April '04 Forex

Just got back to my desk to see I'm stopped out of EUR and Cable. Fortunately, stop losses were at breakeven. However, I missed the subsequent longs.

FC

FXCM. I like the platform because I can enter stop and limit orders 1 pip from the market price.

JT

Agree. However, I generally prefer to be flat at news times.

A'noon chaps.

Rather good this FX at 13.30 isnt it?

Just closed longs on eur/usd and gbp/usd that I cheekily bought right back at 1.1809 and 1.7589 respectively. Oooooh I do like picking bottoms ;)

Well, I went long EUR this morning at 1,1834. Nearly stopped and reversed but the price was one pip shy of my stop, so I'm still long. Now is that lucky or what ...... ??!!??

now that's a tad annoying

Was long on EUR/USD from 1840 (1-8 breakout system)

Got stopped for -35 when D4F dropped to 1804

Market currently at 1910

booo hooo :cry:

So I would be long from 1.1881 0n Euro by my interpretation of the Horned One's system.

Bailed out at 1908 cos I don't like the spike up - might spike down just as quickly - but I am happy.

MGBRoadster

Some of us are trading the BO system with stops of 60 pips. Try it out with a smaller stake.

Today's lesson: sit in front of the screen and trade news on a one minute chart. Although I didn't lose, I didn't make either! :devilish:

Just done some back-testing on today ...

If I hadn't tinkered with my stop losses, I'd be well in the money.

Interestingly, my sell stop order today on EUR was 1.1803. Guess what the low for the session from 09:00:00 was?

That's right - 1.1803. So, I lost 60 pips on that trade! :devilish:

All in all, a crappy day!

How's everyone else doing?

well bugger me, i go into a 90 minute marketing meeting and come back £1500 richer.

top bananas chaps.

this forex laugh is a piece of piss lol, as long as i dont try to scalp it lol :)

FC still in and long :)

Goober : That sux when that happens.

I'm still long from 1834. Got a stop at 1940.

sorry to hear that Goobs :(

i did some elementary backtesting on 3rdDawns spreadsheet.

i still think that in terms of overall profit/drawdown, trading with a 10pt stop loss is the way forward. lots of little losses, then kapow a massive home run!

have a play with it. not sure how well it works long term. may need to ask Rog to backtest that one

FC