Anyone Short the USD/JPY?

Im out with my shirt (less one sleeve) and moving down the road. What a wild ride. I am going to stick to earned wages. Back to the coal mine for this guy. :)

Oh Dear................come back soon .......... if not all the best!
I'll have to take over the bearish position .....but not just yet.
HS

Depth Trade said:
I think our next stop is more likely to be 118,75 then a clear run to 121.00

Of course price will hop around between 119.00 and 121.00, but overall there isn't to much technically stopping price from moving there. Fundamentals could prove otherwise though.

DT
Up, up and away!!

Well it seems 118.75 was hit as scheduled.
Next stop 119.50

ALL Aboard !!!

DT

I'm sorry DT I did think of giving you the credit but had to place a trade......

You are........ MR YEN forget the Japanese bloke. My guru has 11920-40 rez which is nearish but who am I to argue with a guy of your stature....?

Well Done DT

HS

Strangely the trend isn't the only thing those two have in common - the prices are pretty similar too....... WEIRD!

The Hook is stalking $/Y..........as we near 120 maybe the market is too bearish on Yen.... but what do I know ?

maybe the pair will go down to about 118.90 for some short term gain. long term is what i am confused with? Any insite?

joemiley said:
maybe the pair will go down to about 118.90 for some short term gain. long term is what i am confused with? Any insite?
this one is going to the moon long term as for now a nice drop would be welcomed

lol, I'm still bearish DOW and still bearish USD/Yen. It's not done me much good the last few months though!

Chocolate said:
lol, I'm still bearish DOW and still bearish USD/Yen. It's not done me much good the last few months though!
and just as you get fed up with it.......:rolleyes:
the dow will have a significant drop we are close but i suspect more time is required possibly a topping action
$/y can do anything at this point but i do favour the down and then up scenario first

Don't Worry Be HAPPY

The $/Y is gonna slide of that there is no doubt :cheesy:
You just gotta be patient...... that's all...

I have no positions - just waiting for best selling price .... got sell order at equivalent of 121.50
but could go 122 short term... (would prefer it got there quickly ... if that's the plan this week!)

Bears will be rewarded ........... relax! :LOL:

I made some pips from a short at 119.42 two days ago, but then got stopped out on the move up yesterday. :rolleyes:

Around 121.50 it'll be banging its head on the ceiling (resistance late 2006 and in 2004) so I guess a long term short would be good from there.

There's more key Japanese finance news later this month though.

Hook Shot said:
The $/Y is gonna slide of that there is no doubt :cheesy:
You just gotta be patient...... that's all...

I have no positions - just waiting for best selling price .... got sell order at equivalent of 121.50
but could go 122 short term... (would prefer it got there quickly ... if that's the plan this week!)

Bears will be rewarded ........... relax! :LOL:
HS where is $/y currently??

Daily Trading Strategy
MVDForex [ See company's profile at FXstreet.com Directory ]
http://www.mvdforex.com/

The USD/JPY risk
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:58:16 GMT
by Héctor Bove

January is typically a strong month for Asian currencies. However, this time around there is more headwinds for Asian currencies as a whole and specially the Yen. For example, this time last year, the growth outlook for Asian economies was far brighter – indeed our arguments for Asia FX appreciation centered on monetary tightening in response to stronger domestic demand. The near term-term growth outlook is cloudier this time around. But in any case January could finally show that taking Asia FX as a bloc is no longer likely to be a good strategy as central banks and policymakers differ in their responses to stronger currencies. The Yen is very undervalued specially against the dollar, pound and euro, at one point things will come to their place again, remember this market is made 80% by speculators so the movements tend to over extend and then correct, for me it is more clear than ever the USD/JPY is going to make a corrective move to the downside and when this happens it is going to be like a category 5 hurricane, the damage left behind is going to be devastating.

Our long USD/JPY position reached its limit overnight at 119.80, we booked a 130 pip profit on that trade and now we are going to sit out in the USD/JPY for a while.

The dollar is being supported by the recent bout of good economic data, it seems like this is made on purpose nearly every economic news is better than analysts consensus, but the main question here is why?, for me the recent economic data is much better than expected because of the weaker dollar, they need to realize that a weaker dollar is one of the steps the American economy needs to take in order to lower their unsustainable deficit for once and for all.