Barclays Rogue Trader

Post #7 killed the thread. CV, Soc and Jacinto should be sent to the naughty corner for inflammatory remarks. Oh, hang on, Jacinto's a prefect. I'd better be careful what I say. :cheesy:

Edit: Damn. Now I've made an inflammatory comment. You see what happens.

Timm

after being fortunate to have been explained about the other meaning of the word prefect.................which i now read again.....(in spanish, perfecto is perfect...you wrote prefect which in spanish is prefecto..........)

basically i apologise for my stupidity and ignorance :eek: .

the part about a good day was really meant,

j

Last edited:
ahhhhh, i see.....:eek:

however, my response was honest, really, im subject to the same rules as everybody else.

thanks

j

Hi J',
No need to feel embarrassed - I dread to think of the number of posts that I've read in haste and completely misinterpreted. Come to think of it, this probably accounts for my trading results! Keep up the good Mod' work - perhaps we should all call you Prefect from now on?
:)
Tim.

Hi J',
No need to feel embarrassed - I dread to think of the number of posts that I've read in haste and completely misinterpreted. Come to think of it, this probably accounts for my trading results! Keep up the good Mod' work - perhaps we should all call you Prefect from now on?
:)
Tim.

:p ....thanks tim for your words....:D

will see what can i do about the "perfect" part :LOL:

j

"I dread to think of the number of posts that I've read in haste and completely misinterpreted"...amen brother...my editing finger is worn out covering my embarassment.

yet another great thread is ruined

yet another great thread is ruined why do some people insist in spoiling it for others

not sure I would split the hair Gamma....the way things are/were done and the outcome
are not always seperate issues.

the RBS guy and colleagues just got canned as well...there's certainly going to be some element of looking for 'scapegoats' going on ...inevitable

As with Barings, given the massive bonuses which trickled down through system's success I think one may assume management does not concern itself too closely with the details. They may not like what they see.

Would one have a legitimate claim on a bank for unauthorised losses, similar to one's own unauthorised overdraft charges?

Grant.

Would one have a legitimate claim on a bank for unauthorised losses, similar to one's own unauthorised overdraft charges?

Grant.

Yes if it were a US bank or you were a US citizen, it would not be British to sue Barclays for mismanagement, incompetence or negligence. I could just imagine issuing Barclays with a High Court Writ for Gross Missmanagement; Wire Fraud; Non compliance etc.; the judge would probably have me committed to the nut house.

Lion63,

It was a flippant remark. If you do go to court it’s unlikely to stand-up. But given the less than sympathetic treatment of banks re over-charging, I think any sympathy from a judge will be for you, not the bank.

Anyway, if you receive a snotty letter from the bank it’s always useful as a retort.

Grant.