all create tables comprising the following information (do not post it on this site):
Company invested in; number of shares at cost per share; total amount invested; to which bank was money sent (including full address, sort code, account name and number); dates etc; escrow agents and their full details.
Secondly, compile a list of contact names at Bayer and phone numbers. Interestingly only one 0800 number crops up which I find odd for a company who allegely has an 'admin dept'.

Ceri found a way of privately posting her email address on this site for only me to see and we have been corresponding privately. If you wish you could do the same. I would be happy to collate information and distribute to all - if that's what you would all like. We may have a stronger case with the FSA if there are several of us putting up a united front. Unfortunately, FSA won't investigate cases unless more than £1m is involved. We could however, lodge a complaint with the CSSF in Luxembourg.

Chin up everyone. Don't let the buggers get you down. Remember even experienced share dealers can be conned in this way. On a practical note - there are some good leaflets available on/through the Debt Advisory Service web on protecting loved ones from various scams including foreign lottery, boiler rooms, advanced fee, chain letters, healthcare products with unproven results; and so on. It also includes tell-tale warning signs to look out for in (especially) the elderly such as secretiveness with money.

Best wishes

Are these some of the Gunter`s companies?

Hi
I am new to forum, found it by googling 'Bayer Investments' suprise suprise! My elderly father too has been conned out of life savings and is absolutely mortified. He bought about 25-40k of the following shares: Apollo Resources; Synergetic Technologies (now Praebius Communications), Innocom Technologies, BioSolutions and Nano Chemicals. All restricted certificates, all US, all over 12months old, all unsaleable and basically declared of no value!!! Was contacted by Bayer last week to buy Saviour Energy in order to sell BioS stock, but refused after speaking with FSA. Contacted 2 different FSA approved brokers who said they were worthless and they would not be able to sell them, even after lifting restrictions for about £30 not the £1500 Bayer wanted!! Spoke to the US equivalent of FSA who is inundated with conned UK investors' claims but will be sending me some info to help me assist in understanding where my dad stands and what options he has if any - although he made it very clear that in his experience investors rarely, if ever, get their money back. Whatever info I receive I will share on forum. My dad also went to his bank who were no help - said they could only off help on their own shares. We need to report these fraudsters and not allow them to get away with it. I will be filling in the Operation Archway form too.

Good luck everyone, we must be supportive of our loved ones, this is a terrible position to be in.

Hi there,
I`m really sorry to hear that your Dad too has been conned. These crooked men are certainly convincing people and it is good that you are being so supportive to him. My husband was the one who was duped and really wants to shut the loss out of his life at the moment. It is so much easier for me to do the investigating rather than him but I`m conscious that what he needs now is to know I still respect him and his decisions!
As you have probably read by reading this thread, we were contacted by another boiler room in Luxembourg- Prestige Asset Management, there seems no threqads I can find to people being contacted by two well spoken crooks working for them - calling themselves Matthew Barclay and Dominic Alexander but surely Luxembourg isn`t a large place and these men must also be closely ionvolved with Bayer... that is why I`ve joined this forum.
We bought shares in China Voice Holding Corp and paid money into a bank account in Florida which appears to be Paul Gunter and his daughter, also the share certificates were mailed to us from their address. Has your Dad been sent share certificates from:-
Equinox Escrow,
3603 Alternate 19,
Palm Harbour,
Florida 34683
U.S.
This is clearly one of the Gunter`s adresses. Look at the following document as it makes interesting reading if he has:-
http://www.financialnewsdiscussion.com/Stocks/OTCBB/PaulGunterHiJackOTCBBTXCostaRica.pdf

I have written to the bank manager of
Sun Trust Bank,
6128 US Highway,
New Port Richey,
Florida 34652
USA
where our money went to and asked them to forward it onto their fraud resolution department.
I too have contacted the U.S. SEC and filed a complaint, yesterday I had a telephone call from someone there, saying, yes they have been unindated with similar stories as ours, however he seemed to want every bit of the details as possible. I think the arrest of the Gunters is significant. They have been watched for sometime before their arrest was made on 14th March. The SEC will be contacting by e mail for more information. I imagine it is like a big jig saw and the more pieces he gets the better picture they get of the whole criminal activity. He said we wouldn`t see our money back for a while but he didn`t rule out that it would never come back!
Ceri

Well I have to say I am constantly amazed at how wide this syndicate of crooks is. I remember at one point trying to track down the original brokers (Pemberton, Stapleton and Omega Financial from the US) of all shares bought, who since went bust - and actually seeing the money transfer documents to Escrow and thinking they were just an innocent party in all of this, no point bothering to contact them - how wrong was I!!!

Anyway Bayer Investments not Bayer is definitely listed on FSA site of foreign companies not to be trusted. Don't get them confused with Bayer who are reputable german company.

Dad's shares were actually common stock and still restricted so i am a bit confused there. I was told that these companies buy stock from small companies who could have 1 or 2 employees and stocks look good, but were apparently never worth much. There is something called Pink Sheets (think its either a website or tab when viewing share performance) and this tells you company data. If no data is listed. It normally states 'buyer beware' which warns it could crash or not enough info, so do not touch with a barge pole. Clearly I have learned all this in hindsight.

Broker in the UK I contacted regarding lifting restrictions are called Stocktrade. My dad had sold his company shares (Rio Tinto) through them prior to this on several occasions, and regularly received dividends too. Something Bayer Investments never paid out. Stocktrade Tel: 0131 240 0400. You just need to send them a photocopy of certificate so they can check if its saleable if it is, you can sign it over to them and they will unrestrict and sell it for you.

Whatever info I can put together I will send over on private message, but will keep this thread open for newbies in the same position.

Has anyone bought share in Xiiva Holdings Inc?

Hi

Hi,
I`m sorry that I seem to have dropped out of this forum for a week or so but I agree we must keep it going for sharing information and for energising each other to be as proactive as possible.
As I said in a recent posting I we bought shares in Xiiva, not as we know through Bayer but another boiler room based in Luxembourg- though probably the same partners in crime.
Xiiva Holdings seems linked to Savior Energy, Biofuels etc -
They are a Canadian company who were suspended from trading on 14th Decmber 2007 and are under investigation.
I am in contact with the man, Don Panchuk, who is investigating them from the Ontario Securities Commission. He would like as many as our accounts of who sold these shares, who the money was paid to etc
We paid our money into the account of Ronald Stauber, have you had dealings with him.
Why are all these crooks called Ronald.
Ronald Crowe is the president of Xiiva Holdings and is under investigation:-
http://cto-iov.csa-acvm.ca/ArticleFile.asp?Instance=101&ID=8027AB8F05E246C6A3B760D3D7913354
I will keep you informed with any more developments.

Hi all,

I haven’t really got any news at the moment as my mate is still waiting to hear back form the bank. So far, he hasn’t heard a thing. I just phoned him and he said that he does not recognise the name Xiiva Holdings but Ronald Stauber did sound familiar.

As soon as the bank gets in contact with some information and it is relayed to me, I’ll let you know what the had to say. My mate also said that another company cold called him last week to buy some more shares…he hung up without even finding who they were lol.

In the mean time i'll find out what addresses he sent to/was sent from and see if the match up with the others posted here. Also, I think the private email option may be the way to go, you never know who is reading these posts.

Has your friend been sold shares in Xiiva Holding Corp

Any more news regarding Bayer Investments? I know someone who has also invested in them and is finding it impossible to get Bayer to sell the shares, they keep asking for more money to convert and de-restrict them. Does this sound familiar?

Hiya, how is your friend doing? Did Bayer sell him shares in Xiiva Holding Inc? If so did he pay his money to Ron Stauber?
Xiiva is under investigation and the investigating officer in Ontario is keen to get any information possible.
Thanks(y)

Hi Ceri,

My mate seems to be doing OK at the moment but I fear he is living in denial and has convinced himself he can still break even or even make a small profit. At the moment I am happy to let him carry on until he gets some concrete information from the bank. He has confirmed that he did not invest in Xiiva Holdings Inc, but cannot remember if he was offered them and turned them down or he just wasn't offered them, either way he has no shares in that company. However, he has confirmed that he send money through Ron Stauber.

Look out also for AMG based in Switzerland - they are promoting Slipstream Video, a company which does exist and even looks quite plausible - it has a website and has links to a larger US organisation and even has VP's of investor relations who reply to e-mails. My one doubt is why would a company that is looking to start up in the UK use a rather dodgy organisation based in Switzerland rather than one of the more normal start-up funding professional organisations in the UK.

My cousin's friend worked for a company called BAYER INVESTMENTS about 6 months ago but came home as did not feel comfortable working there as I can confirm that this is a BOILER ROOM.
This company are not working in LUXEMBOURG as they say they are in MADRID scamming everyone out of their money for their own personal gain.
He has told me that they change their name every now and again when it gets too hot and start over. we should try and find out the address of this place, his mate wont say anything cos he is worried that the company will know its him and he will be in trouble, as they r illegal con artists who know what his address is