April '04 Forex

Closed half my £/$ short position at 1.7752 (+28). Glad I left the other half to run, but tight trailing stop on it. It's about to hit 38.2% Fib, but my target is 50% Fib at 1.7694.

[EDIT] ...pressed enter here, and stopped out! 38.2% was indeed the bounce point. Well, nice quick short for +46 overall.

Will watch closely for possible further entries, but am thinking the best has gone now.

FC

FC
I thought you were using the hourly chart?

Are you now using the 5minute chart?

erm....with a 34ma one would be short on the 5min chart.

Disclaimer...Your Worships I am only using a moving average and lower time frame for educational purposes. Further mitigation is that I have stopped trading for the day. :cool:

neil, i use all sorts of time frames. usually hourly to get the overall picture, then the 5 min to fine tune entries and exits.

if its darting around then i sometimes go down to the 1 min chart.

now that is hardcore!

anyone trade off a tick chart lol?

FC

gor blimey, not down to back where we started lol?

its footie tonight chaps. bound to be a fight this week. Mill Hill Mayhem are the opposition. they have been cautioned twice for fighting in the past two games.

looks like we could be mincemeat lol!

FC

Just got out of bed to drive the cab around London tonight and realised that amongst my trades I made 130 pips on USD/CHF.

Short @ 1.3068.Closed @ 1.2938.

Beauty of Johnny T system is that I can go to sleep with stops in place and leave the system to do it's own work good or bad.Mostly good so far.

Doesn't seem to be too much mention of CHF but it can give good profits sometimes so worth a try.

Just about to go out of the door-if it's cold and wet in town that will really make my day but will happily share my CHF experiences tomorrow if anyone interested

nice work TW. that is the best way to trade it. not watching it during the day which can cause some serious headaches!!

enjoy your evening..

:)

right, this is a bit dangerous, but im still pretty short.

got stops at 1.7780, and gonna go for a cheeky pint before footie.

letting it trend til the close methinks.

bout bloody time it behaved lol :)

The Wanderer said:
Just got out of bed to drive the cab around London tonight and realised that amongst my trades I made 130 pips on USD/CHF.

Short @ 1.3068.Closed @ 1.2938.

Beauty of Johnny T system is that I can go to sleep with stops in place and leave the system to do it's own work good or bad.Mostly good so far.

Doesn't seem to be too much mention of CHF but it can give good profits sometimes so worth a try.

Just about to go out of the door-if it's cold and wet in town that will really make my day but will happily share my CHF experiences tomorrow if anyone interested

Who do you trade with ? I ask because the SB companies seem to honour stops ONLY during opening hours. So Capital Spreads closes at 7pm for example.

My question re same is on the CS thread.

Neil

I use Capital Spreads.By 7pm I've generally closed out all of my positions and trying to "earn a crust" by being boring and doing my normal job.It does have the odd compensation such as being given a sweet(in the shape of a pair of lips-I kid you not)by Kelly Brooke when she was a passenger a couple of years back.

It's a tough job sometimes but somebody has to do it!!!

For those who trade the 1am to 8am breakout system I make the figures for USD/CHF:

Short-1.2880

Long -1.2943

For some reason I am unable to get forex prices up on the Capital Spreads platform although all other prices available.

Perhaps we were all too successful yesterday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Morning All

Today's stop entries:

EUR L 1.1979 SL 1.1919; S 1.1916 SL 1.1976
Cable L 1.7759 SL 1.7699; S 1.7662 SL 1.7722

I'm letting this system run in the background and will close out at 18:00.