Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

long russel2000 1390, 40 lots
long spx 2430 20 lots
long cac 5220 5 lots
long ibex 10650 2 lots
long dax 12735 4 lots
long hsi 25672 10 lots

How is the size of your position relevant?
Other than some sort of ego stoking I can't think of the purpose. :whistling

How is the size of your position relevant?
Other than some sort of ego stoking I can't think of the purpose. :whistling

there is a purpose...
1. didn't use to, but then someone on the thread accused me of trading penny positions
2. size of position tells you how confident I am on the trade... seen many say "half", full" to indicate confidence so why mention it?

there is a purpose... didn't use to, but then someone on the thread accused me of trading penny positions

So basically their earlier comment dented your ego.
On here noone knows one another from Adam, so it really doesn't matter what others think about one another's position sizing. It's all about entries and exits right and ideally pointed gained lost, keeps everything civil IMO.

Good luck with all your positions.

there is a purpose...
1. didn't use to, but then someone on the thread accused me of trading penny positions
2. size of position tells you how confident I am on the trade... seen many say "half", full" to indicate confidence so why mention it?
are the statements(not on demo)forethcoming;)

So basically their earlier comment dented your ego.
On here noone knows one another from Adam, so it really doesn't matter what others think about one another's position sizing. It's all about entries and exits right and ideally pointed gained lost, keeps everything civil IMO.

Good luck with all your positions.

like I said, position size indicates one's conviction to the trade... if one said "shorted 1 lot" and another said, "bought 10 lots" (same instrument), which one grabs your attention and is perhaps a more helpful post? What's uncivil about indicating one's certainty? I applaud anyone who not only posts their trade but also indicates their conviction to it.

are the statements(not on demo)forethcoming;)

sure, pm your email and I'll send a screenshot to anyone who's interested. I also publish my daily opening/high/low predictions and performance via the link available on my profile, open the link anytime to see my predictions & current positions.

like I said, position size indicates one's conviction to the trade... if one said "shorted 1 lot" and another said, "bought 10 lots" (same instrument), which one grabs your attention and is perhaps a more helpful post? What's uncivil about indicating one's certainty? I applaud anyone who not only posts their trade but also indicates their conviction to it.
i applaud anyone who provides proof via statements;)

Thats me averaged in at 2439, 2 positions @£1 per point. I know that means my opinion is not noteworthy because of my meagre size, but hey I have a big c0ck so I'm fine. :LOL:

Screenshot of statement please - real not demo:)

Attachments

• my_very_big_cock.jpg
    my_very_big_cock.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 53
Thats me averaged in at 2439, 2 positions @£1 per point. I know that means my opinion is not noteworthy because of my meagre size, but hey I have a big c0ck so I'm fine. :LOL:

knock it off guys! are we on the thread to learn something from each other or to nit-pick and make fun? a bit of fun to break the monotony is good but keep it impersonal

knock it off guys! are we on the thread to learn something from each other or to nit-pick and make fun? a bit of fun to break the monotony is good but keep it impersonal

Agreed.

I've seen your link, its very complicated. Can you explain how you get high low predictions. I'm reasonably smart but dont go overboard.
Thanks.

For the record: I'm not particularly bothered by anything you've posted and in comparison with some of the more deranged members who post complete fiction 50 times a day you're an absolute pussycat.....and I cast no aspersions on the size of your organ either.

Last edited by a moderator:
long russel2000 1390, 40 lots
long spx 2430 20 lots
long cac 5220 5 lots
long ibex 10650 2 lots
long dax 12735 4 lots
long hsi 25672 10 lots

earlier took profit on hsi high of 25883, +126pts

A question on these trades. Did you go long all at the same time or are these staggered over the morning? I'm asking because if they were all at the same time I'm wondering about the reason for that.

Everyone has a different trading account size and a different risk tolerance, so quoting position size doesn't help anyone one iota.

Also "I'm going long 10 lots in XYZ" doesn't help us judge your conviction unless we know that your baseline position size is normally for example 5 lots or 20 lots.

I also never said your comments were uncivil. This thread has suffered in the recent past from a bunch of make-believe hindsight-harry demo-baller posters (pip/jessy/etc), I'm merely suggesting maybe you should think about adjusting your posting strategy.

On a different angle :clover: why would you go long in so many markets at the same time? Is it not impossible to manage that number of open positions? How did you determine which markets would get what size of position?

Agreed.

I've seen your link, its very complicated. Can you explain how you get high low predictions. I'm reasonably smart but dont go overboard.
Thanks.

Predicted opening prices are derived by an algo I've written that takes into account movements of instruments that trade 22x5 and applies the movement to those instruments that trade for lesser time frames. Daily support and resistance are derived by another algo that compares high/low of the previous session with the previous 60 day h/l history. Most of my entry and exit levels are set by observing the symmetry of the movements over the past 60 days. I don't normally trade the moment (unless an unexpected and major event happens) preferring to set all entry and exit prices once a day based on the symmetry.