Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

It's going to be a while before a pullback because no one is mad enough to short.

mmm, I was reading somewhere that borrowed shares are at the highest level for some time, so I guess there must be a good few positioning themselves.

mmm, I was reading somewhere that borrowed shares are at the highest level for some time, so I guess there must be a good few positioning themselves.

I remember reading that, but that was at least 6 weeks ago - about margin being back to 2007 levels.

you could in past get a list of the most heavily shorted NYSE stocks,

Morning Talbs! and Everyone

Another up trade in this part of the world with good China trade balance.
Very tempting to try a short.

No one should utter the dirty S word ! Markets are not allowed to go down again! if you remember last month i mentioned that the thurs/friday before expiry in S&P futures market normally sells off before rallying again monday tuesday, worked all year so no reason to suspect it wont work again ! So lets see what happens this thur/fri !

aye - ftse should be around 6800 had it kept pace with dow this year so far

haha SD i just opened that in the dealing room, the fact i work for a german bank, i was getting some very funny looks ! good though ! :LOL:

Barjon investors love US big caps, US economy is on the mend.

Talbs don't mention the war !

FTSE ex divi taking 10.9pts off the index today, GSK/BP/ANTO/KGF/ULVR.....

Talbs don't mention the war !

FTSE ex divi taking 10.9pts off the index today, GSK/BP/ANTO/KGF/ULVR.....[/QUOTE]

ha this is it !

Made a huge mistake last night, shorted dow on close didnt realise 16.5 pts dividend got taken for £165 ! Obviously it moves that way but very annoying !