Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I got in today, reason is as probably with many of you, do your own....I am getting all these fancy news letters from HSI Wealth Alert, Paul Sarnoff's options trading, Mac X suggesting forex trading and Greg Guenthner for penny stocks recommendations, so, does any of this sound familiar?

lk
=============================================================

way back in the old days, some girls name and phone number would appear in the boys room -- i leave it to you to remember what was written.

seems to me you went to the internet equivelent, and they be calling you for a good time !

WHAT site did you go to since the newletters seem to be covering the WHOLE gamut of trading ---- "www.tryeverytypeoftradingthereis.com" ?

good luck getting them off your back

mp

Hi,

I got in today, reason is as probably with many of you, do your own....I am getting all these fancy news letters from HSI Wealth Alert, Paul Sarnoff's options trading, Mac X suggesting forex trading and Greg Guenthner for penny stocks recommendations, so, does any of this sound familiar?

lk

See http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/29598-useful-things-i-ve-found-net.html where you will find a path many would be traders travel. Note where these people are in the path and skip past it as fast as you can.

. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . Note where these people are in the path and skip past it as fast as you can.

LOL -- good advice, that it were so simple !

but day by day, one gets closer if it is to be so !

mp
your patient/zen trader guy !

Does anyone have any info on The D.E Shaw Group and also could you recommend and journals for the industry that I could start reading. I am interested in Trading Futures and options with them.

thx

Help :( Any Forex guide for blondes ???

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/30268-how-turn-thrupence-into-billion-7-days.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/26947-making-money-trading.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/30024-trading-mp6140.html

Edit: And a note for hicomm below. One of the first stages of learning to trade is seeking a signal provider. After the disappointment we can then move on and begin the process of really learning to trade. Do yourself a favour and skip a step.

Last edited:
p

Hi all, I am new in the stock market and would like to know more about the Peruvian stock market – like is it safe investing there, are there any near losses? I would like to have the suggestions of people that have really been there and have an internal experience of that stock market. Your suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Does anyone know of any signal service provider which is easy to use that has consistently averaged 10-20 pips daily?

Reading list

Hi all, Thanks for making this an interesting and informative forum.

Can you recommend any books for someone new to trading?

Thanks

equities fees

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

hi i am about to return to day trading equities...i will trade uk and dutch shares on LIFFE and Euronext
either direct access or CFD s
£15m / day turnover
just wanted to know what fees i should be paying...(last place i paid £20 per £100,000 at GNI)
I will be working for/in an arcade...have rates come down in the past 2 years?

Determining the hammer for a specific stock

How do you determine the hammer for the stock you are trading. Taking into consideration that they only have to show one lot size at time of trade, how do you know what they are really trading?

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

MP --- AH . . . . . some silly questions from the past !

How do you determine the hammer for the stock you are trading. Taking into consideration that they only have to show one lot size at time of trade, how do you know what they are really trading?
=========================================================

ROWDIE -- burn these words into your frontol lobes !

IT DOESNT MATTER !!!!!!!!!!

while we are constantly told to find the "hammer", for we normal retail traders taking small bites along the way, for all practical purposes the "hammer" could be Pope Paul for what it really matters in the end !

In our small lives, it is of no matter --- it DOES matter to the institutional players who are playing a larger stake game, but unless youre trading a million dollars, and need to fake down to a lower entry price, it is of NO ADVANTAGE TO US TO KNOW THAT !

enjoy and trade well

mp

btaggart, there is an extensive thread on Annes Diary (hint - stay away from Boiler Room Scams).

hedging or losing?

Hi there, as you will probably guess I'm new to FX trading.

My question is this - I have a mini account with 200:1 leverage and I put a buy order for £10 which then goes the opposite way to -£10, what would it be be best to do - cut my losses there and then or hedge with a sell order and then look for a safer position for it to turn around where I close one position and then the other hopefully making a gain?

many thanks

Montpro...Selling to close ("cutting your losses" you call it) is the same action as opening a short in the opposite direction. You are flat which ever you do. You can then re-open a short or long position later on when you see fit.

MP --- here we goes again !

Hi there, as you will probably guess I'm new to FX trading.

My question is this - I have a mini account with 200:1 leverage and I put a buy order for £10 which then goes the opposite way to -£10, what would it be be best to do - cut my losses there and then or hedge with a sell order and then look for a safer position for it to turn around where I close one position and then the other hopefully making a gain?

many thanks
==================================================================

have you ever noticed when walking with long strides, that your upper torso and head actually move BACK as your leg goes forward, and then you move FORWARD and repeat the action. Troops who do a "goosestep" exhibit this the best though, although forex comes close.

going FORWARD in forex requires many steps BACKWARDS, and those moves are getting your attention. Assuming your trade is correct, what you are seeing is just a lot of trading going on, as well as "those blankety blank, @@@#$%#^!$@&%#$*$*" bankers and mms and a whole lot of "headfakery" going on, just for the express purpose of you selling the powers that be your shares cheaply ----- a side benefit to this joviality is that you give away your money, which helps the mms have a good meal at smith and wolenskys later that day !

of course, the biggie problem here is whether or not youre REALLY taking a good trade or not, so why dont you stare at the screen while the market is active and most definitely before 5pm, edt, because after that time its just you and the brokers, and its their ballfield, bat, gloves, balls pitchers and hotdogs, and its tilted WAY in their direction, kinda like vegas during the heyday of the italian americans of gambling fame !

Staring at the screen will give you some idea as to how things move without you having real or monopoly money working, and free you up to "observe" which is more impt than just diving into a demo !

oh well

mp

Hi,

I need a little help with a few questions I have ad am confused about. I would appreciate it if anyone can answer these questions..

I am currently in Dubai and want to day trade US, UK and emerging market equities using a platform such as eSignal or TradeStaton.

1) Are there any tax implications for me trading US stocks from the UAE.

2) Do I need a US bank account to trade there?

3) I am looking to make 4-5 or maybe more trades on the US market a day, is there any limit or restriction?

4) Do I have to have a minimum cash balance to trade. For example, if i have $2000 then i will only purchase stock to that amount, only what I can cover.

5) What is the better of eSignal, TradeStation and MetaStock, for the purpose of day trading?

Thanks.
Regards,
Sheikh

SWX SIS Enablement

I bought shares in a private UK company some time ago - the company has now been sold to an Italian company who are quoted on the SWX - whats the best way to trade these - do I need a depository account to settle the shares on SIS and if so how do I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.