Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

SD your call
Higher or lower for week end.

Div's for the week.

Attachments

• Div.JPG
    Div.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 107
FTSE will it be above or below 6521.4 this friday 10th at 4.36pm ?

Bullish SD

Bearish Bustech
Bearish Malcyd

mornin' sd et al

back from a few weeks in Madeira and never even looked at the markets. What's been happening?

morning barjon very nice to have you back. Markets have forgotten how to fall, thread has been running well.

Morning Guys, trust u all had a nice long weekend ! These markets are getting so stupid now, Dax up 10% in 9 days ! very diffcult to buy it after such a run, but it wont go down either !

Morning All
Welcome back barjon
RBA cut rates today, now @ 2.75% which is a record low in Australia.
Miners had another good day.
ASX looks like it wants to go lower.
Volume is terrible, can only see the div's supporting this current level.

Last edited:
morning Talbs. morning bustech

surprised dax has not fallen since we had some bad china data

bustech RBA rate cuts the short dated aus gov debt must be booming

Well MR Top step targeting 1593 on S&P future as thats the gap left from NFP !

Dow cash close = FTSE 6512

Dax has done its 7th hourly up close, that thing can trend, this morning

FTSE's biggest stock HSBC has done 10 higher highs on daily out of 12 days

Morning Guys, trust u all had a nice long weekend ! These markets are getting so stupid now, Dax up 10% in 9 days ! very diffcult to buy it after such a run, but it wont go down either !

Morning Talbs,

This is very selective data you have chosen, I imagine that you are short biased or at the least thinking about it hence your comment about the markets being stupid now.

Although the Dax has been up just over 9% in 9 days, it's also important to mention that this has risen sharply on the back of a rather large pullback. I hope you got some longs in at the earlier levels, I know many are still trying to short the hell out of a very strong bull market. It will break, we all know this but until it does, the trend really is our friend.

The recent pullback (Mid March to Mid April) gave up almost 700 points, the subsequent rise after this point has seen it add back a further 740, so in contrast we could say that the:

DAX has risen only 40 points since mid March
Or even
DAX has risen only around 4 to 5 points a day since the start of the year

I recall of late people saying the dow will not go above 10k, then 11, then 12 then defo not 13k. It will defo not hit 14k and if it does the all time high of 14.2k will defo retrace from there. Needless to say I am not hearing from these people anymore but as every market rises there is always a new breed of shorters to pay into the markets and provide extra liquidity. At some point some of these shorters will be right and will be able to say "I told you so", it just amazes me on how many shorters the markets will feast on before we get a few winners....but...Next time they will be the dinner.

There is no bias in the markets. A trader should be able to change opinion at the drop of a hat, something most 'normal' people cannot/will not do.

Swim with the tide, go with the flow and watch for the break.

Have a good week,

Lee

Morning Talbs,

This is very selective data you have chosen, I imagine that you are short biased or at the least thinking about it hence your comment about the markets being stupid now.

Although the Dax has been up just over 9% in 9 days, it's also important to mention that this has risen sharply on the back of a rather large pullback. I hope you got some longs in at the earlier levels, I know many are still trying to short the hell out of a very strong bull market. It will break, we all know this but until it does, the trend really is our friend.

The recent pullback (Mid March to Mid April) gave up almost 700 points, the subsequent rise after this point has seen it add back a further 740, so in contrast we could say that the:

DAX has risen only 40 points since mid March
Or even
DAX has risen only around 4 to 5 points a day since the start of the year

I recall of late people saying the dow will not go above 10k, then 11, then 12 then defo not 13k. It will defo not hit 14k and if it does the all time high of 14.2k will defo retrace from there. Needless to say I am not hearing from these people anymore but as every market rises there is always a new breed of shorters to pay into the markets and provide extra liquidity. At some point some of these shorters will be right and will be able to say "I told you so", it just amazes me on how many shorters the markets will feast on before we get a few winners....but...Next time they will be the dinner.

There is no bias in the markets. A trader should be able to change opinion at the drop of a hat, something most 'normal' people cannot/will not do.

Swim with the tide, go with the flow and watch for the break.

Have a good week,

Lee

Hi Lee,

I wouldnt say im short Bias , i have made some good money from the move up but i get nervous on such large moves in one direction and rightly so. I see what your saying due to the pull back but, markets do need to take a breath, im not expecting this market to collapse or anything like it, but i do expect profit taking and the realisation that the economies are starting to turn down again. QE and talk of NEG rates will prop up these markets but we all know it wont conitune in a straight line. The word "stupid" i have used i believe to be spot on, anyone that believes these markets are trading normally also needs their head feeling. People say stocks are still cheap, but if the cheap money stopped would they say so, of course not. But this wont stop for a while, but companies need to sell to the man in the street who has no money.

But this is all fundamental , which is not how i trade. The shorts are adding to the squeeze as they get stopped time and time again.

I wouldnt say the data i have chosen is selective, its a fact the move is nearly 10% from the low to high and i will continue to stick with my view of these markets being stupid and as much as i would love to short them, i myself am not stupid, i am sitting on my hands and doing the odd trade here and there until i see a better place to buy or the sell side resume.

Hope your well Lee, good luck with your trading.

I wouldnt say the data i have chosen is selective, its a fact the move is nearly 10% from the low to high and i will continue to stick with my view of these markets being stupid and as much as i would love to short them, i myself am not stupid, i am sitting on my hands and doing the odd trade here and there until i see a better place to buy or the sell side resume.

Hope your well Lee, good luck with your trading.

10% move is nothing , the DAX is just a group of stocks and a 10%-20% move in one stock is more than normal , markets aren't stupid nor smart :) , it is just the way it is , look at the historical charts and you will see how much a stock index can move b4 a decent correction , technically the DAX didn't do anything from 2000 top ...

10% move is nothing , the DAX is just a group of stocks and a 10%-20% move in one stock is more than normal , markets aren't stupid nor smart :) , it is just the way it is , look at the historical charts and you will see how much a stock index can move b4 a decent correction , technically the DAX didn't do anything from 2000 top ...

Of course a single stock can move 10% easy but we are not talking about that, but generally this isnt the case for the index. Again, the fact it remains stupid is my opinion , the fact i have said this why do people assume i am looking for a correction ? A small pull back yes but not 5-10% which is a correction. Historically i think you will find the Dax did quite a bit from 2000 or if a market goes down do you deem this to be not a valid move ?