Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I wonder why the French didnt bother reporting last month consumer spending data, but they did this month :whistling

7:45am EUR
French Consumer Spending m/m Aug
Forecast -0.2%
Actual 0.7%

Jul Data EUR
French Consumer Spending m/m Jul
Forecast -0.3%
Actual -0.7%

Lets just gloss over that number shall we, and we can also revise the august number down next month too.

Morning everyone (or afternoon in my case). That would have been a nice short to open proceedings. Pity I missed it.

Morning everyone (or afternoon in my case). That would have been a nice short to open proceedings. Pity I missed it.

A great philosopher once said "You snooze you lose".

Theres always tomorrow, and tomorrow .... Thats the thing about Mr Market, he's always willing to take our money. ;)

A great philosopher once said "You snooze you lose".

Theres always tomorrow, and tomorrow .... Thats the thing about Mr Market, he's always willing to take our money. ;)

You're right about that. I'm good at getting distracted and missing the moves.

Morning all
I have been reading/watching this thread for a while now. Never really posted before as I'm still learning but slowly having some success/luck

Morning gentlemen.Watching from the sidelines again .I hope you are all not to bruised from yesterdays crazy day.

Morning.

This thread is good for whiling away the time 'between trades' the biggest part of this job is the endless waiting for the right setup.

I find between trades can be lethal. I can be tempted into trades that I wouldn't consider if something else was cooking.

I find between trades can be lethal. I can be tempted into trades that I wouldn't consider if something else was cooking.

I struggled with that to start with. I felt like I was missing out by not being in a position. I soon learnt the hard way lol.
I trade completely different now and it's helped.

The problem at the moment with the Dax is it falls with the S&P, but doesnt rise with it. :(

Theres a lot of catching up to do.

Mad day yesterday.
Most of the trades I called live worked out OK, but I had lots of trades that I didn't bother to call that turned out to be losers!
I was up 50 ticks or so (and should have quit for the day), and then managed to get back down to about breakeven after a large string of small losing trades! Eventually got most of it back and ended at +45 for teh day.

Only 1 trade today for +20, although If I was awake earlier, I would have started the day with a small loser before that trade

Attachments

• FDAX 09-14 (150 Tick)  18_09_2014.jpg
    FDAX 09-14 (150 Tick) 18_09_2014.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 79