• Yes, but I'm also trading family money

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • No, I am backed by an investor/arcade

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • No, I have a part/full time job and trade on the side

Votes: 42 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aside from myself and my colleague, 11 people have responded that they are full time traders.

Are you guys in an arcade/trade from home?

thought I would chip in on this one, - spare time trader trying to build a small account, dreaming of the day I will go full time. Although in reality at the rate i'm going it'll probably be a means to subsidise the pension when the time comes!

Although you never know.......(y)

thought I would chip in on this one, - spare time trader trying to build a small account, dreaming of the day I will go full time. Although in reality at the rate i'm going it'll probably be a means to subsidise the pension when the time comes!

Although you never know.......(y)

My plans exactly, and I'm not due for retirement for another forty years :LOL:

I'd like to vote but I'm not sure where I fit in the choices. I (hardly anymore) trade US stocks but I am funded by a prop shop, but I also trade forex and ES entirely through my own personal money. Also, as much as I'd like to say I am a full time trader due to the time spent, I actually own a small business that does quite well.

FWIW . I may leave the prop shop, only due to time and the fact that I get a nice bang for my buck with forex and ES entirely with my own money.

I could survive nicely entirely through trading profits if need be, but I enjoy what I do outside of trading and in the end enjoying life is really all I am after.

Peter

You're my hero, Wackypete :)
What's your business out of interest? Can I come and work for you, making coffee and stuff??

I could survive nicely entirely through trading profits if need be, but I enjoy what I do outside of trading and in the end enjoying life is really all I am after.

Peter

Why not aim higher and retire early ,travel the world and have a condo in Thailand?

You only need to make 10 pips daily to become very wealthy in a few years, with the power of compounding.Start with 10k and within two months have $340k or higher investment to proportionate profits.

I have the compounding image as my desk top.

Attachments

• compounding.jpg
    compounding.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 125
Why not aim higher and retire early ,travel the world and have a condo in Thailand?

You only need to make 10 pips daily to become very wealthy in a few years, with the power of compounding.Start with 10k and within two months have $340k or higher investment to proportionate profits.

Have you opened a real account for your mercenary system yet, or still trading demo?

Sorry but your graph is ridiculous. Once again you completely ignore DRAWDOWN. You'll encounter it once you start trading real money, so I hope it's not too shocking.

You're my hero, Wackypete :)
What's your business out of interest? Can I come and work for you, making coffee and stuff??

Bulk deliveries of newspapers, magazines, and other weekly publications. The idea is to pick up several thousand papers from the publisher or regional wholesaler and deliver to central locations for local carriers to pick up and deliver to customers. I no longer do any driving except in a pinch and usually have 5 drivers employed at a time. Certainly nothing glamorious, but I built the business from scratch and I am proud of what I have accompished.

Oh, by the way, my wife takes care of the coffee and computer entry work! She's wonderful :)

Peter

Sorry but your graph is ridiculous. Once again you completely ignore DRAWDOWN. You'll encounter it once you start trading real money, so I hope it's not too shocking.

He also has a thread somewhere about doubling up after each loss like a martingale system, where he ends up trying to trade 60x his original lot size just to make a few pennies. Makes no sense.

Peter

You sound like a mellow kind of fellow. Business, trading, happy family life.. well done, not many people get to that position. Please don't tell me you have a single figure golf handicap as well.

Thanks!
The only thing I hit in golf is the side of a barn. I once shot a 72....then was just too tired try the other 17 holes. :LOL:
Still searching for that Holy Grail of golf :whistling

Peter

Draw down is only for amateurs , mercenaries like money upfront and can beat the 5hit out of the market everyday.I can make money everyday from the market.

Just waiting for approval of my account from Deutsche Bank, Never known so much detail and questions being asked for opening a trading account, and so much time taken.

re: Drawdowns - tell me about it

re: Golf - never read it but apparently a book called "golf is not a game of perfect" is very good for sports/trading psychology

P.S. maybe I should read between the lines lol