New Look 'Stickies'

timsk

Legendary member
The forum Stickies are in the process of having a makeover. The first phase of this process is underway, following the launch last week of the Forum Guides. In time, all forums will have a Sticky entitled Best Threads In The 'XYZ' Forum.

What is the ‘Best Threads’ Sticky?
The idea behind the ‘Best Threads’ Sticky is to have a thread pinned - or 'stuck' - permanently at the top of every forum, with links to threads within that forum that have quality content and real merit, as selected by the Forum Guide (FG).

How can it help me?
Because of the sheer size of T2W, threads that haven’t been active for a while tend to get lost under a sea of newer threads. The links provided in the ‘Best Threads’ Sticky will save you the hassle of wading through the forum yourself, hoping to find the one that’s filled with pearls of wisdom!

What do I need to know about the threads listed in the 'Best Threads' Sticky?
Each ‘Best Thread' is accompanied by a short description outlining what’s special about it. Threads don’t appear in any particular order, so the thread at the top of the list isn’t necessarily any better or more interesting than the one at the bottom of the list. If you're looking through a forum index or 'New Post' list, threads that are listed in a forum's Sticky are easily identified by the prefix [Best Thread]. See graphic, below.
Best Thread Prefix.jpg

I’ve found a great thread! Can you add it for me please?
Sure! If you know of a great thread that doesn't have a [Best Thread] prefix, (i.e. it won't be listed in the forum's 'Best Threads' Sticky) and you think it deserves to be, then contact the appropriate Forum Guide with your recommendation. Please provide a brief description of the thread and what’s good about it and, if the FG agrees with your assessment, it will be added. Listed here in green in the right hand column are all the FGs and the forums they represent.

If you have any questions or comments about the Stickies, fire away!
Tim.

Help - Ideas Please!

A very Sticky problem . . .
The 'Best Thread In The (XYZ) Forum' Sticky is the first phase of the Sticky makeover. The second phase is to create a generic template for a Sticky that can be applied to all forums. The idea behind this is to have consistency between Stickies, so that members know what to expect from one forum to the next. Broadly speaking, this second Sticky will contain all the information (or links to it) that anyone might want to know about that forum's subject.

How can you help?
You can help by posting your ideas and suggestions as to exactly what the Sticky should contain. What information, resources and links would be of most value? Try to think 'big picture' here and not worry too much about the details. For example, 'A List of World Indices' would be useful and appropriate in the 'Indices', 'Futures' and possibly 'Day Trading & Scalping' forums, but it's not really relevant to most other forums. A good big picture example would be: 'Links to other Websites'. This idea is applicable to all forums although the links themselves would, obviously, need to be tailored to each individual forum.

I look forward to your suggestions!
Tim.

Last edited:
Help, I need somebody . . .
The idea with forum Stickies is to keep them limited in number so that members don't suffer from 'Sticky Fatigue', which is a nasty condition with no known cure. All forums will (eventually) have just two Stickies . . .
1. The first has been rolled out already in those forums that have a Forum Guide (FG) and is called the 'Best THreads' in XYZ forum. (see my posts above.)
2. The second is the main Sticky which will be entitled 'Essentials'. These will contain all the really important info' about each forum's subject that is of critical or ongoing value to members. As an example, the first one can be viewed here: Essentials Of 'Trading Journals'. So, each forum will have an 'Essentials' Sticky alongside the 'Best Threads' Sticky.
Everyone can have an input to help ensure that they are as comprehensive as possible and no stone is left unturned. I'm particularly interested in your suggestions for the section of the Sticky entitled: 'Other Resources on T2W and Beyond'. So, what are the books, magazines, videos, Traderpedia pages, K'Lab articles and other websites etc. that can added to this section in each forum? Please post your suggestions here or PM if you prefer, stating clearly which 'Essentials' Sticky your ideas should be included in.
Thanks for you help!
Tim.

Tim just thought that i think your avatar makes you look like
Nick Leeson being played by Ewen McGrergor. I dont know if
thats good or bad so dont take offence.

Ged