Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a simple FTSE 100 strategy that I have been watching for the last few months with pretty good results.

I would like to be able to back test it through 2008 and maybe 2007.

I think it would need to be a manual back test as it doesn't use any of the normal indicators.

Is it possible to get hold of the FTSE 100 data? ideally this would be a 5 min candlestick chart.

Thanks

A good place to start for Free end of day data would be

FREE End of Day Stock Market Data and Historical Stock Prices.

oh god, your asking for trouble! your risk reward ratio is dooming you to failure! every trade your risking twice what your going to win, so if you had 2 winning trades, 1 loss would wipe it out. you want a ratio of 1:1 min..25 stop, 25 limit

I agree, you need a ratio of 1:1 or better.
This way long term you would still break even.
Your edge in your trading method will then give you your profit.
this is a long term business!

Lazy Man's Profits

Who needs out-of-date signals?
Just started using an automated forex robot that gives amazing results, within 2 hours of installing it I was $300 up on my Metatrader Dummy account. I have since "gone live" and am making handsome returns. This robot trades during the night and can automatically skip volatile / choppy days and days which historically are bad trading days.

The authors have put up 3 live trading statements on their website which update every 15 mins. Take a look at this robot at FAP Turbo - Auto Trading Forex Software Robot - I would appreciate if any experienced traders could let me know if this is as good as the claim and if there are any pitalls. All I know is that it has made me several successful trades in the last 2 months without having to stare at my screen all day like I used to (and lose too).

Hello. I would like to know if there are rules regarding Iceberg orders in CL futures on the NYMEX. I was going to post in the Futures Energy forum, but I am not really sure about the correct place, so I figured I would start here. Thanks!

Hi, i may well be posting this in the wrong place. I am looking for a paper trading system to trade stocks. I have been trading futures for a while but want to start stocks.

Can anyone give me a good company/platform to day trade stocks with aper money?

Hi Everyone,

Quite new around here but and not to sure what I’m doing but I think research is key.
There is a company that offers a very good trading platform I think, who doesn’t re-quote! Everything’s live as a trader would see it! Even if the platforms not for you they have a good economic calendar and sound market research report. Which could be useful?

Lucky you had that stop.
Best JO :smart:

Stirling Chase & Co.

Hi, i may well be posting this in the wrong place. I am looking for a paper trading system to trade stocks. I have been trading futures for a while but want to start stocks.

Can anyone give me a good company/platform to day trade stocks with aper money?

Try thinkorswim awesome platform and you can papertrade anything frm option to stock to FX :)

Hi Jopo,
I had a looked at StirlingChase and was quite impressed! Thanks for the insight.
What platform do you use!

mkhall

Ask ANY trading related question!

Will do.

Does anyone know of a book/site/article/paper that discusses the dynamics of auction markets in depth? I've focused on price action but only via charts, i.e. OHLC bars that record actual trades. I haven't got a good feel for how price moves up & down bid/ask ladders - what the interaction is between limit orders posted in the ladder and market orders that eat them up in real time.

Anything that discussed that sort of thing would be helpful.

Alpari

I understand that spreads on Alpari Metatrader will stay as they are (increased due to volatility) until February when Alpari will switch to a floating spread system.
What does this mean?

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

wel their is a broker wid the name [AVA fx] wat about that brker are they good ....they are giving debit master card after live a/c for withdrawal to international clients ....

Hi, I'm new to the site and would appreciate a response to the following question.

I'd like to do technical chart analysis on international traded funds. Can anyone recommend software that supports the chart feeds from fund provider Robeco like:
LU0187077309EUR
LU0171289902EUR

I am swing trading ETFs from a US brokerage account so when I am in cash (about 50% of the time) I am in dollars. Since USD/GBP has been going up recently I have been fortunate, however I am now thinking I should probably hedge against a drop in USD/GBP. My broker can't offer me an account in GBP. Are there other possibilities? I was thinking of buying FXB whilst normally in cash but the spread is about 6%! Any other suggestions?

I am currently looking to get into a Junior Trader position in central London and am looking for some advice. I have put my CV together and have read a huge amount of job adverts for different roles, the problem i am having is that since i am so new to this all the jobs sound fantastic and often very similar with very different job titles. I have seen adverts for everything from 'Junior commodities trader' to 'Investment broker' with similar position details...

Does anyone have any advice on a summary of job titles and what that job entails? I am ideally looking for a role which will be very hands on and challenging, i am willing to work every hour god sends and would like to be involved in a high pressure fast moving environment...any advice would be hugely appreciated.

hi, I am new to this... how much is the normal commission fees - percentagewise of the sales value - for all intermediaries, including seller, and buyer mandates on an international crude oil deal?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.