Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

yep, UPS warning about us slowdown was almost ignored by CNBC on friday

Talking of ignoring significant events - there is no mention anywhere (that Google or me can find) relating to the 50 point jump up and down in the level of the ftse on Thursday of last week. Does this not strike anyone else as worthy of reporting? :rolleyes:

Wow Nikei futures make new highs out of the blue 14740 currently

Very soon it will cross the Dow

I am sorry I closed half my position to lock in profits

Talking of ignoring significant events - there is no mention anywhere (that Google or me can find) relating to the 50 point jump up and down in the level of the ftse on Thursday of last week. Does this not strike anyone else as worthy of reporting? :rolleyes:

Were you looking in IG? Cos they just make it up. I did see it in IG myself.

The S&P futures have closed higher 12 out of the last 13 days, up 121.2 handles.
The S&P futures have closed higher 7 out of the last 7 days, up 80.2 handles.
The S&P is up 148% since making its March 2009 low.
The S&P closed up 2.96% last week and is up 17.81% YTD.

Last but not least, 132 companies are trading at 52-week highs, almost three times the average at four S&P 500 peaks between 1990 and 2007.

https://www.mr-topstep.com/index.ph...5-sp-500-all-time-new-contract-highs-earnings

The S&P futures have closed higher 12 out of the last 13 days, up 121.2 handles.
The S&P futures have closed higher 7 out of the last 7 days, up 80.2 handles.
The S&P is up 148% since making its March 2009 low.
The S&P closed up 2.96% last week and is up 17.81% YTD.

Last but not least, 132 companies are trading at 52-week highs, almost three times the average at four S&P 500 peaks between 1990 and 2007.

https://www.mr-topstep.com/index.ph...5-sp-500-all-time-new-contract-highs-earnings

And some columnist on Market Watch referred to the past few weeks as market TURMOIL lol. I'd love to see a bull market then.

finally
we get a fix on minor res/top
1 min data
spx index
1085oua.gif

Suppose I should get out of bed and do the days work. Remember everyone, big buy at 8:01 and I'll see you at the Kings Arms by 8:15.

Morning guys,

It could be a quiet and range bound day until there is news on Bernanke's testimony.
Will we get any more hints about when tapering is likely to start or will he use it as an opportunity to reassure the markets which could be the catalyst for new highs for US indices ?

The text of the testimony will be released at 1.30pm (UK time) and the testimony is scheduled to begin at 3pm (UK time)

Morning guys,

It could be a quiet and range bound day until there is news on Bernanke's testimony.
Will we get any more hints about when tapering is likely to start or will he use it as an opportunity to reassure the markets which could be the catalyst for new highs for US indices ?

The text of the testimony will be released at 1.30pm (UK time) and the testimony is scheduled to begin at 3pm (UK time)

morning ads

think the ftse is a short until SP500sept can move above 1673.5

Morning Ads/SD and all

Been busy this week, should be back on more next week.

ASX and HK are flat, keeping having to take there pulse to make sure there is life.

There going to break at some stage, would say the ASX will go to the upside(divs and reporting next week).

But will let the market lead first.,

And also global markets left gaps below, so also room for downside.

Market liked BHP and RIO production reports, with financial reports next week.

Done a couple of ASX shorts today, but after 8 to 10 points the move is exhausted.

AUD/USD would have offered the best move's, but not a big currency trader.

Last edited: