Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

is it good news anyone? less new claimants but overall jobless has gone up more than expected?

My brother worked at a factory in Scranton PA for almost 15 years - it closed at the end of September all lost their jobs - factory relocating to China. I'm not surprised if the news is mixed

Think retailer traders get squeezed out initially as everyone knows it's good news. After 15-20 min it should go in the right direction which is up. 264k less people claiming, that's great news ! Only my view obviously.

Think retailer traders get squeezed out initially as everyone knows it's good news. After 15-20 min it should go in the right direction which is up. 264k less people claiming, that's great news ! Only my view obviously.

It's not 264k less people claiming, its 264k new people claiming, but its less than the 290k expected or am I wrong?

Well for me the only clarification I really need is which way are things likely to go this afternoon. Is the panic over for today? Or do we carry on down?

My understanding is that there are 264k fewer Americans claiming benefits. Not on a roll today at all so might be wrong.
Anyhow, good positive figure for DAX.

Last edited:

No I'm not. It's only that I've seen him trading live few times at various shows, trading rooms etc. - quite unusual for educators/trainers. I've talked to him & he seems like a nice guy.

About the educational part - I wouldn't know. I never attended any of the paid stuff (only few times I got free access to their trading room and that was it - they wouldn't show all the details, indicators, set ups etc.) I think they organise some kind of paid seminars often in hotels, but I was not interested to attend that. It would be interesting to talk to somebody who did though.

Is this your scenario
Okie dokie, here goes :)

attachment.php

Lacking mystical powers and being unable to know the future, I note that the 4hr trend as I define it is down (and has been for a good while). I also note in the 5min chart, prices are extended to the upside (folks 'smarter' than me buying or weak shorts puking their stops, I dunno). I begin to sell and would prepared to sell a lot more if prices moved higher. It wasnt to be, prices moved lower straight off the bat. Soooo

"hey buddy, you wana take a profit on 100% of this move?"
"err, not yet thanks"
"(8548) im not in a hurry to be honest mate"
"hey buddy, you wana take a profit on 50% of this move?"
"(8610) Hmm, quite a retrace! In times gone past I might have taken you up on that."
"hey buddy, you wana take a profit on 90% of this move?"
Unavailable, as reading some BS on T2W.
"hey buddy, you wana take a profit on 15% of this move?"
"There would have been a time when Id chew your arm off in this situation but no thanks! I dunno, I might be stupid (some would agree), but I think that given were in a 4hr downtrend, im gona wait it out, in hope of a more favorable offer."
"You know what, I will! Thankyou very much mr market. :)"

Attachments

• testingtestingtesting.png
    testingtestingtesting.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 699
Last edited:
cant scalp on IG the prices are different to the charts and the lagging in placing and closing a trade is insane

cant scalp on IG the prices are different to the charts and the lagging in placing and closing a trade is insane

So.... do nothing... can you lose money when you don't trade? I have turned the charts off, there's always another day if you keep your bank intact!

Mine seems fine (execution has always been a little laggy but just acceptable). I'm in Aus though trading the A1 contract.

I should mention I'm using the ProRealTime charts and executing the trades via the web interface. Way too slow taking entries via the PRT chart.

The session yesterday had a lot in common with what is called a day of capitulation. A day of capitulation, which usually occurs after a prolonged decline in the markets, is characterized by a negative start and that is further aggravated by a spiral of sales, with high volume. This spiral of sales is due to the fact that tolerance to loss of most investors is exhausted. These investors after suffering sharp losses in the previous days, decide, emotionally, sell their portfolios at any price. Thus sales of some investors cause sales of others. When this movement leads to extreme prices, many hedge funds, who held positions vendors in the market, start to buy them.