Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Popped in to answer a pm and i saw nitraders post, hard to walk past that.
You know I dont do levels mate. Im not smart enough, just follow.

I hear ya but atm dax is up. And its up smooth with little action to work the last couple days. Who knows tho eh.

That's exactly the problem....no levels to work with.

were you following Trix ?
does he post on twitter

Yes - we followed him on twitter - but account is gone now.

It all started well the first week and then went bad on a DAX trade -
no stops and multiple positions has wiped me out.

If the B*stard had only said to get out sooner then I would have survived.
He had plenty of opportunity - he could probably have strung everyone along
for another couple of weeks that way.

What about a hedge with a different index instrument DOW or JPY cross.

Or try and buy the December contract at different levels on any pullback.

Might then be able to get out at a better loss then, think that makes sense.

On cash level should find buyers around 9400/30 area plus got to get past that 9460 area first.

In asia we have BOJ Press Conference which will drive the markets.

Yes, some or any of the things you mention...........but he can't do anything now....cos theres no margin left..........if the US close gives us some levels to work with......then maybe his dax stops could be tightened......and some opposing possies could be taken to work back some of the losses....but for now, his hands seem bound up.

i saw a bit of his stuff on twitter.never paid too much atention to it ,like most others, as it interferes with the signals i get from my own chartit looks like the delta was calling resistance

Yes, some or any of the things you mention...........but he can't do anything now....cos theres no margin left..........if the US close gives us some levels to work with......then maybe his dax stops could be tightened......and some opposing possies could be taken, to work back some of the losses....but for now, his hands seem bound up.

I could probably add another 500 (can't believe I just said that)

Yep, stick with this dog, it's got fleas but it's still barking.......as for the Italy 40, i ain't a clue in hell.

Anyone follow it on here.................:?::?:

think you might get back some money tomorrow...if you are short
might blow off a little with fomc minutes due tomorrow

I could probably add another 500 (can't believe I just said that)

No neither can I :LOL:

I don't think you should stick any more in.....quite a bit more to learn first.....and here's a little tip for ya...quit discussing trading with the mrs....all that will ever come back is negativity and comments like " I told you so" and none of that will make you feel any better :)

Last edited:
why are you wanting to get levels...you did not need them the last 2 days.you just needed to trade the breakouts

No neither can I :LOL:

I don't think you should stick any more in.....quite a bit more to learn first.....and here's a little tip for ya...quit discussing trading with the mrs....all that will ever com back is negativity and comments like " I told you so" and none of that will make you feel any better :)

OK guys

Here is my plan

1. Stops set on DAX at 9525 and set as close as I can on Italy. :(

2. Cross fingers :clover:

3. Spend time on demo account :smart:

4. Don't talk to wife (about trading) :innocent:

I REALLY want to thank you for listening to me and putting the effort in and a special thanks to those who sent me a pm. :love:

Don't stick any more money in!

Well I have learnt a valuable lesson. One that I am unlikely to forget!!

I am leaving my position open. Stop at G9529. Limit set to BE (as if!).

Sooooooo disappointed in myself.

why are you wanting to get levels...you did not need them the last 2 days.you just needed to trade the breakouts

As I understand it....theres little to no margin left........we at least need to see some topping action before deciding strategy on how to trade out of it.

Thoughts ?

i posted at 1.07 pm today that 9400 area was a pullback area on dax futs.it hit that 1.37 pm.Then you got an 80 point rally...you get lots of freebies on this thread

tactics for tomorrow
1..pre fomc
we either break higher or bulls will get tested
there will be a sweet spot underneath

i posted at 1.07 pm today that 9400 area was a pullback area on dax futs.it hit that 1.37 pm.Then you got an 80 point rally...you get lots of freebies on this thread

:LOL: I'm not looking for freebies.....just trying to help someone out of a hole.

But that was pretty funny :LOL::clap::LOL:

OK guys

Here is my plan

1. Stops set on DAX at 9525 and set as close as I can on Italy. :(

2. Cross fingers :clover:

3. Spend time on demo account :smart:

4. Don't talk to wife (about trading) :innocent:

I REALLY want to thank you for listening to me and putting the effort in and a special thanks to those who sent me a pm. :love:

Have look at the December contract.

And put some overnight buy orders(long only) in areas you think you will find buyers.

The Japan meeting could be a make or break for your current trades.

So could shoot up and take your stop.

Or come down and pick some longs in the Dec contract.

This would allow you more time to work on the next move.

Might able to knock out some of that loss.

Don't put anymore money in, because could keep rolling on past 9600

And if you don't keep your current stop ouch.

Just an idea and IMO

As dentist mentions, FOMC will sort the job out....but later tonight we have JPY news, which could be an early pointer for tomorrows action.

Wed
Nov 19
Tentative JPY
Monetary Policy Statement

4:30am JPY
All Industries Activity m/m
1.2% -0.1%
Tentative JPY
BOJ Press Conference

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

If crosses of JPY fall heavily....then maybe your Dax stop won't be hit....and you live to fight another day.