Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I want to know how to start a trading system. Can anyone suggest a thread that I can follow?Sometimes I get confuse between technical and fundamental analysis. Which one is stronger if there are contradictions?
Thanks

Hi all,
what is the best setup and time frame & its combination to trade GOLD intraday? As you know that the GOLD is very volatile in nature. Currently I am using 1 Minute, 1 Hour & 1 Day chart setup with very short Guppy MAs only. Please guide me.
yours,
tkamal

started trading a couple of months ago, mainly fx , ftse and wall st. I am floundering.
Trading only on trends and bits of news. Has anyone got any advice to make my trading more scientific, more succssful?
Mike

Trading forex is much difficult than stocks. Event trading is not for beginners not even to lots of pros. Before achieving consistency, take baby steps, and focus on how to be a better trader - learn your crafts, be it candlesticks, point and figure charts, money management, technical analysis, and trading psychology.

Hi Guys -- Nice to join the board
Am interested in buying Nickel (Options or future months)
OptionXpress has $55,000 margin requirement for Nickel
Is there anyway I can take a bullish direct exposure to the Nickel price for a $5000 type bet?

HI from a new joinee

It is with great pleasure and happiness to announce that i am a new member of this great site and is obliged to be here.

I have great interest in forex and equity trading and at the same time learning new things in these areas as well as learning and understanding Forex Fundamental and Technical Analysis.

I would also like to do the constant research in the same field. Hope that our mutual co-operation will be beneficial to all the members of this forum.
Regards
Rohit

Hi, Can someone help me on how to close a trade on Alpari MetaTrader? It opens a new trade whenever I want to close a previous trade on the same pair. Example on USD/JYP, I buy then to close the trade I sell. But the metatrader opens two trades, 1- buy and 2- sell.
Expecting your response soon.

well all u gotta do is dont open a new trade to sell, if you see thestatus window at the bottom where it shows the trade profit n loss double click on it and then it will bring up a window of the currency pair, click on close the trade there.

A question about options trading. I have had some experience with writing covered calls on shares I already own and/or selling puts on shares I wouldn't mind owning. I was recently burned by this when I sold a put and the underlying tanked completely and I was left holding the bag, paying a great sum to either buy the shares (at a great deal more than market) or buy back the put option. My own fault... bad call.

Just wondering... what's the best way to enact a Stop Loss on this type of strategy? I could look at buying a put at next lower strike or another month out (expiry). Is there a better way, as this tends to eat up all the premium I received for selling the put in the first place?

I don't know the mechanics, but perhaps placing a 'conditional' put purchase in place, triggering on the underlying stock reaching a pre-determined value? Anyone with some options trading experience out there have some ideas to offer?

Many thanks,
Kevin

KEvin - did u in literal terms sold a naked put and did not cover it, if that is wht u did u open yourself to risk exposure which cannot be sorted out with stops , what i think is options can burn you pretty bad one or two messages here frm me will not help you out on this, you need to get hands on options trading books, sheldon natenberg's option pricing is the best ever, try assessing the risk before you sell a option, i personally have never written a option and have always been a buyer of them :) have a good time mate hope things work out for you :)

I have recently starting trading. But I am looking only at US stocks. What kind of strategy would help me get the right buy-sell levels?

Hey everyone am glad I found this thread lol.

I want to ask what is better forex trading or forex spread betting I used to think they were one an the same but I may be wrong, also what is the general verdict for FAP Turbo as an income provider?

Alan

Also everytime I look at FAP turbo and Shark ultimate Robot they all display profits and initial investment banks they are all in USD does that mean I would have to send my initial investment bank to an american brokerage to change into USD?

Hedging Daily Rolling FTSE

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how spread betting compines hedge their exposure to bets on the FTSE 100 cash daily rolling bets? I can see how they can use the Futures market to hedge against trhe FTSE 100 Daily Futures bets but the cash bets I can't work out.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm a shoes factory salesmanager in china i'm new in this site could you teach me how to make friend here. my email is [email protected] i'm sorry to distrouble you. thank you.

kason,
We are all friends here, please share all of your trading experiences with us on this thread…thank you.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how spread betting compines hedge their exposure to bets on the FTSE 100 cash daily rolling bets? I can see how they can use the Futures market to hedge against trhe FTSE 100 Daily Futures bets but the cash bets I can't work out.

Thanks

The Daily Cash bets move tick for tick with the futures market, so the futures market would still be an effective hedge. Most of their positions are offset by other traders making opposite bets however, leaving only their overall position, if any, to be hedged if this exceeds their risk profile. A much less expensive option.

I am very new in trading . I day trade and use MACD on a 5 min chart as an idea for the entry point .
I use the price action to enter the trade and only get in when a resistance is broken .

For exit I use the 15 minutes chart and EMA 10 . Here again I do keep an eye on the price action .
Last 2 weeks have been good . Somehow I have kept the losses to minimum and the profits are not too bad .
I am a total novice and would love to hear some input from some experienced traders here on my trading plan ....( please go a little easy on me ) , compared to all you guys , I feel like I am absolutely nothing ....

E1 Asset management

Does anyone know about E1 Asset management based in new york they ae trying to get me to invest in apple shares etc, I see the FSA warning is that as good as saying they are a boiler room scam?

Coaching one-to-one

Hi. I've been reading about trading on and off, (Van Tharpe, Igor Toshchakov) tinkering with forex play money account for a few weeks and have just done the Traders University 2 day intro to spread betting. Applied for an MF Global a/c but its taking a couple more weeks to finance as I live in Ireland.

I feel I've a reasonable basic overview as I understand position sizing and can spot a lot of the classical technical buy signals, so thinking of opening up an Ig Index a/c in the meantime to get started. I want to go on to forex when I'm a bit more competent.

What I would really value is a good coach to help me quickly get a handle on the basics of the software etc. It would be great if there were someone in Dublin, but I'd be happy to come to the UK from time to time to do it if needs be. So if anyone knows of anyone who is a pro trader but willing to occasionally coach an enthusiastic newbie on the side, I'd be most grateful.

DVDV,

Not really an answer to your question, but if starting with IG, make sure you sign up for their scheme for new traders (not sure if they call it "trading academy" or some name like that). This will allow you to make small size trades (e.g. 10p per pip) for a few weeks.
It's only about 4 weeks, and it ramps up, so make sure you use it well in the first week or so to get the most out of it.

Hello All - I am a finance gradute. I am interested in learining "Fixed Income Trading' and would like to become a fiaxed income trader. I am currently looking for a Fixed Income Prop Shop in New York/ Manhattan area, any suggestion ? I do not need salary, interested in learning and develping trading skills and startegy.

Thanks
Vic.

stochastics

Whats up,

Can anyone help me figure out what other indicators to combine stochastics with?
I use 14,3,3 stochastics on 1 min candlesticks...getting long on crossing above 20 and short on a cross below 80...but I keep getting stopped out very frequently.

To be honest I actually have better results when stochastics cross 50 (up or down).

Anyone know if I should be using macd, RSI, or something else to filter out only for the highest probability setups? And if so....in what way should I combine them?

When the move comes its usually pretty big, so I try to take every trade, at least 20 or 30 round trips a day.

Anyone out there, please advise...thanks!!!
-Spyder

Status
Not open for further replies.