Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning SD & All

FTSE done a couple of big spikes overnight once when Japan opened and around Asia lunch time.
Hit 6,654 on SB, spread is about 6 or 8, might have picked a short up at 6,650
Strange move DOW or DAX did not move at the time.

morning bustech,

bernanke normally destroys indices yesterday he decided to destroy the dollar. I suppose he is trying to repair the damage he done by his loose words about tapering.

BLT +4.4% and RIO +4.9%

ASX must be on fire

Morning SD & All

FTSE done a couple of big spikes overnight once when Japan opened and around Asia lunch time.
Hit 6,654 on SB, spread is about 6 or 8, might have picked a short up at 6,650
Strange move DOW or DAX did not move at the time.

Morning all,

hope you did manage to get that short bustech :) but I'm sure a whole load of other people got stopped out of their FTSE positions.
I was long the dow last night but here is a snapshot of what those nasty SB b*stards are capable of. I guess a computer made a calculation to work out the level most profit could be made and executed a 50 point spike at 4.17 when most people are fast asleep.
Now if the FTSE makes an intraday high of 6649 I take it all back, and they are really nice people, otherwise ...
Trade carefully ;)

Attachments

• SB2.jpg
    SB2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 141
Morning All, nice stable markets bernanke has created ! what a tool, huge gap down to 8100 on dax !

morning bustech,

bernanke normally destroys indices yesterday he decided to destroy the dollar. I suppose he is trying to repair the damage he done by his loose words about tapering.

BLT +4.4% and RIO +4.9%

ASX must be on fire

Funny ASX is only back where it was before yesterday's China Data.
Bit of caution.
Will probably go higher with divs and reporting in Aug/Sep
Just not ready to go higher yet.

Morning all,

hope you did manage to get that short bustech :) but I'm sure a whole load of other people got stopped out of their FTSE positions.
I was long the dow last night but here is a snapshot of what those nasty SB b*stards are capable of. I guess a computer made a calculation to work out the level most profit could be made and executed a 50 point spike at 4.17 when most people are fast asleep.
Now if the FTSE makes an intraday high of 6649 I take it all back, and they are really nice people, otherwise ...
Trade carefully ;)

Morning Postie

Got a couple at 09 and 39.
Have covered since.
On the side line's now until Friday.
Don't like buying at this level or shorting into this strength.
Dinner time.

SP500sept, if the high is in 1667.5 then implying FTSE at yesterdays close, so I would guess the high is not in and we take out FTSE highs and SP500sept highs. two outcomes both seem improbable.

bernanke speech unable to find on youtube, anyone know where to get it?

SD,
If "Mr Topstep = God" as you say, will you be shorting today ? As of last night he's still predicting the lows to come in today / tomorrow before the expiry.
Bet against the S&P = madness surely.

SD,
If "Mr Topstep = God" as you say, will you be shorting today ? As of last night he's still predicting the lows to come in today / tomorrow before the expiry.

Have only read the opening call and watched riley/heafke videos, think the bernanke has front run the friday/thursday lows, but we could see the market trickle down as dollar pike retraces slightly, friday close is still two trading sessions away.

Last edited:
Morning all,

Trade carefully ;)

morning all
those spiked on FTSE took price to the upper parallel on the 5 min FTSE chart

52ibrd.jpg

SD,

I think he will be right you know, market already up loads, most people actrually think he wasnt talking more QE but longer low rates, time will tell, S&P no red days this month is just a joke

Can someone please check if they can see the Sun out of the window as I think the Dow is going the other way from UP - (I cant remember the word).

Can someone please check if they can see the Sun out of the window as I think the Dow is going the other way from UP - (I cant remember the word).

It's OK it must have been a cloud - the Dow is going UP again. :D

Now would be a good time to START a Martingale strategy on the S&P closing down. (If ever there was a good time for one of those).

Morning all,

Trade carefully ;)

Well its 'possible' the ftse will rally 120 points in the last 50 minutes, but I will go with "Spread betting companies are cheating b@stards".
And this is coming from someone who was long at the time. :p