At what point do you throw in the towel?

A simple question: are you sure you have a working system?

Have you tried demo trading it to prove it can work without all the psychological factors impacting your trading?

He can demo trade, etc but it will make no difference at all.

I used to be a regular viewer of the T2W forums a few years ago, but with one thing and another I have drifted away in recent years. A look at the forums last week brought to my attention that few of the regular contributors from a few years ago are still around on these boards. That suggests that many have "thrown in the towel", having eventually realised that making a half decent living from the markets is far harder than many would have us believe. Or am I mistaken, the fortunes are in the bank, and the aforesaid people are now relaxing on their tropical islands?

I used to be a regular viewer of the T2W forums a few years ago, but with one thing and another I have drifted away in recent years. A look at the forums last week brought to my attention that few of the regular contributors from a few years ago are still around on these boards. That suggests that many have "thrown in the towel", having eventually realised that making a half decent living from the markets is far harder than many would have us believe. Or am I mistaken, the fortunes are in the bank, and the aforesaid people are now relaxing on their tropical islands?

Well there are a lot of contributers from years ago are still around.
They just don't contribute very much as every thread that starts of with serious trading issue turns in some sprat between contributers or denegrades into some some joke.

have "thrown in the towel", having eventually realised that making a half decent living from the markets is far harder than many would have us believe. Or am I mistaken
No my friend a lot of seasoned traders probably just can't be bothered to post as they have seen it all before and realize and are aware that you don't really learn much from this section of the forum.
but it is good for the company and good hearted nature of a lot of the contributors.

stay and read the good posts T2W still has a lot to offer you just have to know where to look