Throwing in the towel

If you've been reading T2W for a year, you should know what to expect from here by now :jester:

But seriously you're after market timing service recommendations? Sorry can't help you there, but I would be interested in hearing why you think writing a trading system would be re-inventing the wheel?

RM686 you've been trading 20 years and just about broke even, then in the last 3 you;ve lost most of it?

You must be a professional trader at a bank thats all I can imagine, were you getting paid to trade lol

I believe that trading like many professions can take years to learn, and even more years to master. But you've had 20 years and achieved neither. There are not many professions that take 20 years, I'd suggest you quit and write it off as one of life's mistakes.

Let me tell you what I have noticed about this forum; 99% of you on here have nothing but negative things to say. You never make any positive suggestions and you all make jokes at other peoples expense. Look, I really can care less about anyone on this forum, but why not try to say something positive to this person who is struggling right now? When I was a teenager, my mother had a client who had a son that injured himself in a surfing accident. We were around the same age at the time and my mother asked me if I would hang out at their house after he had the accident because he was adjusting to being paralyzed. They were nice to me and I was nice to them. I helped him do things and we actually had a lot of fun during this time. Unfortunately he died about 5 years after his accident and his mother passed about 4 years after he did. When she died, she left me a little over $800k and I know it was because of how nice I was to her and how I bonded with her son and made his days a little bit better. The point is, it doesn't take anything to be nice to people. You never know who you're being nice to.

Snipe012, to tell someone to quit after they have failed for 20 years IS positive. Negative would be to tell them to keep going (sounds positive but actually is destructive).

somehow I don't think that is what he's saying. I believe he said that he has traded for +20 years and he has lost 70% over the last 3 years. He must have been doing something right in order to stay afloat for 20 years. I still stand by my point that most people on here never have anything good to say and they feel as if they are some kind of trading gurus.

He said he was break even for 17 years (breakeven means actually losing but not too bad, the chances of actually being break even exactly over a year are not high), and then lost 70% in 3 years. That's losing for 20 years. It is time for him to move onto something else. And yes I still maintain that is positive for him.

Whats the point folks. All I did was ask a simple question and I got all these wise guy answers.
And with all the replys not one answer to a "good market timming service."
Ok discussion over . Sorry for even asking. Shold have knowned better.
Am adding this site to my junk folder.

Whats the point folks. All I did was ask a simple question and I got all these wise guy answers.
And with all the replys not one answer to a "good market timming service."
Ok discussion over . Sorry for even asking. Shold have knowned better.
Am adding this site to my junk folder.

You mean a signal service? Personally I prefer to base my trades on my personal criteria ... then I know who to blame when things go wrong! Similarly I can then fine tune based on past experience ( but I guess that's just me)

relax RM /sniper. Sometimes you need to take the lighter side.

I made a crack about being a professional as I cant believe anyone would stick it for 17yrs and not have an edge.

+ve stuff...
RM why bother with a signal service, take your money and find some funds to invest in. In the nicest way you obviously dont want to do this anymore and are simply not equiped. There is no shame in that its just how it is.

sniper, that story touched me so much that I've given 800K to a strange kid that someone brought to my house. Infact come to think of it sounds a lot like the wacko jacko story.

Tehehehhehe there was some funny stuff in this thread guys.Keep it up!
Clearly consistency is the key. You could look at my site ....errrrrrr something or other
Its hard to remain fresh I guess. I started trading right out of school and have been for 25 plus years. Changing the environment has helped. Actually watching different traders at work has helped.
And multiple whackings over the head with a cricket bat have probably helped the most!

Last edited by a moderator:
you shouldn't get that close when you're fielding in the slips.

personally i think this thread is a little embarrassing. I think we should definitely watch the '200,000 members' label on the front page, we might see it go into reverse.