Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. i have newbie question. Please explain: ''Spread Betting Account '' and '' CFD A/c '' what's the difference between them. And what CFD letters means.
Thankyou for answer
Darius

Need to Find a Futures Broker

Looking to trade futures (in the US):
Any recommendations on futures brokers?
Or general brokers that also offer futures?
Thanks,

Fruco

Whats up,

Can anyone help me figure out what other indicators to combine stochastics with?
I use 14,3,3 stochastics on 1 min candlesticks...getting long on crossing above 20 and short on a cross below 80...but I keep getting stopped out very frequently.

To be honest I actually have better results when stochastics cross 50 (up or down).

Anyone know if I should be using macd, RSI, or something else to filter out only for the highest probability setups? And if so....in what way should I combine them?

When the move comes its usually pretty big, so I try to take every trade, at least 20 or 30 round trips a day.

Anyone out there, please advise...thanks!!!
-Spyder

First thing you do is get away from the 1 min - short time frames will kill ya unless ya very experienced. look at 1 hour and 4 hour see the way the market going then look at maybe the 5 min for entry. Forget macd/ma/stochs etc.

First thing you do is get away from the 1 min - short time frames will kill ya unless ya very experienced. look at 1 hour and 4 hour see the way the market going then look at maybe the 5 min for entry. Forget macd/ma/stochs etc.

i agree indicators are useless, by the time they show you what to do the game is over…i know i have programmed many of them over the years..learn how to use price action to your advantage …there is no other way for you to be constantly profitable without understanding market structure, no matter what anybody will tell you…. :cheesy:

Last edited:
IG Index startup deal

DVDV,

Not really an answer to your question, but if starting with IG, make sure you sign up for their scheme for new traders (not sure if they call it "trading academy" or some name like that). This will allow you to make small size trades (e.g. 10p per pip) for a few weeks.
It's only about 4 weeks, and it ramps up, so make sure you use it well in the first week or so to get the most out of it.

Thanks very much for the tip Montmorency. That could be a very valuable edge, esp with a small sized start-up account. Anything to make the learning curve a little lighter on the pocket! Cheers.

anyone heard of Active Trader Online?

Has anyone heard of Active Trader Online.?
They sell a piece of software for $10,000.00 which appears to be one step up from flicking a coin. Uses BetOnMarkets.
Tracks currency trends over 2mins. You bet $100.00 with a $10,000.00 bank. If you win you do it again. if you lose you double up. and again, and again!
They say it has a success rate of 65% and never goes past five double ups. Max you can bet is $5000.00 so you need to keep bets to $100.00 to start.

Hi This is Atul here,
I am facing one problem in IB ,When i fire 3 orderlot to IB then it Trades Some
order and reject some order by giving response" Order rejected - reason:It does not comply with IB's order handling
rules for derivatives that result in physical delivery.
Please refer to the IB web site for further details."

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

hi there - can you tell me - when did the FTSE futures market (I trade the daily 100 on IG) start to trade before 8am? I'm trying to find back data to test a model and everyone I've talked to can't supply data before 8am.

i'm interested in learning about trading but am finding it difficult to know where to start...can anyone recommend any books, simulators etc I could try or any other advice?

as i say, i am very new so have little idea/preference regarding the different products, markets etc. I just keep reading things about opening up your own account before applying to trade for firms so would like to get a bit of background knowlegde or to see if trading is something for me.

newbie looking to explore options

Hi there.
Have been visiting trade2win site over the last month to broaden my knowledge on equities. Have been trading the ASX for the last 6 or 7 years and more recently been trading in more speculative shares, mainly mining, which like everything has taken a hefty hit after going well for a long period.

Have been putting some research into the e-mini500, in particular John Pauls trading system day trade to win. Thanks to this site I have decided much more trialing and learning is needed before attempting, which I will do over time.

I m currently studying more on options trading and have read some great articles from Christopher Rowe, aka the trendrider. I m hesitant on giving up any of my money on such programs or seminars such as optionetics, but feel I my need this type of tutoring to fill in gaps of understanding.

I guess I m asking for anyone s thoughts on this and also if anyone has had any experience with these two guys or any others.
Options could be a difficult form of trading but I can see the value of risk protection in covered calls and using an equity collar so I m interested in learning more.

Thanks

Interest rate futures trading simulator

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum, but its been really informative so far. I am a student and looking to practice trading on a paper account while I finish my studies. Can anyone recommend a good trading game platform? I am a member of OandaFX game but I would like the option to trade interest rate and ideally stock futures as well.

Thanks,

Studenttrader1

recommended brokers

Hi, I am looking for a comparison web site for online brokers trading in Euros, I only trade in UK shares at the moment and am not interested in trading Futures etc,.

If anyone can recommend a broker who offers real time share prices not the usual 15 min delay I would be interested.

thanks

I have been trying to trade with MACD , EMA and I must say it is not all the effective . What I want to learn is the Price action . Where exactly should I be looking at in this forum to get knowledge about it ???

I understand that it is a must to understand Price action and I want to start understanding it and not just depend on these indicators .

If you want to learn price action, and are prepared to put some hours in, then here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/26947-making-money-trading.html#post365767
- same thread, different link (not sure which is more future-proof) here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/365767-post1.html

[EDIT/Update: oh yes, the 2nd one is just the first post in the thread; however, you can still navigate to the whole thread from there.]

That's the legendary Trader Dante's thread. Be warned, it's long, and takes some getting through, but worth it.

There are no doubt other places in this forum to learn about price action (and other places, e.g. the "James16 Chart Thread" over at Forex Factory (but that's even longer...)). There are also other ways of trading price action, and other ways of profitably trading.

But that's one that people have consistently recommended and seem to have success with, if they persevere, and try to maintain the right attitude.

TD's method starts off without any indicators at all. Later on, when the basics of PA are covered, he does introduce his way of using EMAs (although I don't think it's that big a part of his method actually), and very limited use of one other indicator.

Good luck and good learning.

Thanks , I did start reading Trader Dante's thread but maybe I need to work a little more before all that starts making sense to me .
It was fascinating though . I mean the way he thinks , his whole emotional make up.....
I will go through it again when I am ready.
I think I was taking the easy way out , just depending on indicators to do the work for me . I don't think it works that way , as you said , I have to put in work myself .

I have started reading Trader dante's thread again . I need to have a software which has fabbonacci ratios and trend lines . Right now with CIBC gold tracker , I can only access indicators ...

Thanks again......

You should be able to download a free copy of Metatrader (aka MT4) from www.fxpro.com

That will have all the currencies, also oil, and I think the metals. Not sure what else.

You don't have to actually trade with fxpro, but I think you have to set up a demo account with them in order to log in. However, you don't actually have to trade with them, even in demo, unless you wish to.

MT4 has Fibs and a lot more besides. Not that you will need a lot more... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.