Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

RIO/BLT both below 200day ma's

china etf FXI doing very poorly should in theory hurt Dax, but not as yet

US indices showing decent strength, FTSE being overpowered by Europe woes

Are Institutional Investors in Accumulation or Distribution?
We have been posting the Institutional Investor Accumulation/Distribution chart (from our Standard subscriber site) on this free member site for the past two weeks. We will post it again today, but then refrain in posting it for a while in fairness to our paid subscribers.
Here is what the Institutional Investors are doing right now ...
They are still in Accumulation, but if you look at the chart, it is in a down trend which signifies that they are currently lessening their exposure to the market.
Do note that I drew trend lines from December to yesterday on the NYA Index and the Institutional Accumulation levels.

Trade Effectively by Just Doing What Institutional Investors are Doing | Marty Chenard | Safehaven.com

Moved my stop to 50 points away on earlier short. I checked on a financial calendar before trading and these German figures were shown as of only moderate importance.

Ian

Moved my stop to 50 points away on earlier short. I checked on a financial calendar before trading and these German figures were shown as of only moderate importance.

Ian

Possibly this - you know how fickle the markets are when it comes to the latest most fashionable news:

BREAKING

ECB to suspend Cyprus bank help Monday if no deal

mornin'

yes, ftse about -50 weak vs dow overall yesterday. opened slightly strong (+6) but quickly turned weak again. I'm looking for long/short soon as I see some sign that weakness period is over.

tried it at 6391 and 14490

aye ftse continues weakish net 6 underwater atm

Given the state of the markets, might it not be more likely that the Dow will follow suit and come down as per European markets?

Ive been holding a Dow short for some days now and ducking and diving in with other shorts. Also holding a Dax short since a couple of days now.

Markets feel very much like they want to come down - but then you have days like yesterday where 14550 is hit on a sharp upwards move. Just can't make a call easily these days.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Sorry if i missed something but I thought you were long ftse at 6427?

Hi Ian,

Sorry if i missed something but I thought you were long ftse at 6427?

J2O

Yes you are correct it was a long. Deal just about surviving at the moment but came within a couple of points of stopping out at one stage.

Ian

Im buying at these levels having been short since yesterday, play the range i dont see us blowing out one way or another, something to keep in mind for the bears, Friday night eurusd closed at 1.3060 we havent closed that gap yet and we all know if Euro goes bid so do equities ! Also bunds and treasuries failing to push higher, money will flow back out of bonds and back into equities, near term risks for a spike higher will be rumours about Cyprus poss meeting at 6pm tonight