Anyone trading Forex in Thailand

Lets hope he is not there for knob.

Hahahaha, very funny :cheesy: I left all the knobs back in England, clearly that's where you're from (y)

How's the rather robust women back home, any larger?

Another one of these Fella's that like women built like a ten year old boy.

I don't think Thailand is the best place for those that are a little confused to be honest...

Marc Faber lives in Thailand. Many reasons to stay here. My scooter has a cup holder to put my beer so I don't spill when I drive.

Still free here man. Good internet, winters are pleasant. Why the heck not...?!

Marc Faber lives in Thailand. Many reasons to stay here. My scooter has a cup holder to put my beer so I don't spill when I drive.

Still free here man. Good internet, winters are pleasant. Why the heck not...?!

I am with you. I visited Thailand with my other half in 2007, I really liked the place. Great weather, nice people, good food. We got lost in phuket and this thai family offered us a lift, they wouldn't take any money. The seedy side of some areas was sad to see though.

Well I live here, and contrary to belief were not all sex tourists. It's actually a pretty well positioned, well infrastructured gateway to the rest of Asia. Not a bad place to have a base of operations...

HK is about 3 hours away, Singapore 2. And all the money is there. Not in the west anymore. Meanwhile I can buy a very decent lifestyle for half the price as I can in the insolvent so called "developed" territories...AND you are still free...!!

Last edited:
I have no interest in visiting a country, let alone living in one that has a Lèse majesté law. There are so many civilized places around the world with beautiful beaches and a tropical climate but don't have archaic laws....there must be something else about Thailand...like the sex thing...sad backwards country. I might be jailed for writing this post...if I ever visit.

Why not? There's plenty to choose from.

Another one of these Fella's that like women built like a ten year old boy.

I don't think Thailand is the best place for those that are a little confused to be honest...

:LOL: Built like a ten year-old boy..... Hmmmm that's a new one! Clearly you know more than me.

Thank you for your honesty, what part of my post emphasizes my confused soul?

I have no interest in visiting a country, let alone living in one that has a Lèse majesté law. There are so many civilized places around the world with beautiful beaches and a tropical climate but don't have archaic laws....there must be something else about Thailand...like the sex thing...sad backwards country. I might be jailed for writing this post...if I ever visit.

Depends on your definition of backwards. I would hazard a guess that there are more hookers in the uk than Thailand its just in some areas it is much more visible in thailand. I would wager the average thai women is far more reserved than average british girl.

Depends on your definition of backwards. I would hazard a guess that there are more hookers in the uk than Thailand its just in some areas it is much more visible in thailand. I would wager the average thai women is far more reserved than average british girl.

My definition of backwards was actually referring to its law.

Me thinks some people need to travel a bit more....

And as cablemoster pointed out, Thailand is extremely conservative. I got chaperoned at 40 , my girl was 32. Kid you not. Cousin in the room, no hanky panky allowed.

And the sex trade here is almost non existent now days. They been closing it down systematically. Couple of hotspots but the sex tourists left years ago. They're in other places which I won't mention here.

But to all these strong opinions here. When you know what the **** is happening say something. Till then just keep quiet. And time to travel gentlemen, world is passing you by...

Last edited:
Me thinks some people need to travel a bit more....

And as cablemoster pointed out, Thailand is extremely conservative. I got chaperoned at 40 , my girl was 32. Kid you not. Cousin in the room, no hanky panky allowed.

And the sex trade here is almost non existent now days. They been closing it down systematically. Couple of hotspots but the sex tourists left years ago. They're in other places which I won't mention here.

But to all these strong opinions here. When you know what the **** is happening say something. Till then just keep quiet. And time to travel gentlemen, world is passing you by...

WTF?

The sex trade is almost non existent in Thailand???

Couple of hotspots????

You gotta be kidding, right?

Thailand has 2 major sex scenes - local and tourist/expat.The local scene is way more discreet and covers every town in the country. It is HUGE. HUGER than HUGE in fact. This is a multi-billion dollar industry.

The foreigner facing scene is huge too. For sure, Walking Street in Pattaya has less go-gos nowadays partly because of demographic changes in the tourist population there - westerners are skint, Indians don't partake and Russians come over in couples. A lot of the girls are now working discos like Insomnia too as they don't have to be bound by the rules of the go-go bars.

Thailand is the pussy economy. I have yet to meet a Japanese businessman that does not partake in the sex scene when they come over. This has a huge impact on the choices executives make when deciding where to locate their manufacturing base. A friend of mine has a restaurant at the top of Sukhumvit 30 - just up from Abhisits house. We sit there some time watching the going ons at a Karaoke bar across the road. The one most frequented by Toyota Senior Management. The car park there is chock full of brand new Toyotas - Vios to Camry. These aren't owned by Toyota staff, they are gifts to the girls that work there.

The government of Thailand is fully aware of how important the sex scene has been in the success of Thailand as both a tourist destination and a manufacturing base.

As for the local scene - take a trip up Rachadapisek or Petchaburi Rd, it looks like Las Vegas with all the high class knocking shops and it's expanding too. Look at "The Office" that just opened on Rama 9 Road - they moved into an entire 12 story building.

Here's a few eye openers - all Bangkok knocking shops...

Poseidon
100_0167.JPG

Amsterdam (now renamed I think)
Amsterdam-Bangkok.jpg

Love Boat (renamed too I think)

30155925.jpg

La Belle
rainbow_image4_282.jpg

La Defense
La-Defence-Massage-1.jpg

And about a hundred more like it in Bangkok alone.

And this isn't to mention the hundreds of thousands of massage shops where it is very rare for the gal not to "guage your interest" with a few slips of the hand with a view to making your ending a happy one. That alone is huge.

Anyway - rest assured that the sex trade in Thailand is going as strong as ever and Bangkok is still the same dirty,polluted, lawless, corrupt cesspit it always has been. And that is why it is so popular.

As for you getting chaperoned on a date - that is the exception and not the rule. In face, I have never once heard of a Thai girl needing to be chaperoned on a date in 15 years here.

The conservative side of Thailand is a myth. It's just a bunch of fuddy duddies in the culture ministry that go up in arms when some young drunk gal is pictured with her top off at Songkran. Thailand is quite cosmopolitan. Upscale young Thai gals and guys are out rubbing shoulders out in Thong Lor and Ekkamai doing all the things that Western boys and gals do.

Of course, the delusional old farts in the culture ministry are trying to protect Thailands image which has been in the toilet since the vietnam war. I wouldn't read too much into that though.

Last edited:
And ofcourse such places don't exist in Europe and the US ?!!

WTF?
Anyway - rest assured that the sex trade in Thailand is going as strong as ever and Bangkok is still the same dirty,polluted, lawless, corrupt cesspit it always has been. And that is why it is so popular.

Nice post DT.

I have an apartment in Hong Kong and visited Phuket island with a friend from HK for three days. The island was beautiful and unfortunately sullied by that sh*thole of a city. It reminded me of a low budget Cretan town post invasion. I absolutely hated the vulgar place, but then I have a problem with the sex trade in general, which is why I try and keep my visitations to Asia to an absolute minimum. I have been offered poor trafficked needled girls (this should be the new required name for sex workers, by law) from people I was supposed to do business with in just about every Asian locale I have been to. That includes HK, Shanghai, Singapore, Thailand and even fecking Tokyo while visiting the UFJ offices!! My refusal to partake in this chlamydia-fest has made me seriously unpopular in the past too... which is very confusing to me.

The abuse of women and the unfeeling attitude to prostitutes seems to be a national sport.

Is this off topic?

Well frankly the last few pages has nothing to do with the OP :

I am currently beginning to trade forex in Bangkok, would be great to meet some fellow trader in Bangkok or around Thailand.