Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The main fear of global investors is that the US economy may come back into recession as a result of the slowdown of the global economy. Thus, besides following the signals given by economic indicators, investors will also monitor the S & P’s behavior, which will again dictate the evolution of other indexes.

Some traders must be busy harvesting pips judging from this crowded thread.

My perspective on DAX and DOW - I prefer shorting, although this is likely to be a short reversal (in duration) possibly ending on Wed/Thursday ( Delta count) that is if my count is correct.

My perspective on DAX and DOW - I prefer shorting, although this is likely to be a short reversal (in duration) possibly ending on Wed/Thursday ( Delta count) that is if my count is correct.

Not sure I'm "harvesting" pips but I try and take what I can and combine scalping with longer runs(if it starts with a scalp even better).

I prefer to short FTSE in current climate (today going long is like pushing sh*t uphill) but I have made a few pips either side. I'm trying to remain unbiased and see where the flow is heading.

I'm working on my trade management atm as I know I can do better. I'll look into the delta count if it helps !

Because of fears about the US economy, the S & P should lead the movement of other indexes. Yesterday, the index closed in the early resistance zone (1940-1950). While this index does not overcome this resistance is unlikely that the DAX overcome conclusively the 9560 level. Therefore, it is most likely to occur some profit taking for today and tomorrow the S & P may try a new test to the resistance zone.

Covered shorts on indices near today's low.
Good run on both DAX and DOW.

Not sure I'm "harvesting" pips but I try and take what I can and combine scalping with longer runs(if it starts with a scalp even better).

I prefer to short FTSE in current climate (today going long is like pushing sh*t uphill) but I have made a few pips either side. I'm trying to remain unbiased and see where the flow is heading.

I'm working on my trade management atm as I know I can do better. I'll look into the delta count if it helps !

I find that at times Delta count works really well, at other times the counts are very challenging at best. So I use it alongside other tools with ATR, fibs and so on.
Over all I find Delta assist my style of trading, especially trades of longer duration.

So far, about 58% of the DJ Stoxx 600 components have reported their quarterly accounts. Although a slight majority have managed to surpass analysts’ forecasts in terms of profits, with respect to revenues only a minority has been able to exceed forecasts.

giphy.gif

US markets ended with contained variations, managing to recover from early losses justified by the sharp fall in oil and the weakness of the US markets. The Dow Jones was losing 266 points and closed with a rise of 53 points. Oil price suffered a selling pressure, with investors showing their disappointment at the fact that Saudi Arabia eliminate the possibility of a cut in production and some skepticism regarding the freeze on production capacity to balance the relationship demand / supply . The session key moment occurred when the Department of Energy revealed that the oil reserves in the US rose by 3.5 million barrels last week compared to the envisaged increase of 2.42 million. However, the sharp drop in petrol stocks (-1.6 million barrels vs 0.73 M million) contributed to compensate the early fall. Additionally, the Association of American Railroads reported that crude oil transported through this route declined for the third consecutive week, confirming recent evidence that US oil production continues to decline, albeit slowly. Last year, in face of oil price fall, shale oil extraction companies adopted a series of measures in order to protect their business. These measures include the closure of oil wells with lower productivity, reduction in non-operating costs, renegotiation with banks of borrowing and the implementation of financial hedging strategies, which protect the oil price fall. However, at this stage, the potential of reducing costs both financial and non-operating is limited and the use of financial instruments for protection against a further drop of crude oil is very expensive. Thus, in recent months there has a closure of many oil fields, especially smaller ones.