Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi all, I haven't been on the markets or the thread for the last few days, just wanted to say please remember one simple rule, it doesn't matter who tells you what system is the current new best thing, or if the new number one trader is in town, it is simple.........

DO NOT HAVE WIDE STOPS ...!!!!!!

it is vital your your psychology as well as your account balance (no matter what your position or account size)

cut that loss & move on ......& on

I had my worst trading week for 3 years last week, a valuable & very expensive lesson in over confidence & getting too comfortable & getting it right for quite a while, but I knew well enough that my analysis & timing was finally way off kilter, but the reason I didn't lose alot more ??

simple... I cut the loss, hard as it was.

Seems to to be a bit of weakness out of hours dropped 10 points.

Ps why does davie, or whatever his name is, do this? I do t get it.

I do know Im gullible but surely he knew he was stringing people along.

Seems to to be a bit of weakness out of hours dropped 10 points.

Ps why does davie, or whatever his name is, do this? I do t get it.

I do know Im gullible but surely he knew he was stringing people along.

simples - to get money out of you.

if he'd managed to string a few more sets of successful trades together he'd have had you lot eating his dog poo. you'd all have been falling over yourselves to pay his fees.

that's why he does it.

tennants super - the breakfast of champions (y)

I still wouldn't have paid for a service despkfe his results.

So he sets up a demo account. Gets results. Then sting people for fees?! What a n o b.

I still wouldn't have paid for a service despkfe his results.

So he sets up a demo account. Gets results. Then sting people for fees?! What a n o b.

In times of economic hardship...scammers come out to play....they sell pipe dreams, they tell people what they want to hear and all too often, folks fall for it.

I have closed two trades at a loss of £500 and am sitting on a £466 loss on an open dax trade. It upsets me even writing this. I have been very stupid.

Sorry to read the tales of woe in the previous pages, but let it be a lesson to all, one of the first things we all learned when starting out was be your own trader, don't follow others. Neither you, me, or the man in the moon knows where the market is going, nobody!!

everything is just predictions, predictions, predictions. So back to basics gents, learn from this and come back out fighting. All the best.

Shouting at the ferking monitors doesn't even help when it's for someone else......Where the hell is Postie............................:(

I've closed that now at 16,610

Still around +180 points today. :clap:

I'm taking some time out, Christmas is a busy time for a Postman. ;)
Hope you are all £9,000 richer or a little bit wiser by Christmas. (y)
Good luck all. :clover:

Well I'm guessing it was the later. :(

I recognised him early on and reported him to Sharky and another Mod. I took a lot of grief from him and so decided it was easier to walk away.

I deliberately traded in the opposite direction to a lot of his trades just to show it was possible to make money either way (long or short).
The thing about day trading is if your holding overnight something has gone wrong and it clouds your judgement over what will happen the next day. Your now just hoping it goes the way you need it to, rather than looking at it fresh deciding on what it will do.
Plus having 5,6,7 different positions open in different markets is a rather shotgun hope you hit something approach, you can't seriously know enough about all of the markets to understand their individual idiosyncrasies.

Stick to one or two markets you like, learn their little ways, and take a profit when you see it. Remember "Its NEVER wrong to take 50 points", you can live on that kind of return each day.
The bit about stops has been done to death.

FWIW I think the Dax could fall to 9380 tomorrow.
1. Were on the 200 day moving average which it had to hit.
2. Its moved up 160 points stopped and moved up another 160 points. So the down move on the channel is 9388.

So I'm short here at 9474 with a stop at 9525 looking for 80 to 100 points BUT WILL TAKE 50 if I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
nitrader i have higher targets fore the ftse to hit at 6837 if it goes there first then the dax will obviously be a lot higher. I supported ***** calls on here before he got banned but i didnt realise so many traders had carried on following his advise. Hope it works out by dropping for you. I was suckered in for a short while and traded the dax which i don't touch but began to get uneasy with his arrogance.

You-know-who used to go on about "structure". After the Draghi hint re buying gov't bonds the structure definitely changed therefore voiding his previous analysis. I don't understand why he didn't have the decency to at least let those following his trades know that. He could then disappear if he wasn't man enough to continue after that loss.

The Dow hit the 123.6 fib extension of the previous range from the Sep 19 high down to the Oct 15 low (17728) . The same 123.6 fib extension on the SPX500 gives a target of 2070. Don't know about that, but I certainly won't be betting against it in this market.

At the macroeconomic level, investors were surprised today with excellent numbers forthe ZEW index. This indicator measures the sentiment of investors and is prepared through a survey of 350 financial agents. At a time when the German economy is almost stagnant, the feeling of financial agents is of greater importance.

The SP500 has risen to new highs, with the rally in the health sector and the small-cap companies recovering from yesterday decline. Consumers and Investors Sentiment is quite positive at the moment.

Morning Chaps, have a good trading day......:)

Hope the DAX continues to roll over from the 480--490 level and give them half a chance to keep the wives off their backs.......Seems along way to go though.......:)

1z2kr46.gif

9430 area as we discussed last night